NEurope
Serebii

Wii Fit U

It begins...

So after a bit of deliberation I have finally ordered my brand new shiny fit meter off eBay. :)

I gather that the deal is, I can download it now and start using it with the existing white balance board that we have in the household - will keep my eye out for a black balance board to compliment my Wii U - then when the meter arrives on Tuesday it's just a case of setting it up, linking it somehow annnnd that's it?

Going to start downloading now in any case. :D

It begins...

So after a bit of deliberation I have finally ordered my brand new shiny fit meter off eBay. :)

I gather that the deal is, I can download it now and start using it with the existing white balance board that we have in the household - will keep my eye out for a black balance board to compliment my Wii U - then when the meter arrives on Tuesday it's just a case of setting it up, linking it somehow annnnd that's it?

Going to start downloading now in any case. :D

Nice one, S.C.G. icon14.gif

And yeah, you can start using Wii Fit U right away and then link the Fit Meter any time within the 30 day trial. :)

By the way, don't forget to join the N-E Community:

8034-1592-9901

: peace:

I've started doing a workout for my back area using this. My lower back went a couple of months ago while I was out jogging and it keeps flaring up. I sneezed whilst at my brothers the other week and it went again. I practically went down on one knee, all the while my brother stood there laughing. :D I must have put a disc out of place or something. I'm hoping by doing a bit of Yoga and concentrating on the back exercises I can sort this out.

Wii Fit U to the rescue! :D

I've started doing a workout for my back area using this. My lower back went a couple of months ago while I was out jogging and it keeps flaring up. I sneezed whilst at my brothers the other week and it went again. I practically went down on one knee, all the while my brother stood there laughing. :D I must have put a disc out of place or something. I'm hoping by doing a bit of Yoga and concentrating on the back exercises I can sort this out.

Wii Fit U to the rescue! :D

Hope you are having physio too! It's key to get the blood flow back into your muscles and is something that stopped my shooting pains in yay back. I still have physio but have improved immensely. Go see your doctor, especially when you are considering exercise though. Yoga can be quite strenuous too, so be careful. :awesome:

Apologies if this has already been asked, but as someone who has never owned any Wii Fit software (and particularly hardware) would it be better for me to pick up the official Wii Fit U bundle, a whopping £85 to preorder on Amazon, or in theory I can get a meter for £20, a dodgy knockoff balance board for £30ish and then the software is free forever right?

Apologies if this has already been asked, but as someone who has never owned any Wii Fit software (and particularly hardware) would it be better for me to pick up the official Wii Fit U bundle, a whopping £85 to preorder on Amazon, or in theory I can get a meter for £20, a dodgy knockoff balance board for £30ish and then the software is free forever right?

Correct. If you download the free trial and then sync the Fit Meter before the end of January 2014, iirc on the date.

I imagine that most people have given up and ordered online, but for anyone trying to find the fit meters in a shop, both argos and game now have them in store.

Yo won't have to spend close to £30 on a balance board, second hand ones are going for just over a tenner

Yo won't have to spend close to £30 on a balance board, second hand ones are going for just over a tenner

Official? I'm guessing in white and probably in really bad condition... It's odd the black balance boards seem to be harder to find - and are more costly for some reason - while the white ones you can find anywhere, pretty cheap too, there seems to be some newer condition ones on eBay but you'll probably expect to pay at least £20 for those. ::shrug:

I managed to snag an official black balance board which is on it's way to me as I type for £40 new in box with Wii Fit plus which I thought wasn't bad considering some places are still selling that set for £60 + new! :o

Did get to try Wii Fit U out last night - joined the N-E community - and it's good... very good in fact, was gonna have a go on it this morning but Zelda arrived so. :D

I do intend to use it regularly though and will no doubt be on it later. : peace:

Anyone know if it's possible to get all of the Mii outfits from the dancing games?

I've got the Salsa one, but despite scoring over 100 points on advanced for the other dances, I don't have any of the other costumes. ::shrug:

@VsPhoenix, I know that you've got the Salsa one too, any idea? :hmm:

Also, you must walk a lot. You're well out in the lead on the overall steps progress. :bowdown: And consequently the only Mii head that I've not been able to trample. :laughing:Apart from in the overall altitude progress. :hehe:

I'm very temptedings by this. Quick question, do you need one PEDOmeter per user? So, if I wanted to use it with the woman, would she need her own one, too?

Thank you, please.

I'm very temptedings by this. Quick question, do you need one PEDOmeter per user? So, if I wanted to use it with the woman, would she need her own one, too?

Thank you, please.

Yep, sadly it's one per user... unless you want to wipe and re register it every use.

Yep, sadly it's one per user... unless you want to wipe and re register it every use.

Cheers, brah.

Not a massive deal. What does the meter actually do? Does it do anything bar count the number of steps that you take, or is there a bit more to it than that? I hardly touched the original Wii Fit so I don't know an awful lot about this.

I know that you've got the Salsa one too, any idea?

No, that's the only dancing one I've got, but I haven't played the dancing ones much as I have to move stuff around to make room.

As for the walking I still have the Walk with Me pedometer set to 10000 steps and make sure it's green every day. I've always struggled with my weight, but after losing most of the excess I've found walking the best way of keeping it off. It's also the reason I have so many streetpasses:grin:.

What does the meter actually do? Does it do anything bar count the number of steps that you take, or is there a bit more to it than that?

It basically counts your steps and uses that to calculate how many calories you burn during the day. It has an altitude sensor built in to allow for going uphill, and you can see graphs of how active you've been. When you link to the game, it adds the calories you've burnt onto the in game total, and there are also walking/climbing challenges to beat. None of it's essential, you don't need it for the in game exercises, and as long as one of you has a pedometer you can both use the game for free. I believe you can also add a step count in manually if you have a normal pedometer, or at least you could in the previous games. You would miss out on some of the unlockable costumes, but I think that would be all.

No, that's the only dancing one I've got, but I haven't played the dancing ones much as I have to move stuff around to make room.
Hmm... The mystery continues then. :hehe:

Let me know if you ever unlock another one.

As for the walking I still have the Walk with Me pedometer set to 10000 steps and make sure it's green every day. I've always struggled with my weight, but after losing most of the excess I've found walking the best way of keeping it off. It's also the reason I have so many streetpasses:grin:.
Great stuff. icon14.gif

I've retired my Walk with Me Activity Meter since getting the Fit Meter. Do you still upload your steps for the Space Walk?

What does the meter actually do? Does it do anything bar count the number of steps that you take, or is there a bit more to it than that? I hardly touched the original Wii Fit so I don't know an awful lot about this.
Just think of it as a pedometer on steroids. :D So yeah, not only does it count your steps, it also differentiates between light activity/walking/running/ascending/descending.

The screen on the Fit Meter displays calories burnt, steps taken, altitude, time and ambient temperature.

It's an awesome little gadget. :cool:

My goal is to get around the equator before @VsPhoenix.

I'm catching up dramatically, though :p

Challenge accepted. :cool:
Hehehe! Now this is what I like to see. :)

Good luck to the both of you. :bowdown:

One of the best things that unlock with it, is with you transferring all activity to the wii u, it works out how much weight you're losing and working out roughly what you must be intaking through your diet, then sets a calorie burn based on how much you want to lose based on this. Great incentive. Can even go on at the end of the day, see where you are and it creates a routine to wipe out the remaining daily goal

One of the best things that unlock with it, is with you transferring all activity to the wii u, it works out how much weight you're losing and working out roughly what you must be intaking through your diet, then sets a calorie burn based on how much you want to lose based on this. Great incentive. Can even go on at the end of the day, see where you are and it creates a routine to wipe out the remaining daily goal

Yeah...mine told me I need to burn 4,000 calories a day to get my target of -1lb in two weeks.

Think I'm eating too much crap haha

I tell you what tge meter doesn't do, it doesn't work out the calories used carrying your 3 stone 4 year old up 8 flights of stairs. .. no siree!

I tell you what tge meter doesn't do, it doesn't work out the calories used carrying your 3 stone 4 year old up 8 flights of stairs. .. no siree!

But you can add that manually :)

I'm still playing this a little bit nearly every day so I'm still discovering all the various activities, really liked the Scuba-diving, don't really have enough room for the Luge run but it's still enjoyable oh and the Ball tilt where you have to get the balls in the holes is even more brutal on the hardest setting. :p

Some of the activities feel a little poorly thought out but fortunately there aren't so many of those; still putting in about half an hours exercise a day currently and I'm finding it rewarding. :)

I've retired my Walk with Me Activity Meter since getting the Fit Meter. Do you still upload your steps for the Space Walk?

No, the card lives in my old DSi which doesn't work with the house wifi, so I hardly ever upload them. I've been carrying the meter around for so long now I haven't got the heart to retire it. Maybe next time the battery goes.

I've been having problems with my ankle for the last couple of weeks but I'm trying to get back into Wii Fit U now that it seems to be on the mend :heh:

I was playing Squash this morning and I'm still not entirely sure what way you're supposed to hold the Wii Remote in it. There are a few shots where I think I may have figured it out only for the next shot to go completely differently to how I expect :hmm:Wii Sports Tennis and Table Tennis felt great and it felt natural hitting the ball but I don't know what is wrong in this ::shrug: