NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

No rip-off Europe. $12 is not €12. I've said it countless times, we Europeans get shafted. I include British in that statement.

$12 is €9.10. Not the €11 we've been charged. I know it's not much but add all those small amounts up over a lifetime and it works out at quite a bit.

Well, don't forget that US gets taxed after and we get taxed before, and that does have an impact.

Plus, economies are different. Nobody in any industry does direct conversions for prices.

Well, don't forget that US gets taxed after and we get taxed before, and that does have an impact.

Plus, economies are different. Nobody in any industry does direct conversions for prices.

Nope, but I've ripped into Sony for their pricing strategies do I'll do it for Nintendo as well. That last £1 is definitely a case of taking the piss. Even when you include VAT, there's no way the exchange the exchange can justifiably be around a £2 difference in the highly competitive banking rate open businesses of that size.

I'm still going to buy it, but fuck it is so cringe worthy seeing people defend this shit. How blind is your loyalty?

----

Mini map needs to be enabled on the Gamepad only. Pro controller can't enable it for some bizarre reason despite having the exact same button.

Nope, but I've ripped into Sony for their pricing strategies do I'll do it for Nintendo as well. That last £1 is definitely a case of taking the piss. Even when you include VAT, there's no way the exchange the exchange can justifiably be around a £2 difference in the highly competitive banking rate open businesses of that size.

I'm still going to buy it, but fuck it is so cringe worthy seeing people defend this shit. How blind is your loyalty?

----

Mini map needs to be enabled on the Gamepad only. Pro controller can't enable it for some bizarre reason despite having the exact same button.

I'm not defending Nintendo in this. I'm saying that this is an economy-wide thing, not a Nintendo wide thing, not an industry wide thing, it's how every industry works. There's a reason it's called rip-off Britain, and it's not because of Nintendo.

You know Nintendo will be making some serious interest on this DLC money and don't have to make good on their first installment for 3 months followed by another 6 months. So I've paid for something I won't partially see for another 9 months. On this occasion at least Nintendo must be laughing all the way to the bank.

You know Nintendo will be making some serious interest on this DLC money and don't have to make good on their first installment for 3 months followed by another 6 months. So I've paid for something I won't partially see for another 9 months. On this occasion at least Nintendo must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Yeah, it's basically a season pass in all but name. For all I vilify the practice, I never thought that I would end up buying one so happily and willingly! :o

And now I get to stare at this for the next 9 months...

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Damn you Nintendo... damn you...

Agreed. It's a complete pisstake. They're reaming us in the UK (even when you take off the VAT) for no justifiable reason...

Still well worth the money though, even with the price hike it's still ridiculously cheap!

Edited by Dcubed

Yeah, it's basically a season pass in all but name. For all I vilify the practice, I never thought that I would end up buying one so happily and willingly! :o

A season pass is fine when they explain in a good amount of detail. When it's something vague like BioShock Infinite's rather poor DLC, then a season pass is a problem.

And now I get to stare at this for the next 9 months...

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Damn you Nintendo... damn you...

Agreed. It's a complete pisstake. They're reaming us in the UK (even when you take off the VAT) for no justifiable reason...

Still well worth the money though, even with the price hike it's still ridiculously cheap!

Yeah and God knows where you'll be or if you'll even care at that stage to play Mario Kart. I know after most league nights I need a break from it to calm down.

yup, we know which characters we're getting, we know Wario mine is coming, a Hyrulean track, a New leaf style track, the Blue Falcon as well as 13 other unspecified tracks, 5 more vehicles and multicoloured Yoshis/shyguys

yup, we know which characters we're getting, we know Wario mine is coming, a Hyrulean track, a New leaf style track, the Blue Falcon as well as 13 other unspecified tracks, 5 more vehicles and multicoloured Yoshis/shyguys

We have the multi-coloured Yoshi/Shy Guy now, too, so we haven't got nothing from the purchase.

£9.16 without VAT by my calculations...

when it should be £7.24

So £8.68 would be equivalent. But there are over heads - for example in the UK National insurance has to be paid by the employer for each employee. I don't know what it's like in the US but can imagine possibly such a system would be looked down upon as too communist

Edited by Pestneb

We have the multi-coloured Yoshi/Shy Guy now, too, so we haven't got nothing from the purchase.

in all honesty, would you really pay £11 for the multicoloured characters? I mean, my favourite Yellow Yoshi is even over looked. So disappointed :(

To summarise what we know:

Zelda X Mario Kart 8 (£7)

Three Characters

- Link

- Tanooki Mario

- Cat Peach

Four Vehicles

- Blue Falcon

- 3 more

Eight Courses

- One new cup with Zelda, F-Zero and Excitebike tracks (plus one more)

- One (presumably) retro cup with Wii Wario's Gold Mine (plus three more)

Animal Crossing x Mario Kart 8 (£7)

Three Characters

- Villager

- Isabelle

- Dry Bowser

Four Vehicles

- All unknown

Eight Courses

- One new cup with Animal Crossing track (plus three more)

- One (presumably) retro cup with four unknown tracks.

Buying both (£11)

- 8 colours for Yoshi and ShyGuy.

Ah, here we go. Nintendo is finally growing up. Holding back DLC to make money (this is not meant to be sarcastic or anything. I'm happy they do this. Shows me that they may be capable of adapting to trends, after all).

Mario Kart 8 GOTY Edition and Smash Bros GOTY Edition inbound :D

While this doesn't make me interested in Mario Kart 8, it's certainly a tiny step in the right direction :)

Makes me hopeful for Smash in that there will be new characters months after the release.

Do you complain very time you buy food, or petrol, or beer, or pretty much anything in the uk? How many times does this conversation get played out when pricing for stuff gets announce need...? So so so dull.

We have loads of new yos his and shy guys to play with, we have 16 new tracks for a bargain price, other franchises are infecting the mario kart series, all far more interesting to chat about!

Personally, I wish there were more Nintendo characters in mario kart. Whack them all in.

in all honesty, would you really pay £11 for the multicoloured characters? I mean, my favourite Yellow Yoshi is even over looked. So disappointed :(

Oh my god! There isn't a yellow one? Even when th do amazing things th manage to piss me off!

That's what EA does :p

However, here we pay £11, get 16 new skins and will get 16 new courses, 8 new vehicles and 6 new characters within the next 9 months. Seems fine to me :p

Do you complain very time you buy food, or petrol, or beer, or pretty much anything in the uk? How many times does this conversation get played out when pricing for stuff gets announce need...? So so so dull.

We have loads of new yos his and shy guys to play with, we have 16 new tracks for a bargain price, other franchises are infecting the mario kart series, all far more interesting to chat about!

Personally, I wish there were more Nintendo characters in mario kart. Whack them all in.

Oh my god! There isn't a yellow one? Even when th do amazing things th manage to piss me off!

There is a yellow Yoshi

zlCfzSXwfss0bmJy1x

Ah, here we go. Nintendo is finally growing up. Holding back DLC to make money (this is not meant to be sarcastic or anything. I'm happy they do this. Shows me that they may be capable of adapting to trends, after all).

While this doesn't make me interested in Mario Kart 8, it's certainly a tiny step in the right direction :)

Makes me hopeful for Smash in that there will be new characters months after the release.

Holding back DLC for a whole year before release... suuurrrreee :indeed:

Cause Mario Kart games are so well known for releasing with more than 32 tracks. Cause they held back the release for 4 months after the release of DKCTF (and the massive drought of pure nothingness) so that they could fit the DLC on disc in time for the May release... (and those extra 2GB+ of space that they take up is just pure padding to make it look like "real" DLC)

... yeah that makes sense :p

Although it is basically a Season Pass in all but name. Now there's a trend that you can say that they're following ;)

Come on. Don't be like Wii. They're not holding back anything.

I know. So upsetting. I made do with the sky blue Yoshi though, so I think I can forgive them. Just.

I know. So upsetting. I made do with the sky blue Yoshi though, so I think I can forgive them. Just.

zlCfzSXwfss0bmJy1x

It's right in the middle...

BwCD_IwCYAEzP5k.jpg:large

That's what EA does :p

However, here we pay £11, get 16 new skins and will get 16 new courses, 8 new vehicles and 6 new characters within the next 9 months. Seems fine to me :p

There is a yellow Yoshi

zlCfzSXwfss0bmJy1x

Oh don't get me wrong, the DLC is an excellent price, but the "we have new colours" doesn't justify the price. It is however encouragement to purchase both packs now rather than later!

Also.. D'oh! Very dissapointed I missed the Yellow Yoshi... a bit like when I'm looking for my keys, stare right at them and don't register it is actually there! :D

Thanks for pointing it out, I am now going to enjoy racing around some tracks with my Yellow Yoshi :)

Actually, I would love to know which Yoshi colour is the most popular..

Holding back DLC for a whole year before release... suuurrrreee :indeed: [...]

I don't see why that's such a weird thing to assume. :indeed:

With Nintendo these days, not a lot is making any sense. Mario Kart 8 may well be the biggest seller at the end of the Wii U's life cycle. What if Nintendo thought it would and therefore created a lot of content before release to bring it out a year later?

How many people bought Mario Kart 8? More than a million? I'm pretty sure that at least 80% of them will buy the DLC because they probably have played the game to death and it sits on their shelves by then :p

Come on. Don't be like Wii. They're not holding back anything.

Assumption. There is no evidence to support this.

:p

I'm quite sure they're holding back. And - as I've said before - I hope they do.

Reading your responses it sounds like you think I was being negative.

I was being far from negative. I hope this is a sign of Nintendo doing some smart decisions from now on :)

Are the Yoshi skins available now? I preordered from the Nintendo Store but don't think I got anything from them yet.

Are the Yoshi skins available now? I preordered from the Nintendo Store but don't think I got anything from them yet.

Yep. I got them now :) But I bought the bundle directly on the eShop