NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

@Josh64

I agree with you. They look like some tatty shit which are completely money wasting and pointless.

@Josh64

I agree with you. They look like some tatty shit which are completely money wasting and pointless.

Double agreed. That and I totally don't have the space for figurines. Would rather just buy the dlc in the standard manner.

If you don't like figures and stuff then I understand. However I love that stuff so I can't wait! I even bought into Disney infinity for the same reason... I'm not entirely convinced Nintendo are going about implementing them in the right way for mass market appeal, but I'm looking forward to buying some!

Some interesting news about potential DLC.

First of all, four icons have been found in the game:

bMk4PgC.jpg

Someone made a mock-up of the game menu, as you can see, the icon sizes are perfect for the amount of DLC cups.

e0aQuNU.jpg

There is also menu data for 16 DLC tracks in the game (no actual track data, just placeholder names for the menu).

We will definitely see DLC because Nintendo need to people to keep playing this game in the long term, and DLC is the best way to do that :)

I'm happy that it seems to be some new cups, rather than just new kart pieces or characters (probably have these as well). I only use Toad so any new characters would be useless to me. :D

I wonder if we will get some more stamps to unlock?

Some interesting news about potential DLC.

First of all, four icons have been found in the game:

bMk4PgC.jpg

Someone made a mock-up of the game menu, as you can see, the icon sizes are perfect for the amount of DLC cups.

e0aQuNU.jpg

There is also menu data for 16 DLC tracks in the game (no actual track data, just placeholder names for the menu).

Interesting.

So... Egg/Shine Sprite Cup = 8 original courses, and Boo/Spiny Shell Cup = 8 additional retro courses? That would be sweet. :)

SNES Ghost Valley 1 for Boo Cup please! :D

what characters do you guys think will unlock those tracks? any amiibo?

The Yoshi egg seems to fit Yoshi most closely, the SMS shine, boo and blue shell though...

Peach, Mario and Donkey Kong are the only MK Characters with planned amiibo's... Donkey Kong I would give the Blue shell, Peach seems most appropriate for the shine cup and that leaves M

ario for the Boo. Assuming of course that the first batch will unlock all the unlockable tracks...

Edited by Pestneb

This would be so damn cool if we got even more tracks through DLC!!

We must must must have Delfino Square and Wario's Galleon!!!

This does excite me!!

Yoshi circuit and baby park ride please!

As for characters, imagine if you could unlock every amiibo in the game... It'd be smash kart... Would almost be like a new game...

Never going to happen. But it'd be great in my eyes!

50% extra tracks!? That's pretty cool! I wonder how much they'll cost though...

XvvhNDA.jpg

Been using the time trials mode to try to get some interesting photos lately. This is one of my favourite views in the whole game.

Yoshi circuit and baby park ride please!

If they aren't going to to proper Battle arenas, Baby Park would be a good track for it.

As for characters, imagine if you could unlock every amiibo in the game... It'd be smash kart... Would almost be like a new game...

This is my dream, with it giving you an alternate costume for the Mario characters.

If this happens, I expect that it will be a "scan each time to use" and not an unlock.

XvvhNDA.jpg

Been using the time trials mode to try to get some interesting photos lately. This is one of my favourite views in the whole game.

My favourite view as well. Funny how the simplest track is one of the most beautiful.

Did somebody say Boo cup!?

If that doesn't involve 4 Boo tracks from previous games, I will be epic disappointed!

Nintendo really do love Boo though. Don't blame them one bit. Easily my favourite character from the Mario series.

Mt64boo.png

Fantastic.

I'd be up for downloading further tracks. Would be great if it happened!

I haven't got the game, but were people saying there were a lack of Ghost House tracks in the game?

This would certainly explain that.

If they aren't going to to proper Battle arenas, Baby Park would be a good track for it.

This is my dream, with it giving you an alternate costume for the Mario characters.

If this happens, I expect that it will be a "scan each time to use" and not an unlock.

If they do run with that idea, I imagine it would most likely be in the guise of costumes that your Mii can wear, rather than actually popping Samus in a kart, or letting Fox lob a green shell at Mario

I haven't got the game, but were people saying there were a lack of Ghost House tracks in the game?

This would certainly explain that.

There is a ghost house track but it's rubbish and very forgettable. Give me the SNES tracks over it any day.

I'd like to see Ghost Valley 1 and I'd also like DK Mountain from Double Dash make a return.

There's so many I'd like to see but so few spaces. There's a few in MK8 that I don't care for.

e0aQuNU.jpg

Those four new icons are styled similar to how the original eight are on the tracks themselves. I just played Mount Wario and there was a Star Cup logo with that same checkered flag and gold MK writing. I think it's probably just leftover assets but you never know.

There'll definitely be DLC tracks though, once they feel sufficient time has passed for sales to need a boost.

There is a ghost house track but it's rubbish and very forgettable. Give me the SNES tracks over it any day.

I happen to think Twisted Mansion is one of the better tracks.