Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

Mildly amusing despite factual errors. There is HD Mario, and a Zelda on the way, and Nintendo ARE doing a new console. Crap like that is why Nintendo revealed the bloody NX in the first place.

It may be in jest, but considering the reach, that can be damaging.

You must be a riot at parties!

What happened to this direct this week? But Serebii said he'd heard form his amazing contacts...

Week's not even half over yet and they are usually revealed the day before. Relax.

Though I've also heard rumblings of next week. I don't know, my contacts are always cagey

Whether there is a Nintendo Direct this week, next week or whenever, is there anything realistic that anyone wants to see?

I know some of you will go with voice chat, but don't let it turn into another debate about its absence or relevance in gaming today :heh:

Personally, I'm hoping to see a new Mario Strikers soon as both previous entries have been awesome, despite playing very differently! I'd actually like the next version to shake things up a bit again, whilst retaining the fast-paced antics of Mario Strikers: Charged Football :smile: The metal ball was something which seemed to put my friends off the game, for whatever reason, so returning to a more traditional ball would probably be preferable but, whatever the case, the Wii U could do with a good football game!

It would be great to see Mii support too and there's got to be some potential in Amiibo figurines or even cards that friends could trade with each other in school with relevant statistics and what not..

Whether there is a Nintendo Direct this week, next week or whenever, is there anything realistic that anyone wants to see?

I know some of you will go with voice chat, but don't let it turn into another debate about its absence or relevance in gaming today :heh:

Personally, I'm hoping to see a new Mario Strikers soon as both previous entries have been awesome, despite playing very differently! I'd actually like the next version to shake things up a bit again, whilst retaining the fast-paced antics of Mario Strikers: Charged Football :smile: The metal ball was something which seemed to put my friends off the game, for whatever reason, so returning to a more traditional ball would probably be preferable but, whatever the case, the Wii U could do with a good football game!

It would be great to see Mii support too and there's got to be some potential in Amiibo figurines or even cards that friends could trade with each other in school with relevant statistics and what not..

There's stuff I would love to see but with E3 looming I think it's a safe bet that we will just get release dates for the likes of Splatoon and Yoshi, some info on the next Amiibo waves and maybe some cheeky downloadable stuff like Pokemon Rumble World or new VC stuff. All of which I would be fine with.

Any new game announcements will be getting held back for E3, I think.

I don't see how much more they can squeeze in, so news about amiibo waves and functionality, platoon blow out - modes, dlc, amiibo, smash update and dlc etc.

What hasn't been announced and I'd like to see? a Mario Kart update fixing battle Mode? Some more indie exclusives, a few nintendo shop games, a more extensive virtual console roll out, and, as always - F ZERO GX HD with online!!! (and voice chat....)

Thinking about it, Tuesday is logical for the Direct:

The UK press site update the dates on Tuesday, could have been a miscommunication as to which Tuesday to do it.

No Japanese downloads listed on either eShop away from retail titles next week

Rumblings I heard also shifted to next week, so...

Really I just want finalised release dates for the stuff we already know about. Would like to see the next wave of Smash Bros. amiibo too, I'm hoping that the DHD and R.O.B. amiibo turn out well.

Surprises are obviously welcome though, if somewhat unlikely seeing as E3 is around the corner. The 2nd MK8 DLC pack will almost certainly feature, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing that in action as well. Still wondering if they'll include a Splatoon themed track. :hehe:

Really I just want finalised release dates for the stuff we already know about. Would like to see the next wave of Smash Bros. amiibo too, I'm hoping that the DHD and R.O.B. amiibo turn out well.

Surprises are obviously welcome though, if somewhat unlikely seeing as E3 is around the corner. The 2nd MK8 DLC pack will almost certainly feature, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing that in action as well. Still wondering if they'll include a Splatoon themed track. :hehe:

Splatoon MK8 track and Inkling Smash DLC would be a perfect way to advertise Splatoon

Mildly amusing despite factual errors. There is HD Mario, and a Zelda on the way, and Nintendo ARE doing a new console. Crap like that is why Nintendo revealed the bloody NX in the first place.

It may be in jest, but considering the reach, that can be damaging.

Nintendo IS doing a new console.

Sorry, I can't stand by while journalists fail to grasp the English language ;)

I just take exception to "honest" trailers containing dishonesty :p

Did you take exception when Reggie said the WiiU's online services/structure would be on par with Sony's & Microsoft's and then that turned out to be a lie?

Or when Iwata said they learned their lesson with the 3DS and that the WiiU would have no droughts?

Did you take exception when Reggie said the WiiU's online services/structure would be on par with Sony's & Microsoft's and then that turned out to be a lie?

Or when Iwata said they learned their lesson with the 3DS and that the WiiU would have no droughts?

Those were plans/intents that didn't come to be, that'd different to saying something that is known to not be true right now.

Those were plans/intents that didn't come to be, that'd different to saying something that is known to not be true right now.

This is such BS, haha. You're as bad as Reggie Serebii :p

It was at the E3 just before the WiiU launched, all plans would've been in place by then, he knew he was spouting lies and you know it too!

Just like Reggie never lied when he went on CNN and said that Wii U versions of 3rd-party games like Call of Duty II would look "dramatically better". How'd that turn out?

Edited by Wii
left out italics and inverted commas