Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

You can if you have a serial number :)

but anyway. No, you can't i. The same way as apple google Sony etc. but IWATA EXPLICITLY SAID THEYRE MOVING TOWARDS AN ACCOUNT SYSTEM NOT TIRD TO HARDWARE

So why keep attacking them for this? They haven't got it, they made mistakes, they've acknowledged it and said they're going to sort it. What's the point in keep banging on about it?

because it seems a rather long process waiting for when Nintendo are gonna sort out the accounts currently in place.

Yes Iwata said all the above but when will this be done? Are we looking at waiting till the next generation of hardware by nintendo or will they sort this with the current gen systems.

what is stopping nintendo embrace the current norm of the industry now?

Also there is a few of us who have had our entire digital content lost and never replaced by nintendo. There is a reason why we attack nintendo for their utter incompetence.

My excuses? It's the industry. That's how it is. Games get delayed. This is a fact. They don't plan for games to get delayed, but it happens.

They can try their best to avoid it, but sometimes these things are unavoidable. Also, it's not the CEOs fault. What would you do in his position, just say "release it anyway"? That's how companies lose their value.

Explain Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze please?

Edit: Clear enough?

Edited by Wii

Explain Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze please?

It's predecessor having more sales than the Metroid Prime games combined. They listened to the majority, not the vocal minority. :)

Dude, just drop it. The moment is over and just let things be. Don't make me whip out the Let It Go gif. :D

Oops. Sorry.

So psyched about Tuesday though :) Hope they deliver

I think Wii was talking about its delay rather than the decision to make it! But yeah. LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOO!

How many Wii U games do you lot all have then??? I only got my console six months ago and my collection has recently ballooned to what seems to be a pretty good selection.

I have:

NSMBU/NSLU

Wonderful 101

Wii Fit U

Wind Waker HD

Pikmin 3

Mario Kart 8

Nintendo Land

I guess its an advantage coming in late so droughts haven't really effected me at all, but I'm pretty pleased with what I've got from the console so far. Will pick up ZombiU and 3D World when I get a chance, too. Then hopefully E3 will show plenty to keep me busy in the future :)

I think Wii was talking about its delay rather than the decision to make it! But yeah. LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOO!

How many Wii U games do you lot all have then??? I only got my console six months ago and my collection has recently ballooned to what seems to be a pretty good selection.

I have:

NSMBU/NSLU

Wonderful 101

Wii Fit U

Wind Waker HD

Pikmin 3

Mario Kart 8

Nintendo Land

I guess its an advantage coming in late so droughts haven't really effected me at all, but I'm pretty pleased with what I've got from the console so far. Will pick up ZombiU and 3D World when I get a chance, too. Then hopefully E3 will show plenty to keep me busy in the future :)

That's exactly what I meant. It was so obvious. His whole quote was about delays but he conveniently ignored my point.

I'd hate to manage your expectations....:P

When I say plenty, I mean as long as they have some games that are different to what we already coming out, I'll be pleased!

I personally don't need a new game every week or two, as long as there are several that take my interest coming out this year that'll be enough. With Wii U, 3DS, and a PS3 backlog, there's only so much time to play!

I'll only be angry if they've been wasting their time on another New Super Mario Bros. sequel :p I'm hoping for some decent footage of new Zelda, more of what we already know, and hopefully a Fire Emblem/Advance Wars. Anything else will be a bonus really :)

I have:

NSMBU/NSLU

Wonderful 101

Wii Fit U

Wind Waker HD

Pikmin 3

Mario Kart 8

Nintendo Land

image_zps097ea46a.jpg

image_zpsc54a829d.jpg

image_zps19e894d1.jpg

I personally don't need a new game every week or two, as long as there are several that take my interest coming out this year that'll be enough.

That's good then because we would be lucky to get a game every month never mind every week or two :)

When I say plenty, I mean as long as they have some games that are different to what we already coming out, I'll be pleased!

I personally don't need a new game every week or two, as long as there are several that take my interest coming out this year that'll be enough. With Wii U, 3DS, and a PS3 backlog, there's only so much time to play!

I'll only be angry if they've been wasting their time on another New Super Mario Bros. sequel :p I'm hoping for some decent footage of new Zelda, more of what we already know, and hopefully a Fire Emblem/Advance Wars. Anything else will be a bonus really :)

Well, we do have ShinMegaTen x Fire Emblem coming...

Well, we do have ShinMegaTen x Fire Emblem coming...

Oh yes. Gonna be interesting to see what that turns out like. Have no experience of ShinMegaTen at all, does anyone who is a fan of that series think it'll blend well with Fire Emblem in terms of gameplay/theme?

How many Wii U games do you lot all have then???

- Sonic Lost World

- LEGO City Undercover

- Pikmin 3

- Batman: Arkham Origins

- Zelda: Wind Waker HD

- Wonderful 101

- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

- Wii Fit U

- Scram Kitty

- Mario Kart 8

Edited by Cube

I have:

NSMBU/NSLU

Wonderful 101

Wii Fit U

Wind Waker HD

Pikmin 3

Mario Kart 8

Nintendo Land

I have a decent amount

Retail:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Batman: Arkham City

Batman: Arkham Origins

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Game & Wario

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Lego City Undercover

Lego Marvel Superheroes

Mario Kart 8

Need for Speed Most Wanted U

New Super Mario Bros. U (with New Super Luigi U DLC)

Nintendo Land

Pikmin 3

Rayman Legends

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Sonic Lost World

Super Mario 3D World

Wii Fit U

The Wonderful 101

Download:

Dr. Luigi

DuckTales Remastered

Nano Assault Neo

NES Remix

NES Remix 2

Pokémon Rumble U

Virtual Console:

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels

Super Mario Bros. 3

Dr. Mario

Super Mario World

Mario's Super Picross

Super Metroid

F-Zero

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Super Mario Kart

F-Zero Maximum Velocity

Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3

WarioWare Inc.

Metroid Fusion

Wario Land 4

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Nowhere near @Hero\-of\-Time's collection though

Oh yes. Gonna be interesting to see what that turns out like. Have no experience of ShinMegaTen at all, does anyone who is a fan of that series think it'll blend well with Fire Emblem in terms of gameplay/theme?

Everyone here is waiting for ShinMegaTen 4...out in the US last year and we still don't have it.

It's just like old times :p

From what I've seen... Almost nothing! MegaTen has either a modern-day, sci-fi or post-apocalyptic setting, and gameplay-wise, only a couple of games are sRPGs.

I think the only thing connecting the series is the existence of monsters, really. That, and the fact that you can persuade enemy monsters to join you.

Impressive collections @Hero\-of\-Time & @Serebii : peace:

From what I've seen... Almost nothing! MegaTen has either a modern-day, sci-fi or post-apocalyptic setting, and gameplay-wise, only a couple of games are sRPGs.

I think the only thing connecting the series is the existence of monsters, really. That, and the fact that you can persuade enemy monsters to join you.

Very interesting. Sounds like it has the potential to not work at all, or be something amazing :D The hype rises.....

10349195_10152070097361432_6693168671782941127_n.jpg

BmFpwhjCcAE1m3_.jpg:large

The European spines are so much better than the ugly ones the US ended up with!

How do you get to the 14.6k? We know from various Watch_Dogs figures that Mario Kart sold at least 51k in the UK. From what I can find, MK7 was the previous second biggest launch and was 54k, so it should be higher than that.

This is exactly what I was thinking! However they said 82% of the UK sales were bundles, no? And Pestneb said that the MK8 bundles sold was 12k, so I went back from there(/82%). I ended up at totally different numbers in the general sales thread off the back of yours though, so really I'm totally confused and just kinda curious as to actually how well MK8 might have boosted Wii U console sales, in more solid numbers than %s.

Because this is Nintendo in Germany only restructuring. It's not a big whole deal. It's not them selling off assets to stay afloat. It's them removing redundancies in their operation.

Maybe I'm mistaken - but isn't that basically the European Nintendo headquarters? If it was in America would it be 'Nintendo in America only restructuring'? Or indeed as you even mentioned, if it was Japan?

Redundancies to my mind are very real and often serious indicators of a company's situation. Sure, restructuring happens from time to time in places - but redundancies always feel a bit...final? serious? I dunno, feels financially indicative to me.

Also, yes the Wii U games sometimes disconnect online. That also happens on other platforms. If you're telling me that you have never had a connection error while playing CoD or Halo or GTA then you're a damned liar

Does MK8 pause and rehost the match to continue it when it 'disconnects'? I haven't really played GTA or CoD online, but I know at least both Halo Reach and Halo 4 do the majority of the time - that's different to a solid disconnection/dropout; especially when you've a match under your belt. Or, alternatively, a final race of many in a Mario Kart league night or so - my biggest issue with MK7 was that for one.

Nintendo are barely up to the standard of the original launch of Xbox Live in 2002.

They were clearly talking rubbish when they were promising the world but I'm amazed how many people actually bought into it.

But that's half the problem - if a console could do it 10 years before, then surely Nintendo could at least match that, if not at least exceed it? It just shouldn't be so hard to do. I don't believe it is, either, so I'm still perplexed as to why it's the state it is.

So when Smash is gimped, you'll know why. The only hope is that Sakurai won't allow that to happen.

I'll be buying Smash regardless of anything, but this is going to break my heart if it's online just isn't up to it in this day and age. One thing I'm really looking forward to is playing online with everyone here, ideally with voice interaction too.

As far as E3 goes, I think Smash is actually the only thing I currently care about! Do we actually know if any other big titles are being announced/revealed/talked about?

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost