NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Someone on Gaf made a good point about Mario Sunshine. While I would love it to be upgraded to HD ( also sort that camera out! ) how would they make Fludd work without the analogue triggers? ::shrug:

Hahaha...this is one of those "laugh or else you'll cry" moments. The lack of analogue shoulder buttons is just hilariously stupid.

I guess they could map the "stand and spray" to ZR and the "run and spray" to R, or something like that. The only thing the GamePad has over the GC is the extra shoulder button, isn't it?

Hahaha...this is one of those "laugh or else you'll cry" moments. The lack of analogue shoulder buttons is just hilariously stupid.

I guess they could map the "stand and spray" to ZR and the "run and spray" to R, or something like that. The only thing the GamePad has over the GC is the extra shoulder button, isn't it?

The analogue shoulder buttons on the GC are the best buttons on any controller I've used. The shape of them means your fingers rest inside them..I mean god damn, that design. Analogue shielding in Smash was absolutely amazing and the triggers worked so well in Luigi's Mansion and Mario Sunshine. I understand dropping them for the Wii to make things 'simple' but the gamepad is crying for them.

I don't see how F Zero would cannibalise sales of Mario Kart, they're two completely different games. Mario Kart is more (hate to say it) of a casual experience whereas F Zero is something only a certain crowd play. In fact, I'd say they compliment each other.

The more likely reason why F Zero didn't appear on Wii is because they couldn't guarantee that the Wiimote would control precisely enough for such a high speed game. That, and the fact that they probably couldn't guarantee it would be that much of an improvement over GX.

If anything, Mario Kart cannibalises F-Zero sales as if released together, people may only be able to afford one title. Nintendo attributed F-Zero GX sales to that. That said on the Gamecube they also had Waverace and 1080...bring them back!

2 other candidates, Super Metroid and Eternal Darkness. Eternal Darkness being the more likely.

2 other candidates, Super Metroid and Eternal Darkness. Eternal Darkness being the more likely.

I'd actually prefer a Super Metroid/ALTTP remake more than remake of their 3D counterparts. Amazing games.

It's clearly going to be Hey You, Pikachu! seeing as there's a microphone in the GamePad.

Come on, guys.

It's clearly going to be Hey You, Pikachu! seeing as there's a microphone in the GamePad.

Come on, guys.

I'll take it. I always wanted to play that. :D

I just hope that it recognises regional accents.

"'ey up, Pikachu lad, jump will ye?"

"ar oot de nooo pikachu, occh."

Actually, I imagine that would be one bitch to get working with all of the different European Countries. :heh:

Actually, I imagine that would be one bitch to get working with all of the different European Countries. :heh:

Why do you think we never got it? :p

Best impression of @Blade ever!

Hopefully it has nothing to do with that yellow stained rat. They did after all say "you're gonna love it". There's nothing loveable or likeable about that rodent.

mouse.jpg

Edited by Wii

A Pokemon Snap sequel could works quite well with the Gamepad, surely? Using the screen as the camera and a 3rd party view on the TV, possibly even with the horrible Nintendoland style camera controlled by the accelerometer. Wouldn't be the killer app to sell the console to the masses, but it'd be something. Maybe a more realistic safari adventure type game could be something big.

A Pokemon Snap sequel could works quite well with the Gamepad, surely? Using the screen as the camera and a 3rd party view on the TV, possibly even with the horrible Nintendoland style camera controlled by the accelerometer. Wouldn't be the killer app to sell the console to the masses, but it'd be something. Maybe a more realistic safari adventure type game could be something big.

The only Snap I want is from Pikachu's neck in the photo above.

Hopefully it has nothing to do with that yellow stained rat. They did after all say "you're gonna love it". There's nothing loveable or likeable about that rodent.

mouse.jpg

Yeah, nobody loves the second best selling video game franchise of all time :p

The only Snap I want is from Pikachu's neck in the photo above.

Where did Pikachu touch you? Show me on the doll.

I'd actually prefer a Super Metroid/ALTTP remake more than remake of their 3D counterparts. Amazing games.

Those 2 games don't really need remastering, they are fine the way they are.

That list is a load of w##k. Mario 64 listed at no.16 and Super Mario World the only token 2D game at in the top 20 at no.20. FAIL! I haven't played The Last Of Us but I heard it's more an interactive movie than a video game, more akin to MGS with all its cut scenes. Surprise, surprise Empire a movie orientated magazine chose it as no.1.

That list is a load of w##k. Mario 64 listed at no.16 and Super Mario World the only token 2D game at in the top 20 at no.20. FAIL! I haven't played The Last Of Us but I heard it's more an interactive movie than a video game, more akin to MGS with all its cut scenes. Surprise, surprise Empire a movie orientated magazine chose it as no.1.

Yes. A cinema magazine chose a cinematic game. Why the sarcasm...?

It's a list from a ransom source. These things are a dime a dozen.

It was voted for by their readers. Naturally more recent games will be fresher in the memory so gain more votes, and more cinematic games will of course be appreciated more by that audience. Nothing to get annoyed about.

That, and The Last of Us is a brilliant game. Not my no. 1 but up there with the best.

Yes. A cinema magazine chose a cinematic game. Why the sarcasm...?

It's a list from a ransom source. These things are a dime a dozen.

0_0_104330_00_320w.jpg

There are a few "u wot m8" moments on that list. Majora's Mask, Galaxy and Metroid Prime all need to be higher.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

0_0_104330_00_320w.jpg

There are a few "u wot m8" moments on that list. Majora's Mask, Galaxy and Metroid Prime all need to be higher.

There's more than just a few. SMG2 is no.97 and Super Metroid is no.94. That's wrong. They should be at the exact opposite end of the scale.

Super Mario World is at no.20. Right beside COD4. In what alternate universe does that make sense? Sure the game's fun but it's not the 21st greatest game of all time or anything like it.