N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

yeah.

If you are looking at the "Time remaining" thing and thinking it is taking ages to change

It actually displays Hours:Minutes not Minute:Seconds :heh:

EDIT

Oh and after it downloads the update it has to install it ..... yeah.... took me bout 40-45mins to download and 15mins to install.

Let us know if they've made it any faster since day one :heh:

prolly not

Edited by Mokong

When all the initial day one shippments are sold :heh:

So never. :p

Yeah this is going to take a while. I am on shitty Sky interwebz.

I am absolutely stunned that the Wii U doesn't have an ethernet port. I was like "Oh....its not on the back. Well jeez, the front is a stupid place to put it", so I flipped the panel down and came to the realisation that it didn't have one. Weird console.

Really looking forward to playing some games on it though. TV remote setup was cool I guess.

I thought the TV remote set up was brilliant.

The only other expereince I had was setting up a Sky remote to work on various TVs. With the ball ache of trying to find teh right code for right TV and various steps you have to go through to get it to work.

With gamepad "just tell us the TV brand" and that's it :D

How long has it got left is it telling you?

Just switch back over to GTA5, leave the gamepad on a table so you can keep an eye on it. Playing something will help pass the time haha

I am absolutely stunned that the Wii U doesn't have an ethernet port. I was like "Oh....its not on the back. Well jeez, the front is a stupid place to put it", so I flipped the panel down and came to the realisation that it didn't have one. Weird console.

Get a Wii LAN Adaptor, only about £5 on eBay.

Dudes! Recommend me a HDD for WiiU.

Any from Nintendo's support list: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Wii-U/Storage/Compatible-USB-storage-devices/Compatible-USB-storage-devices-676063.html

I have the Seagate STBV100020 from that list and not had any issues. It makes a clicking noise occasionally but no big deal.

Any powered HDD should work fine, otherwise you'll need a Y cable to power a portable HDD but I still had problems with my old HDD using a Y cable (using it as a backup device now though).

Just go for a decent brand.

How stupid is it you can't tell it where to save games to? So backward. Also, I don't trust moving all my main games to my hard drive in case it gets wiped, but I kind of have to... Guess I'l should do a back up every so often just in case. Sooner cloud saves come the better. Did nintendo say there were looking at it?

Sonic Racing is awesome.

Nintendoland is pretty shitty.

Its really sad that you look at the screen on Nintendoland and it starts off absolutely amazing, like "Holy crap! I am actually playing a Nintendo game in FULL HD and it looks absolutely beautiful" and then they sabotage that with;

- Making you look away from your beautiful HD TV.

- Throwing in stupid motion controls.

Sooner cloud saves come the better. Did nintendo say there were looking at it?

There was unofficial talk before the initial announcement but I don't think Nintendo ever confirmed they were considering it. It's my must have feature, actually.

- Making you look away from your beautiful HD TV.

This.

Nintendo games look amazing on my HD plasma but washed out on the gamepads LCD screen.

I couldn't believe it. I mean....I get it...it is a game to showcase the Wii U's features, but the best thing about it for me was how glorious it was experiencing a Nintendo product in full HD. It really was....magical. And they almost instantly take it away from you.

Do you have a Wii Remote Plus? If so, then you should play Metroid Blast with it, the controls in that are nearly as amazing as the music.

Wii Motion Plus is also pretty damn fun on the Zelda game, and then you get to look at all that wonderful stitching on the big screen, too :D

Hows the Wii U with different partitions on drives? I'd get a large drive, but then I'd wanna partition it off probably so that the wii u only uses a bit of it. Maybe also another partition for teh xbox to use a bit of it. Is that doable?

Unfortunately you can't partition the hard drive, the Wii U will simply format the entire thing and you can't change the partition size later. Your best bet is to get a cheap hard drive just for the Wii U.