N-Europe

Football Season 2013/2014

Ramar

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to that £30m player that Spurs signed in the Summer? Has he even played yet?

Lamela - had a couple of great games in the Europa but pretty quiet when he's played in the league. AVB sys he's having trouble settling because he doesn't speak English. Main issue is that he plays where Lennon / Townsend play, who are probably our two best attacking players at the moment.

Less bothered about him in any case, since he's only 21 and I'm sure he'll settle - if not his sell on won't dramatically drop as is the case with Soldado...

Where's this myth about Townsend being good come from? All he does is run fast and shoot from distance. No wonder Solpeno never scores absolutely no service.

Townsend hasn't started the past two games; but I actually agree. It's so weird, he's been average but looks kind of dangerous for spurs, but it's the England games that's done it, where he HAS looked very good; but international is much easier than the premier league and I'm glad AVB has dropped him the past two games, Lennon has proven to be far superior.

Also Paulinho looked very good (for the first time in my opinion) in the number ten role, Sandro Dembele and Paulinho as those three looks very good while eriksen is injured. Chadli looked okay on his return but still think Lamela should be thrust, he can only get better by playing and it's not like someone else has grabbed that spot for themselves.

The big problem for me is defence, without a left back it sacrifices everything and Dawson imply isn't good enough. Rose being back will help immensely so Vertongen can partner Chiriches in Defence.

Townsend hasn't started the past two games; but I actually agree. It's so weird, he's been average but looks kind of dangerous for spurs, but it's the England games that's done it, where he HAS looked very good; but international is much easier than the premier league and I'm glad AVB has dropped him the past two games, Lennon has proven to be far superior.

Exactly what I thought, that one game for England and ITV have hyped him into the next big thing.

Just been watching the Press Conference for the Pot Allocations.

A little bit different than what was expected from what was posted here a few pages back.

This is how the pots are being allocated for the Group Draw

potallocations_zps12f635a9.jpg

You'll notice it is a little uneven with 7 teams in pot 2 and the 9 European teams in pot4

What they said will happen is they will at the start draw one team from Pot 4 and place that Euro team into Pot 2 (without revealing which team it is).

They will then draw the seeds from pot 1 into their groups. When that is done they will have a "Pot X" which will contain the names of the 4 South American teams from Pot 1, they will then remove the European Team in Pot 2 and I assume open the ball and reveal the name at that point. They will then draw a ball from Pot X to decide which of the groups witha South America seed this Euro team will go into.

Tomorrow if I get a chance I am going to try make and upload a "mock group draw" video on my youtube :D

EDIT:

There was just a question asking Blatter why are they doing this secondary "draw" for the 9th European team instead of going by rankings (which would make France the lowest ranked team), Blatter said "this is a draw so we will do a draw". I say it reeks a lot of trying to give France a chance to not get drawn with a strong team like Brazil....would love it if that still happened though :D

There was just a question asking Blatter why are they doing this secondary "draw" for the 9th European team instead of going by rankings (which would make France the lowest ranked team), Blatter said "this is a draw so we will do a draw". I say it reeks a lot of trying to give France a chance to not get drawn with a strong team like Brazil....would love it if that still happened though :D

That is exactly what I think it looks like too. France always seem to "get lucky" with draws and seedings.

Ha! Crystal Pulis!

I think it's just so they don't end up having more than 2 European teams in a group?

Oh yeah we know that, it's that we question its the procedure to make an additional draw to see which of the 9 European teams gets placed in Pot2 when previously it would have been automatically been the lowest ranked Euro Team.

EDIT

Just double checked and yeah it last happened at Germany 2006 when there was 9 unseeded European teams. Then it was Serbia&Montenegro who were placed in an extra pot so they could be drawn into a group with a seeded non-euro team. Serbia&Montenegro were at the time automatically choosen because they were the lowest ranked Euro team in the FIFA rankings of those that qualified.

This time round we again have 9 unseeded Euro teams and it is France who are the lowest ranked but suddenly the procedure changes. FIFA and UEFA seem to always try give France better chances. Look at bidding for Euro2016 won by France over Turkey whixh Platini pretty much confirmed was because he was French. "France won and I'm French lets not forget that.

Also in qualification for South Africa 2010 before the European Playyoffs it was said the draw would be unseeded but once France failed to win their group plans changed back to having the playoff draw seeded which many are sure was to avoid France being drawn with one of the stronger teams in the playoffs.

Now here's another change where France seems to benifit... Just seems too coincidental

Oh yeah we know that, it's that we question its the procedure to make an additional draw to see which of the 9 European teams gets placed in Pot2 when previously it would have been automatically been the lowest ranked Euro Team.

Apparently it in 2010 it was the lowest placed team but in 2006 it was a different method (unstated in the place I read it).

Apparently it in 2010 it was the lowest placed team but in 2006 it was a different method (unstated in the place I read it).

Granted I am using Wikipedia (I know I know) but the I find the info for things like this is pretty solid (and it the easiest way to look it up, so if you find a more "official" site that contradicts post it up :)) tried looking on FIFA.com but can't see to find much of anything about draw seeding for previous World Cups

In 2010 there was only 8 unseeded European teams so this senario didn't happen in South Africa. They did for South Africa though use the October 2009 FIFA Rankings to decide which 7 teams joined the host as seeds in pot one if that is what you are thinking of.

In 2006 there were 9 unseeded European teams. Now for that one they used a special formula to decide which 7 teams would be seeded with the hosts, this was a combination of the FIFA Rankings and each teams performance at the 2 previous world cups. Similar system was used in 2002 and 1998 (but used performaces for 3 previous world cups), it changed to just the FIFA Rankings in 2010 (I think something to do with it being unfair on any team who had not played in one of the previous world cups)

Anyway when it came to deciding which of the 9 European teams would go into the "Special Pot" in 2006, they then disregarded their seeding system ranking and went by just the FIFA Ranking which placed Serbia&Montenegro into the Special Pot. Had they gone by their special seeding system it would have been Ukraine.

In 1998 there were only 8 unseeded Euro teams so we didn't have this situation then. In 2002 there were 11 unseeded Euro teams, for that one what they did was place all European teams in Pot 2, they drew the teams in Pot 1 then drew 8 teams from Pot 2, the remaining 3 teams were then drawn into one of the groups that didn't already have 2 European teams.

I think that 2002 system is the the better, have all European teams in pot 2 and then you don't need to worry bout extra pots and rankings.

Didn't look further back that 1998 as 1998 was the first 32 team World Cup and I assume the first time they decided to limit groups to 2 European teams as I remember in USA 94 there was at least one group with 3 European teams which was the group Rep. of Ireland were in, which is why I remember :wink:, which consisted of Mexico, Ireland, Itay and Norway.

Edited by Mokong

Now here's another change where France seems to benifit... Just seems too coincidental

Every single time there's a rule change, France seems to be the one with the most to gain from it. I figured something like this would happen (at least now there's no chance of Portugal getting France)

Michel Platini is so blatant in his bias towards France, even if there are no shenanigans, his team always looks favoured, and he's got nobody but himself to blame for it. Such an unprofessional man.

Every single time there's a rule change, France seems to be the one with the most to gain from it. I figured something like this would happen (at least now there's no chance of Portugal getting France)

Michel Platini is so blatant in his bias towards France, even if there are no shenanigans, his team always looks favoured, and he's got nobody but himself to blame for it. Such an unprofessional man.

Well that's assuming neither Portugal nor France get picked out of pot4 to be moved to pot2 at the start, so there's still a chance :wink:

I have just filmed my Mock Group Stage Draw (created some interesting groups :D) Vid looks like it'll take it's sweet ass time to render so be awhile before I can upload and then post it. Hopefully will have it later this evening

Well that's assuming neither Portugal nor France get picked out of pot4 to be moved to pot2 at the start, so there's still a chance :wink:

Oh yeah, misjudged that. The likelihood is just smaller, then :heh:

(Also, I so want France to end up in a group of death, now. As long as it doesn't involve us as well)