NEurope
Guy

What Have You... Almost Bought But Didn't?

Ohhh hoo, that's right. A fun spin on a forum favourite.

What have you... almost bought but didn't is a thread where we can discuss those purchases we decided against, or perhaps the things we wanted so desperately to buy but couldn't realistically afford if we wanted to eat for the next week.

Use the thread how you like, it's yours now.

---

I'll kick off with Wind Waker HD Limited Edition on Wii U.

I debated pre-ordering this for a while, then decided I wouldn't. Then a GAME voucher dropped the price down by a tenner and I finally crumbled.

Today I realised the game is a definite rent for me. I've beaten it several times before and see no reason to spend £50 I need for other things on a HD remake of a game I already own (twice) and a crappy piece of plastic.

Am I an adult now?

The Nexus One. When it was first announced for the US, I was sold. It was the phone I wanted (I had a Symbian smartphone at the time). It was $529 plus shipping.

I actually went as far as entering my card details and paying. However, my bank blocked it because it was a large transaction to a foreign company (and in another currency).

Which gave me time to realise that it was probably a bit too much money for me at the time. So I ended up cancelling the order.

I almost bought Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention the other day on Vita when it was reduced to £13.49 on the PSN store.

I went to ShopTo and bought a PSN code, added the code to my account. Clicked buy on the game page which I had already loaded up about 10 minutes prior.

And the discount price had gone back up to like £35 in the 10 minutes it took to add the code. FML.

Almost bought a kebab and chips last night on the way home from the pub. Instead dug deep and found that hidden restraint and didn't, instead opting for a Toffee Crisp and a pack of McCoys when I got home.

The Wonderful 101 and Wind Waker HD! In fact, I'm gonna try and not buy any games for the next few months as I've got MASSES from this past year that need completing.

But shit yeah, I did forget this and bought GTA a few days ago.

I almost bought some shoes. Like 2-3 pairs like an absolute woman. Then I thought about it some more and bought none.

I also almost bought GTAV...but then I saw it was like £40 minimum and I was like lolnope. I have so many games to play already too.

I've also almost bought my mum's car, but I'm avoiding writing the cheque yet. Payday is tuesday and it's sad realising that the money is going to be gone as soon as it's there :(

I concur with the GTAV abstinence. I really want it, but i ought to complete one or two of my other games first.

1234959_663720550306716_2014443630_n.jpg

Really want a decent guide for it, but £20 is a lot for something I can probably find free online.

For the first time I can remember, I've just cancelled pre-orders for two games I want, with a view to picking them up later, when cheaper, or potentially not at all.... Batman Arkham Origins and Dragon's Crown.

I can't catch up with all the games I already have/want to play. Real life is getting in the way :blank:

For the first time I can remember, I've just cancelled pre-orders for two games I want, with a view to picking them up later, when cheaper, or potentially not at all.... Batman Arkham Origins and Dragon's Crown.

I can't catch up with all the games I already have/want to play. Real life is getting in the way :blank:

Real Life? What game is that?

I almost bought a 3D TV once when I was still drunk the morning after. Fortunately my wallet was in the next room and I came to my senses.

I almost pre-ordered an Xbox One a few weeks ago but then realised that there's no point in paying £400+ for a console when the only game I play is Call of Duty.

I think my problem is that I could never post in here. I end up buying things on a whim, never thinking it over and regretting it :heh:

I keep putting a Nexus 7 in my basket and then talking myself out of it....

Here's someone to talk you into it...

£179 at Tesco...

I almost bought a house in a new estate in the Middleton Area of Leeds last month, nice 3 bed town house with garage.

Each had its own odd issues, there were two variants;

one had the kitchen on the ground floor behind the garage so you'd have to walk up down stairs to go sit with a cuppa infront of the TV (the three bedrooms were all double rooms),

the other option was to have the kitchen on the first floor replacing bedroom with the living room, but then a small bedroom took its place on the ground floor with a utility room

In the end the deciding thing was the area really, despite the fact we couldn't agree on layout and one thing we noticed was the estate was close to two council estates Belle Isle and Thorpe,

Belle isle has a bad reputation (last year two chinesse people were found murdered in the boot of someones car on his drive), but we were further away from this over half a mile i'd have thought, with some nicer homes and a school between

The other,Thorpe is the one we'd have ended up with a plot near, had travellers homes on the edge of the estate, which they let horses roam the field between the estates, which although not nice to look at didn't seem so bad...until about a month ago someone was murdered there....

so yeah were looking around after being put off quite a bit

I was going to buy these, but I just didn't feel like they were worth it. Oh well.

368-queen-waving.jpg

Very niiiiiiiiiice. How much?

so yeah were looking around after being put off quite a bit

You definitely made the right choice. There's so many nicer areas to move to in Leeds. Are you from there originally?

A 60" 4k TV. Saw it in the shop, fell in love. Would have bought it but didn't have enough space on my credit card

Very niiiiiiiiiice. How much?

I'd tell you, but after years of mingling with the plebeians I learned that if you have to ask, then you can't afford it.

I just bought my car insurance on my credit card. Thinking it had come out a little cheaper than expected, I decided to get the Nexus 7. My card was rejected twice probably because I had just spent a chunk on it moments earlier :blank:

I chose not to take this a sign, called the bank and gave in to the shiny shiny Nexus. So I guess... scrap that post above.

You definitely made the right choice. There's so many nicer areas to move to in Leeds. Are you from there originally?

Yeash i've always lived in Leeds but the east side (Templenewsam and now Oakwood with parents) but me and the other half wanted a new home, and Middleton is near where we work and was cheap

House hunting is a nightmare, somany variables, so much to go wrong and its a decision you are going to have to live with for some time

@Shorty Awesome. It will not disappoint. Crispest display you will ever have seen - 1920 x 1200 in 7" is unreal. Runs butter smooth too.

If you haven't got a new case already I recommend this (I chose red, there's a few other colours). I had a MOFRED one for my old case; this G-hub one is really similar but has extra cutaways at the top and bottom which helps when swiping the menu down at the top. Also looks a bit more premium.

I almost bought Killer is Dead and One Piece Pirate Warriors 2, but then I realized I'd not be able to afford them when they came out, but hey now I can get them later and they'll be cheaper, so it's not all bad.