NEurope
Retro_Link

Kirby: Triple Deluxe

Wait, does Camouflage make you invincible or something?

Because I peppered every boss with fully charged shots and dash attacked through any attacks.

LOL. Indeed it does. :D

LOL. Indeed it does. :D

OK, that's it! Archer is the best Kirby ability ever! And I'm including all those abilities that only show up in final boss fights.

I just beat the story mode 100%, am now doing the arena and dedede tour!

Man what a game, I've played almost every Kirby game, and while I've enjoyed them all, this game is just so amazing!

I loved the music, the graphics, the controls (hooray for D-pad!) the atmosphere and the boss battles were awesome.

I can't stop playing even after I got every sun stone, and the extra modes are quite fun too!

So far I have platinum medals for Dedede drum dash for levels 1,2 and 3. For the extra level I really can't get better than a golden medal. Does that matter for the completion percentage on your overall file, or is a golden medal good enough for that?

I just beat the story mode 100%, am now doing the arena and dedede tour!

Man what a game, I've played almost every Kirby game, and while I've enjoyed them all, this game is just so amazing!

I loved the music, the graphics, the controls (hooray for D-pad!) the atmosphere and the boss battles were awesome.

I can't stop playing even after I got every sun stone, and the extra modes are quite fun too!

So far I have platinum medals for Dedede drum dash for levels 1,2 and 3. For the extra level I really can't get better than a golden medal. Does that matter for the completion percentage on your overall file, or is a golden medal good enough for that?

You just need a medal on the 4th stage, doesn't even have to be gold.

I'm wanting to pick a new game up before Smash hits and I'm torn between this and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. I had no idea where to post this so thought I'd put it in this thread as I'm more leaning towards Kirby anyway...

Does anyone have any preference for which game is better?! I know they're both different but if anyone has played both and can recommend one over the other I'd appreciate!

Had a go of the DK demo in Game the other week and really enjoyed it. Not had any experience with this game other than net videos, but as I say I'm liking the idea of this a bit more at min.

Cheers.

I'm wanting to pick a new game up before Smash hits and I'm torn between this and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. I had no idea where to post this so thought I'd put it in this thread as I'm more leaning towards Kirby anyway...

Does anyone have any preference for which game is better?! I know they're both different but if anyone has played both and can recommend one over the other I'd appreciate!

Had a go of the DK demo in Game the other week and really enjoyed it. Not had any experience with this game other than net videos, but as I say I'm liking the idea of this a bit more at min.

Cheers.

Both are amazing games.

Kirby is just pure joy shoved into a 3DS cartridge. DK is more hardcore and can get frustrating for some at times.

Cheers.

Both are looking to achieve different things. I've yet to play DKCTF (that's not happening until November for me), but Kirby is a wonderfully joyful, light and breezy game while DKCR & DKCTF are tough as nails, balls to the walls, thrill rides of a platformer.

I'd go for the one that fits your mood right now. Do you want to play something light and breezy or something that'll test your mettle? (Of course, you have to get both eventually though ;) )

Thank you for the replies guys!! : peace:

Hmm, I knew DK was a challenge. Part of me is feeling like a bit of a hardcore thrill ride, so maybe I am leaning more towards DK now.

And Dcubed, of course I shall be getting both at some point! I was gonna get DK at launch, but I was a bit platformed out and was playing a lot of my Vita at the time so I skipped it.

Hmm now I really don't know!

Triple Deluxe time! ...Finally. :hehe:

87cQPli.jpg

I had to get a Kirby amiibo too, yes. :grin:

He's not as perfectly spherical as he should be, but not too bad. :)

Anyway, just blasted through the first world of Triple Deluxe, this game is sweet! :heart:

And Dedede's Drum Dash is amazing!! :bouncy: @S\.C\.G, you were spot-on about that one. icon14.gif

Is Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe ever coming out in Europe? :blank:

Triple Deluxe time! ...Finally. :hehe:

87cQPli.jpg

I had to get a Kirby amiibo too, yes. :grin:

He's not as perfectly spherical as he should be, but not too bad. :)

Anyway, just blasted through the first world of Triple Deluxe, this game is sweet! :heart:

And Dedede's Drum Dash is amazing!! :bouncy: @S\.C\.G, you were spot-on about that one. icon14.gif

Is Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe ever coming out in Europe? :blank:

It and Kirby Fighters Z have both been rated for EU/Aus release, so they are indeed coming (just much later in typical NOE fashion when it comes to all things Kirby :p )

BTW, just in case you don't already know, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball has also been rated for an EU release too (plus the Smash Wii U trophy in the EU version also mentions an upcoming EU release ;) )

Glad to see you're enjoying Triple Deluxe! It's not quite as good as Return to Dreamland/Kirby's Adventure Wii IMO but it's certainly up there! (Oh and yes, Dedede's Drum Dash is indeed the shizz! :D )

I still don't hvae this either. Waiting for it cheap (yeah right), or when ive played through more of my games.

I still don't hvae this either. Waiting for it cheap (yeah right), or when ive played through more of my games.

Me too. Kirby's one of my favourite franchises ever, possibly due to 'his' immense diversity, both across and within games. I keep getting tempted by it at ShopTo for £25, but I also just realised how much money I've spent recently and it's kinda winding my back(my 3DS is getting some good lovin' for fantasy life atm tho, a new title could be good for it...though i should probs finish dream team and aLBW first -.-)

I would like to get this game eventually as Kirby is generally very awesome in his 2D outings (Kirby Super Star was god tier). However I've been hearing this game is a bit too easy, is that right? I'd like to get this when it's a bit cheaper.

I would like to get this game eventually as Kirby is generally very awesome in his 2D outings (Kirby Super Star was god tier). However I've been hearing this game is a bit too easy, is that right? I'd like to get this when it's a bit cheaper.

When is Kirby not easy?

It's £21 at Argos at the moment.

I mean I've seen it being heavily criticised for being too easy, something that never happened for Super Star.

I mean I've seen it being heavily criticised for being too easy, something that never happened for Super Star.

I thought it was the same difficulty as other Kirby games.

It was one of my fav games of last year. Highly recommend it.

When is Kirby not easy?

Amazing Mirror on the GBA. I genuinely have no idea what to do in that one!

@RedShell noticed you were on this some more today. You still enjoying it?
Yeah, it's great. :) Only about 40% through at the moment, but it's pretty incredible how much variety they've crammed into this. icon14.gif

I've been surprised by just how many moves some of Kirby's copy abilities have (stuff you don't even need to really make use of while playing the story mode) and the 3D effect is amazing.

That laser pole item you can pick up on certain stages (which then stretches across the background and foreground) is one of the best examples of stereoscopic 3D I've ever seen. :awesome:

Yeah, it's great. :) Only about 40% through at the moment, but it's pretty incredible how much variety they've crammed into this. icon14.gif

I've been surprised by just how many moves some of Kirby's copy abilities have (stuff you don't even need to really make use of while playing the story mode) and the 3D effect is amazing.

That laser pole item you can pick up on certain stages (which then stretches across the background and foreground) is one of the best examples of stereoscopic 3D I've ever seen. :awesome:

Glad to hear it.

Dat soundtrack though. :bowdown::awesome::bowdown:

Dat soundtrack though. :bowdown::awesome::bowdown:
Yeah, Kirby games have always been rad in that department. :)

Personally, I can't get enough of this:

Dat easy listening. :love:

I usually spend ages checking out any new keychains I collect as a result. :hehe:

Glad to hear someone else enjoying this wonderful game. It's my commuting game to and from work, certainly is a lot of fun. Some of them sun stones though can be a tad tricky.

Fantastic game one of my favourites last year as well. The circus type theme is so so so catchy as well.

Ended up picking this up after seeing it was £21.99 at argos, won't get much cheaper than that! Don't know when I'll play it, but it's been on my list for ages

Ended up picking this up after seeing it was £21.99 at argos, won't get much cheaper than that! Don't know when I'll play it, but it's been on my list for ages

Wow, that online or instore? Might have to go jump in the car!

EDIT: Ahhhh mate yissss! In at my local. I didn't even get out of bed for work today but I'll get out of bed for Kirby. Quick poop and dress and I think I've found what I'm doing with the rest of my day!