NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

I'm just hoping the update comes with some new roller style tyres that boost acceleration but don't look as bad as the roller wheels.
Well it looks like the Mercedes GLA is bringing a new tyre type (judging by the trailer) but I wonder if it's going to be usable on other karts or bikes. :hmm: I originally had a feeling that the Mercs wouldn't be able to use other tyre types either, but 2 of them in the trailer are using the current off-Road type, so I guess not.

A Mercedes with button or cushion tyres would be pretty funny. :grin:

I can't remember if we picked Frantic mode or not but if you're on tonight then I'll play some more with Frantic items. Bullet bill trains are a common sight :D
Definitely up for some races tonight, yeah. Be nice to get some more MK8 in before it becomes forever tarnished with Mercs! :heh:

c04.gif

Also I always thought it seemed the case that everyone else seems to recover getting hit very quickly.
You can tell when it happens as the character will be doing its hit animation/the kart will be spinning, but their forward momentum is completely unaffected. It looks ridiculous. :grin:

I've literally green shelled someone that was just ahead of me, right before the finish line, and watched on as they still cross the line before me, all while their character is spazzing out. :laughing:

It's quite fitting that the Merc's are in a game about taking your opponents out out given what happened last weekend in Formula 1 ;)

Here’s the complete rundown of maintenance times for each major territory:

a) Europe : 8.50AM to 10AM

b) UK : 7.50AM to 9AM

c) USA (East Coast) : 2.50AM to 4AM

d) USA (West Coast) : 1.50PM to 1AM (Tuesday > Wednesday)

e) Japan : 3.50PM to 5PM

It’s expected that the update will be available shortly after tomorrow’s maintenance period.

That glitch where people hit with an item don't slow down seems to be happening a lot more frequently these days.

Yeah, that's been happening to me a lot recently too. This happened last night for example:

ilhIYMVY0Qfyb.gif

Here’s the complete rundown of maintenance times for each major territory:

a) Europe : 8.50AM to 10AM

b) UK : 7.50AM to 9AM

c) USA (East Coast) : 2.50AM to 4AM

d) USA (West Coast) : 1.50PM to 1AM (Tuesday > Wednesday)

e) Japan : 3.50PM to 5PM

It’s expected that the update will be available shortly after tomorrow’s maintenance period.

Kinda hoped it would hit at midnight tonight but nice that they put out a time table of when to expect it.

Good games earlier @f00had & @Josh64. : peace:

Awesome moment from one of those races where I take both of you out with a boomerang! :awesome::

And a cheeky backwards boomerang at f00 afterwards. :heh:

Yeah, that's been happening to me a lot recently too.
Here's hoping the update can do something about it.

There is also an Animal Crossing DLC pack.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-ddc/animal-crossing-x-mario-kart-8-aoc-pack-digital-download/10991122.html?autocomplete=productsuggestion

Each Add On Content pack will contain two new cups, each with four courses, which, in total, increases the number of available courses by 50 percent. The Add On Content packs include classics like Wario’s Gold Mine from Mario Kart Wii, as well as new courses, some taking place in the worlds of The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing. New vehicles will also arrive with each pack, including the Blue Falcon kart representing the F-Zero franchise in the first AOC pack.

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 - Released: November 2014

Pack 1 includes:

- 3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link

- 4 Vehicles

- 8 Courses

Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 - Released: May 2015

Pack 2 includes:

- 3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser

- 4 Vehicles

- 8 Courses

As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.

*throws money at Nintendo*

As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.

One step closer to mother fucking Nintendo Kart, woooooo.

Ordered both.

Pack 2 is out in May? :(

As in May next year? That's gotta be a placeholder.

One step closer to mother fucking Nintendo Kart, woooooo.

Exactly what I was thinking! I've been waiting an age for it to happen.

Just a shame this got leaked. Would have been amazing seeing this in a Direct. :(

What's with the Nintendo leaks? They usually run a tighter ship.

Just a shame this got leaked. Would have been amazing seeing this in a Direct. :(

What's with the Nintendo leaks? They usually run a tighter ship.

Yeah, it is quite weird.

Iwata falls ill and this happens. :D Lets hope he's back soon.

We have all seen Iwata's fight skills. He is the Nintendo Ninja