NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I'd like to see an HD remake of Metroid Prime. I have the GC version but never really get the chance to play it and I dont think I was in the right mind set when I had it when it first came out.

Doesn't matter if it's F-Zero GX, Metroid or Super Mario Galaxy.

One of those remastered for WiiU? I'll buy it.

Everyone is looking at this rumour the wrong way. Think about WHO is putting out this rumour... It's the guy who previously claimed that Nintendo picked up Devil's Third and (more recently) claimed that Nintendo snagged another 3 more exclusive unannounced 3rd party titles for Wii U.

Assuming that this guy is right again, it's clear that whatever info he gets is about 3rd party games in general. So that means that this remastered game is very likely to be a 3rd party game...

Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 perhaps? :)

Everyone is looking at this rumour the wrong way. Think about WHO is putting out this rumour... It's the guy who previously claimed that Nintendo picked up Devil's Third and (more recently) claimed that Nintendo snagged another 3 more exclusive unannounced 3rd party titles for Wii U.

Assuming that this guy is right again, it's clear that whatever info he gets is about 3rd party games in general. So that means that this remastered game is very likely to be a 3rd party game...

Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 perhaps? :)

According to LA he predicted/hinted at Pokemon ORAS as well. Dunno how true that is though.

According to LA he predicted/hinted at Pokemon ORAS as well. Dunno how true that is though.

Well technically Game Freak IS a 3rd party developer...

But either way, pretty much everyone with half a brain cell saw Gen 3 remakes coming around the corner. It wasn't exactly a hard guess :indeed:

Well technically Game Freak IS a 3rd party developer...

But either way, pretty much everyone with half a brain cell saw Gen 3 remakes coming around the corner. It wasn't exactly a hard guess :indeed:

I prefer to give credit where it's due.

No Wii game. No game we have or going to get a sequel for. So for me f zero or wave race (Gc versions) would be my dream, with online!

MINECRAFT CREATOR TAKES A DIG AT THE WII U

Markus Persson, the creator behind the immensely popular Mine Craft, has taken a few digs at Nintendo’s latest home console, the Wii U, on Twitter. You can read what Notch had to say about the console, below.

[TWEET]500013456259809280[/TWEET]

[TWEET]500015083872083968[/TWEET]

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/14/minecraft-creator-takes-a-dig-at-the-wii-u/

Any other developer feel like taking a dump on Wii U? Wasn't likely coming before now, that probably cements it.

Ooooh a HD Paper Mario: TTYD would be cool. Or I could see it being Star Fox Adventures maybe, releasing in to coincide with the new one. I'd rather see an all new FZero to be honest, similar with Metroid Prime.

And actually I wouldn't at all be surprised if it was Sunshine, just them looking to pump out another Mario title in quick time...

Ideally I'd like a new F-Zero but I'd take a GX remake if it's going. I think it was perfect back then, maybe add a few more tracks and online and we're good to go.

It can't be Metroid; those games didn't sell well enough both times they were released for Nintendo to wager on a third. I doubt it's Sunshine, being that it's the least loved 3D Mario game and barely anyone would care enough to buy it. I'd say out of the three games suggested, it's most likely to be F-Zero GX. But then again, there isn't a thing you can do to that game to make it an iota better. I hope it's F-Zero though, I'd love an excuse to 1. Play that masterpiece again and 2. Buy a Wii U.

As for Metroid, if Nintendo aren't working on a new 3D entry then they absolutely do not understand their most die-hard fanbase.

Dreamfall Chapters dev “would love to make a Wii U game”

Dreamfall Chapters won’t be coming to Wii U now that it’s a PlayStation 4 exclusive. However, that doesn’t mean Red Thread Games isn’t interested in the console – far from it actually.

Red Thread states on Twitter that the studio “would love” to create a game for Wii U.

The full message reads:

[TWEET]500025618067890176[/TWEET]

http://nintendoeverything.com/dreamfall-chapters-dev-would-love-to-make-a-wii-u-game/

Someone on Gaf made a good point about Mario Sunshine. While I would love it to be upgraded to HD ( also sort that camera out! ) how would they make Fludd work without the analogue triggers? ::shrug:

Someone on Gaf made a good point about Mario Sunshine. While I would love it to be upgraded to HD ( also sort that camera out! ) how would they make Fludd work without the analogue triggers? ::shrug:

BBB6f0j.png

Now. Where's my HD VC release!?

BBB6f0j.png

Now. Where's my HD VC release!?

Problem is that with that you are expecting consumers to buy another controller just to use with that game. Granted it is a solution, but I wouldn't say it's ideal. It does work for me though. :D

They could easily switch it to the right analog stick, and just have camera control on the shoulder buttons or D-Pad instead.

In fact that would probably work quite well as you'd be able to control both pressure and direction with a single input. :awesome:

They could easily switch it to the right analog stick, and just have camera control on the shoulder buttons or D-Pad instead.

In fact that would probably work quite well as you'd be able to control both pressure and direction with a single input. :awesome:

While I like the idea of having the water pressure on the stick, I already have issues with the camera, without it being relegated to the d-pad or shoulder buttons. Having the camera on the shoulder buttons would be like playing a N64 game again. :D

While I like the idea of having the water pressure on the stick, I already have issues with the camera, without it being relegated to the d-pad or shoulder buttons. Having the camera on the shoulder buttons would be like playing a N64 game again. :D
I haven't played it for around 10 years and my memory isn't great at the best of times, but I seem to remember the automatic camera being pretty good in that game. :hmm:

Think the only time I used the C-Stick was for checking out dem graphics. :hehe:

The L button would always snap the camera behind Mario and that could obviously still be the case with Fludd mapped to the right stick.

Plus I'm sure with all of the experience they now have in working with 3D cameras means they could improve it even more.

It can't be Metroid; those games didn't sell well enough both times they were released for Nintendo to wager on a third. I doubt it's Sunshine, being that it's the least loved 3D Mario game and barely anyone would care enough to buy it. I'd say out of the three games suggested, it's most likely to be F-Zero GX. But then again, there isn't a thing you can do to that game to make it an iota better. I hope it's F-Zero though, I'd love an excuse to 1. Play that masterpiece again and 2. Buy a Wii U.

As for Metroid, if Nintendo aren't working on a new 3D entry then they absolutely do not understand their most die-hard fanbase.

Agreed with all of this.

I'd be torn over a HD GX though. Half of me would be overjoyed with F Zero in HD. The other would be heartbroken that I've got game disc already inserted into my Wii in the bedroom, permanently hooked up to the telly. I'd love a new F Zero but I don't really trust Nintendo with making it. The fanboy dream would be for them to give it to SEGA again and see if they work their magic again.

Agreed with all of this.

I'd be torn over a HD GX though. Half of me would be overjoyed with F Zero in HD. The other would be heartbroken that I've got game disc already inserted into my Wii in the bedroom, permanently hooked up to the telly. I'd love a new F Zero but I don't really trust Nintendo with making it. The fanboy dream would be for them to give it to SEGA again and see if they work their magic again.

I kind of agree with this. That said, an online F-Zero GX in HD would make Nintendo a LOT of money given the low development costs. If Wind Waker HD only took 6 months to make I'm sure a F-Zero title could be pumped out at minimal cost and make a good return, and online+HD? Man, it would look epic.

Given that Namco are assisting on Smash, I would not be surprised if they help out with F-Zero in the future. It makes too much sense (probably why Nintendo won't do it lol).

Also, this rumour about their being a remaster. The actual tweet that the guy send out ended with 'Nintendo will have a game per month next year'. Thank god.

I kind of agree with this. That said, an online F-Zero GX in HD would make Nintendo a LOT of money given the low development costs. If Wind Waker HD only took 6 months to make I'm sure a F-Zero title could be pumped out at minimal cost and make a good return, and online+HD? Man, it would look epic.

Given that Namco are assisting on Smash, I would not be surprised if they help out with F-Zero in the future. It makes too much sense (probably why Nintendo won't do it lol).

Also, this rumour about their being a remaster. The actual tweet that the guy send out ended with 'Nintendo will have a game per month next year'. Thank god.

I'm a sucker and a huge F Zero fanboy, so I'd go for it. Whilst simultaneously gritting my teeth and cursing Nintendo for making me pay full price for the same game twice. :heh:

I think the reason Nintendo hasn't touched F-Zero for so long is so as not to cannibalise sales of Mario Kart, probably their most important franchise. I doubt we'll see another console Zelda and certainly not a GX re-release, IMO. I would probably guess Galaxy HD Collection. Would sell more than Sunshine.

I think the reason Nintendo hasn't touched F-Zero for so long is so as not to cannibalise sales of Mario Kart, probably their most important franchise. I doubt we'll see another console Zelda and certainly not a GX re-release, IMO. I would probably guess Galaxy HD Collection. Would sell more than Sunshine.

I don't see how F Zero would cannibalise sales of Mario Kart, they're two completely different games. Mario Kart is more (hate to say it) of a casual experience whereas F Zero is something only a certain crowd play. In fact, I'd say they compliment each other.

The more likely reason why F Zero didn't appear on Wii is because they couldn't guarantee that the Wiimote would control precisely enough for such a high speed game. That, and the fact that they probably couldn't guarantee it would be that much of an improvement over GX.