NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Pulled off my first blue shell avoidance with a mushroom today, ever. Such a great feeling. I've saved the replay and when I have some way to record it, I will, save that achievement for ever.

Anyone know how to make this game harder? I play GP's on frantic item mode, hard CPU 150cc, yet still manage to walk it. Even playing a 16 track GP I manage to win fairly easily.

Pulled off my first blue shell avoidance with a mushroom today, ever. Such a great feeling. I've saved the replay and when I have some way to record it, I will, save that achievement for ever.

Anyone know how to make this game harder? I play GP's on frantic item mode, hard CPU 150cc, yet still manage to walk it. Even playing a 16 track GP I manage to win fairly easily.

Motion Control with one hand, and blindfolded

Edited by Serebii

Motion Control with one hand, and blindfolded

AND with the 3DS upside-down, while standing on one leg, humming the original Super Mario Kart theme backwards in the voice of Luigi. :heh:

Another interesting thing I saw today. Figured it would interest most of you.

I've played a few races recently with mainly Luigis. Guess everyone wants a "death stare" video :D

Just thinking about the DLC and the weirdness of the 6 month gap. Maybe amiibo will provide content over the next few months (presuming the waves of figures are relatively frequent) for the game.

What do people think it could be? I think maybe kart pieces. So Villager provides an animal crossing kart set etc etc I think that'd be pretty good... though will the game force you to use the figures every time you want to use it every time like skylanders/disney or just the once to unlock?!?!

Just thinking about the DLC and the weirdness of the 6 month gap. Maybe amiibo will provide content over the next few months (presuming the waves of figures are relatively frequent) for the game.

What do people think it could be? I think maybe kart pieces. So Villager provides an animal crossing kart set etc etc I think that'd be pretty good... though will the game force you to use the figures every time you want to use it every time like skylanders/disney or just the once to unlock?!?!

I don't reckon anything to do with amiibo will be a one time scan, they'll want everyone to buy their own, rather than just share them around to unlock the content.

I don't reckon anything to do with amiibo will be a one time scan, they'll want everyone to buy their own, rather than just share them around to unlock the content.

Yeah, I don't think it will harm sales personally, but I can see this too (unless the data on the amiibo can be recorded in some way so can't be used more than once...)

I think this really limits what is possible. Smash's use seems painfully dull and pointless to me, things like this and I can't see it taking off as a game peripheral.

More details about the Mario Kart 8 update

There’s a bit more to Mario Kart 8’s recent update than originally thought. Aside from what has been previously mentioned, the patch also does the following:

– Time Trials Miiverse post now can include a picture of the results.

– You can now display and hide the map in Highlights by pressing the -/Select button, and it also shows the name of the driver that the camera focuses on

– With Highlights of online races, it shows the player’s Mii, nickname and country.

– You can display and hide the map and player’s information when uploading a Highlight video to YouTube as well.

– Highlight videos uploaded to YouTube now have tags for the used parts (Vehicle, Wheels and Glider), and the time for Time Trials Highlights

– the skins of Yoshi and Shy Guy also have their own tags.

Additionally, here’s a look at adjustments made to the Mario Kart TV website:

– There’s now a “User Page”, which has a link to the User’s profile on Miiverse, Facebook/Twitter Share Buttons

– This page shows the user’s Race Rating, Battle Rating, Favorite Tournaments and uploaded Highlights to YouTube.

– You can now check Tournaments details like Schedule, Rules, Entry Code, Description, Rankings and uploaded Highlights to YouTube related to the Tournament.

– view a list of all your Friends and see Friends Currently Online

– This shows if a Friend is connected and it specifies if they are playing Mario Kart 8.

http://nintendoeverything.com/more-details-about-the-mario-kart-8-update/

[TWEET]508253628256493568[/TWEET]

I've finally tried the battle mode for this game. I've heard things about it not being good but I wanted to see it for myself. Oh my god, what have you done, Nintendo? It's pure laziness more than anything. We tried the battle mode with three players earlier and I don't think we actually encountered each other once, the levels are far too large to actually "battle" with your opponents. I lost one balloon when I slipped over a banana peel, then I took two balloons off two separate CPUs and then that was that. :blank:

Still shocked at how it turned out. Considering that this is the most important WiiU game to date, I'm amazed at how Nintendo have acted with this mode. We checked the highlights reel straight afterwards and, well, fuck all happened basically.

It's probably been covered before, but I had to get that out there after finally seeing it for myself.

It's probably been covered before, but I had to get that out there after finally seeing it for myself.

It's the sole reason I haven't bought Mario Kart 8.

I don't/never have care/d much for the races. Not my thing. But I enjoyed the battle mode so much.

It's gone now. And there is no excuse.

A free update might make me buy the game. Not at full price, though.

An eShop game would be awesome. Mario Kart Battle Arena. : peace:

So I actually found a way to make it not so one sided on my part when playing. I set up the vs race so that it is Frantic mode but I do not use any item I pick up, only coins. You can mix it up by selecting a completely random kart setup too. I have found that I can still win, but the races are a lot more tight.

The great Blue shell dodge with a mushroom trick.

I've finally tried the battle mode for this game. I've heard things about it not being good but I wanted to see it for myself. Oh my god, what have you done, Nintendo? It's pure laziness more than anything. We tried the battle mode with three players earlier and I don't think we actually encountered each other once, the levels are far too large to actually "battle" with your opponents. I lost one balloon when I slipped over a banana peel, then I took two balloons off two separate CPUs and then that was that. :blank:

Still shocked at how it turned out. Considering that this is the most important WiiU game to date, I'm amazed at how Nintendo have acted with this mode. We checked the highlights reel straight afterwards and, well, fuck all happened basically.

Honestly, I haven't tried battle mode myself yet, but this really shocks me....my guess for this is that since the majority of people go racing instead of battling, they have made more effort into the racing...which is kind of sad.

A mate and I tried battle mode a while back. We lasted about 20 seconds before switching it off in disgust. Not touched it since.

I agree with Flink, Battle Mode is appalling. It's easily the worst effort they've ever done. I'm heading towards 5,000 exp points in racing, Battle Mode I don't think I've even reached 1,100 points and I haven't played it since launch, nor will I ever again in its current state. On the SNES I loved Battle Mode, played it as much as racing. You can imagine what happened in development, they needed this game out asap, concentrated on the GP side and BM was a distant, distant, distant speck second thought consideration. It should be fixed. How hard is it to make square tracks? It must be developer abc and don't even think of charging us to rectify this mistake. It's the one legitimate complaint I have of this game. The game tracks our every stat, so they must know nobody even touches BM. Nintendo aren't stupid, they know what makes a good game and by the same token they know this is complete b0110cks.

I like battle mode....

I can see how it could have its merits, but in it's current form it falls short.

If you go in opposite directions, racing, you'll meet once every lap. If you happen to be going in the same direction, but out of sight of each other (due to one player slowing down for whatever reason, another getting a turbo etc.) you end up aimlessly driving round the track.

I think the battle mode would be better if it was an elimination style race, with three lives. If you lose all three lives or are at the back of the track at the end of a lap, you are eliminated.

OR they should add additional routes throughout the tracks, so you can cut across to where other players are, rather than taking out the player you've been pursuing, only to realise all the other players are on the other side of the track, a good 30 seconds away, IF you guess to go the right way.

I've had instances where I was going clockwise, about 1/4 of the track away from the pack and they change direction and start going clockwise too. Do I stop, turn round and go anti clockwise, hoping to make up the 3/4 of the track before they turn again? or do I keep racing hoping to catch up with them in 3 or 4 laps, or for them to turn round again?)

Not sure what has happened but last night I got disconnected while playing online and since then i can't seem to play an online race without getting an Error Code (103-9999) which then shuts the Wii U off.

Every other online feature on my console seems to be working fine (browser, eshop, Netflix and Amazon Instant Video) so I'm a little confused as to what the problem could be. Is this happening to anyone else here?

Got mirror mode unlocked last night, I know took my time with it didn't I.

I particularly enjoyed this... Final lap, Final straight. Mario in first with a green shell, I'm very close in second with a red shell, I know if I fire my red shell he'll block it with his green, and my chance at winning is done... I waited till he fired behind to get me, I avoid it... as I'm landing down after clearing the steps I fire my red shell... Mario is helpless... it is done... I will be taking first place...

zlCfzSeSIA4Aw1foU_

Looks as good as the Mario Kart DS box art :D Funny thing is, I don't think I ever used the B-Dasher in that game. I hope the F-Zero kart has decent stats in this game, I hated how only the lightweights could use it in MK Wii.

Looks as good as the Mario Kart DS box art :D Funny thing is, I don't think I ever used the B-Dasher in that game. I hope the F-Zero kart has decent stats in this game, I hated how only the lightweights could use it in MK Wii.

Blue Falcon is my vehicle of choice on Mario Kart Wii. I always kick ass with it

"B Dasher" is a top speed oriented vehicle for circuit.

Nope! Do not want! A car like that is bound to have poor acceleration, and I just can't cope with taking an eternity to get up to speed whenever I get hit.

Cool that it's in though!