NEurope
ReZourceman

Pokémafia EX Alpha 1 : Double Trouble!

I'm surprised you were told who you were redirected to...

Do we have any other known roleblockers? Carl flipped town and we have Sheikah and I guess Diageo.

ReZ only sends return messages if it's info related or when things go wrong. So when I didn't reach my target I got told who I went to instead.

I think I still want to lynch Esequiel after yesterday's shenanigans with Dedede and EEVIL flipping town.

Vote:Esequiel

Anyways, I sent Cube to drakhon. drakhon is dead.

Funnily enough, my target was actually drakhon, so you sent me to my target.

Last night I used a flare ability, which I received the night before (the powers I get are random). Which is why Scyther & Scizor were specifically mentioned.

I'm also fairly sure that this is why @Rummy is mentioned

Vote: Rummy

I am Rotom & Alakazam.

Why vote for me? I thought the highlight is for an investigator?

Oh, I'm definitely not as modern as Scyther and Scizor. I also see you being accused of a murder and trying to pin it on me. I'll happily vote for you if the town want to as a whole.

Why vote for me? I thought the highlight is for an investigator?

I'm not 100% sure on it, but unless someone can explain why there are two names this time, I can only presume that it was me who caused it (due to the flare power, which highlights people).

As I targeted drakhon, it would make sense that you were highlighted because you also targeted him.

We are fucking voting for Esequiel and anyone who doesn't is either mafia or retarded. There should be no conflict over this. Vote Esequiel

I targeted HeroicJanitor last night but was redirected to... HeroicJanitor. Makes me think he's mafia because they know he'll get a double. Vote for Esequiel Heroic so my suspicions are removed.

I'm guessing a power mimic, a boost or Jonnas's evolution resulted in 2 verdicts in the writeup? I got the result 'definitely Mafia' in large purple font last night. @Jonnas given Paul's info on Cube, can you confirm if you sent Cube's alignment to me?

The one I targeted was Rummy, actually. Unless my evolution had the side effect of targeting someone else without me knowing, I don't know why Cube appears.

Anyway, if you got "Definitely Mafia", then that's different than the messages we saw before, it's worth a try.

Vote: Rummy

Ah, Cube's info seems plausible there then if it correlates with Jonnas' target and what Sheikah received. Let's roll with it.

Change Vote: Rummy

Vote : Rummy

I trust Jonnas and since he got evolved, his result got more believable.

Vote : Rummy - 6 ; Cube, Jonnas, Mr-Paul, Esequiel, Sheikah.

Majority has been reached.

138.gif140.gif

@Mr\-Paul

@Sheikah

Please can someone prevent automerge.

Reaching a position of power that would guarantee their win, the remaining mafia members surrounded the remaining players.

One player stepped out and joined their ranks.

094.gif094.gif

@Mr\-Paul was Shuckle & Shuckle, he could target a player and redirect them to a different target. Players investigating him would end up at his target.

xerneas_sprite__fixed__by_lord_myre-d5rba0f.pngyveltal_by_countgate-d5r4t8u.png

@Magnus Peterson was Xerneas & Yveltal, he could target a player and discover their ability and could use it the following night. He would also appear good under investigation.

--------------

The ground started to tremble, and the mafia players leapt into the ground, where the hidden cave was located. It now became clear what the steel Pokemon had found, as a giant crack in the cave was now visible. Streams of light erupted from the crack, with visions and images.....this was a vision of the future.

Knowing the power that the crack contained, the evil masterminds jumped into the light, wanting to find the source of its immense power....to either consume or corrupt for themselves.

Treacherous paths lie ahead.

A dangerous new battlefield.

Dark surprises and ferocious new relationships.

Await you in.....

Pokemafia EX Alpha 2

--------------

Congratulations to the winners.

How the fuck did i survive! Amazed at how bad the town played, it clearly said that Sycther was the killer today and i told yall i was that pokemon ages ago. And eevil investigated me as mafia and died a townie, and you had me at 7 out of 8 to be lynched one day then lynched someone else the next day! Was a fun game though :0

I suspected Sheikah a bit but I think he played it off well. It wasn't until I was roleblocked by him for the second time that I really thought he was mafia but there wasn't anything I could do about it :p

I think the town were guided too easily into lynches. I like the mentality people are having in that they want to be lynching more but I hope they aren't put off by this game. It's a learning curve but it will lead to a better town I think.

Also I totally didn't read @ReZourceman's post properly and thought we had another night phase coming. I was like 'why hasn't he just ended it' :laughing:

@Diageo was the only one on the right track the whole way through.

To be honest, the second night really took me out of the game, so I was far from my best.

Yeah genuinely gobsmacked that you weren't lynched tbh.

Thanks @Cube for the vote on Rummy because Magnus wasn't anywhere to be seen. :p

Really enjoyed the game, especially the excellent timekeeping by ReZ. I've seen a lot of games become forgotten and lost due to lots of extended day and night phases. So glad of the precise timings, really.

Also extra thanks to members of the Mafia. Out of all the times I've been Mafia, this has been the most active group where mostly everyone was back and forth-ing ideas. So nice to not just have one person doing it all.

Anyway, well done ReZ! I think you did the roles really well.

Just reading the roles now, I knew I didn't bloody trust Jonnas :p still ended up trying to protect him a couple of times. Poor play from me in this game but there weren't many candidates for protection other than the mafia players who were quite vocal. I was roleblocked the night EEVIL died but I didn't target him anyway - my bad :p

I think Diageo was the only member of the town I tried to protect!

I suspected Sheikah a bit but I think he played it off well. It wasn't until I was roleblocked by him for the second time that I really thought he was mafia but there wasn't anything I could do about it :p

I think the town were guided too easily into lynches. I like the mentality people are having in that they want to be lynching more but I hope they aren't put off by this game. It's a learning curve but it will lead to a better town I think.

Also I totally didn't read @ReZourceman's post properly and thought we had another night phase coming. I was like 'why hasn't he just ended it' :laughing:

@Diageo was the only one on the right track the whole way through.

Thanks. :p At that point the goal was to maximise our chance of a kill so we could get majority so I took the chance of roleblocking you.

Also fun fact, on the last night we got Magnus to use Jonnas's power that he learned previously from targeting him to send a message to Jonnas. We told him to lynch Cube. Good thing he didn't and switched to Rummy or we probably wouldn't have got a kill since Magnus wasn't about.

I am stunned that town didn't kill Esequiel. Jaw droppingly bad! Town got absolutely PUNKED in this one, and can only blame themselves. What a disappointing performance!

Great flavour & running ReZ, as always, looking forward to the next one

Starting roles (pre-evolution).

The Mafia

Beedrill & Butterfree (Mafia Don, Roleblocker, Stun Spore) Beedrill & Butterfree can target a player in the night phase to be roleblocked and doused with stun spore. That night they will be prevented from carrying out their action and the following night they will be paralyzed and there will be a 50% chance that they will be prevented again. As the mafia don, you can choose to have a double vote. For a single vote "Vote: Player" for a double vote "Vote : Player".

Scyther & Scizor (Sky View, Double Team) Scyther & Scizor can target a player in the night phase to be followed. You will discover who your target targeted and who targeted them. You will also discover who targets you in the night phase. Scyther & Scizor are far too fast to be roleblocked.

Shuckle & Shuckle (Redirector) Shuckle & Shuckle can force a player to follow them. They will then split up making them impossible to track, and the player will end up at a different target. (Choose a target to be redirected to a second target. You are untrackable, and players investigating you will reach your final target).

Xerneas & Yveltal (Discovery Light, New, Evolver) Xerneas & Yveltal can target a player that you have not targeted before and discover one of their powers, or an aspect of their power. The following night you can use Discovery Light or the power you discovered the previous night. You will appear good under investigation. If you target a player that can evolve, they will evolve.

Neutral

Gengar & Haunter (Ominous Force, Message From Beyond The Grave) - Gengar & Haunter appear good under investigation. You know all the mafia players and their powers. It is your job to help the mafia players win, and you win the game if you are still alive and the mafia gain majority. Each night you can send one word to a player (forward your word to me), and it will be sent to them in large purple writing. You must also choose a word to appear in the write up, this will also be large purple writing. (The words can be different).

The Town

Bulbasaur, Squirtle & Charmander (Seeds, Puddles and Burns) Bulbasaur, Squirtle & Charmander can choose to use one of three abilities each night phase. Seeds Of Power - You will plant a seed. Puddle Of Truth - In order to have enough power to use Puddle of Truth, Squirtle must eat a seed. Target a player and view them in the puddle of truth. You will find out their alignment. Burn - A spark of fire will illuminate that player in the write up.

Chikorita, Totodile & Cyndaquil (Seeds, Puddles and Fires) Chikorita, Totodile & Cyndaquil can choose to use one of three abilities each night phase. Seeds of Power - you will plant a seed. Puddle of Knowledge - In order to have enough power to use Puddle of Knowledge, Totodile must eat a seed. Target a player and view them in the puddle of truth. You will discover one of their powers. Fire - Target a player in the night phase to be surrounded by fire. They will be protected from being killed.

Spearow & Pidgey (Message Swappers) Choose a character in the day phase to send a message to. You must send me the message before the end of the day phase, or up to one hour after. Your message will be sent to them, and they will be permitted to send you one back in return. If you are roleblocked, you will not receive the return message.

Mew & Mewtwo (Investigator, Evolver) Mew & Mewtwo can target a player in the night phase to follow. You will discover their alignment. If you target a player that can evolve, they will evolve.

Dragonite & Salamence (Power Investigator, Evolver) Dragonite & Salamence can target a player in the night phase to look into with Dragon power. You will discover one of their powers or an aspect of their power. If you target a Pokemon that can evolve, they will evolve.

Omanyte & Kabuto (Tracker, Ancient Shell) Omanyte & Kabuto can target a player in the night phase to follow. You will discover who that player targeted. Omanyte & Kabuto cannot become paralysed.

Kakuna & Metapod (Reverse Tracker, Harden) Kakuna & Metapod can target a player in the night phase to stalk. You will discover who targeted that player. Kakuna & Metapod take +2 to be lynched before day 5, and +1 to be lynhced after day 5.

Rayquaza & Shiny Rayquaza (Booster, Extreme Speed Untrackable) Rayquaza & Shiny Rayquaza can target a player in the night phase to be invigorated with speed power. The following night their ability will be more powerful. Rayquaza & Shiny Rayquaza cannot be redirected and cannot be tracked.

Grumpig & Miltank (Farm Time) Grumpig & Miltank can target a player to be kidnapped and brought to the farm. You will play with them in the mud, give them milk, and generally they'll have a great time. They will not be targetable by roleblockers, and if they do not have time to the complete their night action after leaving the farm, they will be roleblocked themselves. At the end of the meeting, the milk will leave them feeling fantastic - they will have a double vote in the next day phase.

Rhyperior & Rhyperior (Toughness, Roleblocker) Rhyperior & Rhyperior can target a player in the night phase to be roleblocked. Rhyperior & Rhyperior have a very thick hide and are immune to being roleblocked themselves.

Donphan & Mamoswine (Road Block) Donphan & Mamoswine can target a player in the night phase to form a road block around. Non-flying Pokemon will be unable to reach this player.

Rotom & Alakazam (Power Gainers) Rotom & Alakazam can choose to meditate on any night. If succesful, you will see a vision of a new power, and your combined abilities will allow you to perform that new power on even nights. You can remember multiple powers.

Pinsir & Heracross (Bodyguard Protection) Target a player in the night phase and protect them from forceful malicious attacks. (this includes kills).

Targets to come tomorrow.

I am stunned that town didn't kill Esequiel. Jaw droppingly bad!

Yeah basically!

- EEVIL investigates someone as mafia. He comes out as having investigated himself to confirm his investigation was accurate.

- Then he is killed, proving him to be town (thus no reason to lie) and unquestionably confirmed as telling the truth about his power.

- Esequiel lives on.

I think inactivity is partly to blame too, again its another shame but one I've come to expect.

I was literally reading this thread in disbelief at how retarded the town was?!

Esequiel, Sheikah and Mr-Paul were so obvious.. how the fuck??

And the last day the write-up even told you that Esequiel had attacked drakhon and you still didn't lynch him?? wow.. just... wow.