NEurope
Serebii

Wii Fit U

This is a really interesting idea. There was no way I was going to purchase this at retail but as an 'upgrade' to Wii Fit I'm very likely to buy it.

Having a digital copy is a much better idea anyway, it's finally what Nintendo were trying to do with the Wii Fit Channel.

I think this is a good idea from Nintendo.

How much is the game with balance board going to cost?

Ironically I can't be bothered to bring my Balance Board down to London because it weighs SO DAMN MUCH.

November 1st is really creepily good timing for me! I only just got back into playing Wii Fit Plus over the last month (lost around 13 kilos!), so this comes at the perfect time for me!

I am SO in for that download version with the Activity Meter! Stupidly good bargain! (and if the mini games are just as fun as the last two, they'll be worth the price of entry alone :D )

I really enjoyed the first two... for the first month. So I guess I'll enjoy the initial free trial of this and then become a lazy shit again :p

But nah, seriously, Wii Fit had some amazing minigames. I love the marching one!

I really enjoyed the first two... for the first month. So I guess I'll enjoy the initial free trial of this and then become a lazy shit again :p

But nah, seriously, Wii Fit had some amazing minigames. I love the marching one!

Yup! So true. I became addicted to that ball balancing one and that floating bubble one (total bastard of a game that one is! Fucking tough as nails!).

The chicken suit game is also a good laugh :laughing: (it wasn't until Pilotwings SNES came out on the VC did I realise that it was actually a semi-remake of one of its bonus stages!)

chicken-620x.jpg

52815-pilotwings-snes-screenshot-when-you-complete-some-special-objectives.gif

The chicken suit game is also a good laugh :laughing: (it wasn't until Pilotwings SNES came out on the VC did I realise that it was actually a semi-remake of one of its bonus stages!)
The first time I played that game was an amazing moment for me. :love:

My impressions from the Wii Fit Plus thread:

Another game I must mention is the flying chicken one, it makes you look like an absolute buffoon, but is such a great laugh and a truly bizarre experience the first time you play it. There's something about it that feels kind of entrancing, although that might just be down to me being a big fan of Pilotwings. But yeah, when I started playing it I suddenly thought back to 15 years ago and playing the bonus game on the SNES version of Pilotwings, then I snapped out of the daydream and realized that I was actually flapping my arms like a bird to control what is basically exactly the same game, I was like "wow, this is completely mental!" It seriously made me think about how far gaming has come.

I know that's probably going to be hilarious to some people on here, but that's genuinely how I felt.

Can't wait to see all of the new activities in Wii Fit U. :bouncy:

Are all of the ones from the original/Plus still included too? I really love the juggling game, it never fails to make me laugh. :grin:

The first time I played that game was an amazing moment for me. :love:

My impressions from the Wii Fit Plus thread:

Can't wait to see all of the new activities in Wii Fit U. :bouncy:

Are all of the ones from the original/Plus still included too? I really love the juggling game, it never fails to make me laugh. :grin:

Yeah, it includes all of the games and activities from the past two titles. It's basically Wii Fit ++ :)

Has anywhere got the Fit Meter available for pre-order yet?

No sign of them on Amazon or ShopTo, just the bundle with the game. :hmm:

Not seen it yet. The retail version with the Meter seems to be around £40 - £50 at the minute so £20 for the Meter + free digital version is a pretty good deal.

Not seen it yet. The retail version with the Meter seems to be around £40 - £50 at the minute so £20 for the Meter + free digital version is a pretty good deal.

Isn't it €20? So shouldn't it actually be cheaper in the UK? (something within £14.99-£17.99)

£19.99 to be able to play the full game forever and have an activity meter seems like a pretty great deal to me :yay: I haven't bought anything since New Super Luigi U but deals such as this and Wii Sports Club are enticing me to part with a little money.. but they'll be well worth it :hehe:

£19.99 is a total rip for the UK, since it's $19.99 and €19.99 elsewhere, but you know what? The free game offer is such a stonkingly amazing deal anyway, that I don't really mind the unfair exchange rate in this case. It's still an amazing deal! (I suppose it's karma for the fantastic exchange rate we got for Ace Attorney Dual Destinies - where the UK pays a pitiful £19.99 :D )

When is this out? Here in The Netherlands I've only seen some sites advertising the package deal but nowhere have I seen the standalone Fit Meter yet...

When is this out? Here in The Netherlands I've only seen some sites advertising the package deal but nowhere have I seen the standalone Fit Meter yet...

Trial version is out on the eShop 1st November, it's free for one month. If you buy the meter you unlock the full version.

The meter is £20/20EUR so if you already have the balance board then that's the total cost of getting the full game.

Retail version is out 6th December which currently cost £49.99 on Amazon. That's for the game + meter

After the trial period of the eShop version it becomes the full version at normal price which ends at the end of January.

Hmm... This is still unavailable to download on eShop. It just says Release: 01/11/2013. :rolleyes:

You'd think being based in Germany would improve efficiency. :heh:

Hmm... This is still unavailable to download on eShop. It just says Release: 01/11/2013. :rolleyes:

You'd think being based in Germany would improve efficiency. :heh:

Germany is so efficient, that they refuse to release anything before 09:00 on the dot and not a second earlier or later ;)

Germany is so efficient, that they refuse to release anything before 09:00 on the dot and not a second earlier or later ;)
That vas 27 minuten ago, ya? :heh:

Nicht in GMT ;)
Ich sehe. :hehe:

Aber ich denke immer noch, es ist lächerlich, dass Nintendo nicht bekommen diese bereit für Mitternacht. :nono:

Ich sehe. :hehe:

Aber ich denke immer noch, es ist lächerlich, dass Nintendo nicht bekommen diese bereit für Mitternacht. :nono:

Wäre das nicht ein Nintendo-Spiel, ohne ein paar mehr Verspätungen ;)

Wäre das nicht ein Nintendo-Spiel, ohne ein paar mehr Verspätungen ;)
Das ist wahr. :laughing:

Oh well, at least I can mess around on Google translate during the wait. :p

And... it's up. :)

You were spot on Dcubed, again. :cool:

Edited by RedShell

Never doubt German efficiency ;)

BTW it's 4.6GB for anyone wondering (hope you cleaned your fridge! -or better yet, got a bigger one)

It's weird, I'm both looking forward to it and not at the same time. I know it's gonna be fun, but I've been slacking on exercise and diet recently, so I'm scared to see how much I've let myself go :cry:

Bloody hell, took 2 hours to download! :o

I can download a similar amount of data from Steam or the PlayStation Store in under 40 minutes. Now the install is going at snail's pace too... :zzz:

Glad I don't download very much from the eShop.