NEurope
Cube

Tom Clancy's The Division

Aww. I thought the game was gonna be set on a gradually collapsing world, and not on the "in real life" prevention of one. Damn. =/

edit:

Nevermind, Im dumb...

Edited by Oxigen_Waste

From the Ubi tube page, great quality.

I thought it was CGI at first.

Division_Teaser.jpg

Division_WaterST.jpg

Division_Map.jpg

Division_PoStation.jpg

Division_Corridor.jpg

Division_app.jpg

Edited by bryanee

Watched the long trailer with gameplay. thought it looked ace, I want this...then WHAM. realized it was online and my net connection is trash, so no point in getting it. One of the reasons I gave up on Gold Live.

Always getting disconnects when trying to play online games, or random speed reductions when high download, despite unlimited and forking out masses each month. Always complain, after a few complaints, our speed "magically" goes back up and remains a stable connection for a week or two, then it's back to the usual erratic connection. Just gave up phoning it in now, unless it becomes unusable low. Just got accused of being paranoid on DS forums, but it's no coincidence when it happens over and over. What, I'm supposed to believe it's "just a coincidence" our speed and stability increases EVERY time I complain to our ISP? REALLY?

Umm, sorry about the rant. It just bugs me knowing I won't ever be able to properly play online versus games.

Watched the long trailer with gameplay. thought it looked ace, I want this...then WHAM. realized it was online and my net connection is trash, so no point in getting it. One of the reasons I gave up on Gold Live.

Always getting disconnects when trying to play online games, or random speed reductions when high download, despite unlimited and forking out masses each month. Always complain, after a few complaints, our speed "magically" goes back up and remains a stable connection for a week or two, then it's back to the usual erratic connection. Just gave up phoning it in now, unless it becomes unusable low. Just got accused of being paranoid on DS forums, but it's no coincidence when it happens over and over. What, I'm supposed to believe it's "just a coincidence" our speed and stability increases EVERY time I complain to our ISP? REALLY?

Umm, sorry about the rant. It just bugs me knowing I won't ever be able to properly play online versus games.

Its worth changing your ISP. Are you on ADSL? It could be wiring or setup?

Going Fiber is well worth it for less hassle though ISP's still traffic shape.

Holy shit, I only just watched this. I think I just might have found my game of E3.

This rather piqued my interest and I did not expect it to. I'm not totally immune to some Tom Clancy ridiculousness in any form.

Edited by gaggle64

Loved how casual they were when communicating in battle. Looks impressive.

Developers walk us through the demo.

Sounds really good!

Is an RPG, MMO.

4 player squads + a drone companion player.

It will have an end game.

Looks impressive but I'll hold comment until I see it on the actual platforms.

The Division delayed into 2015, source suggests – rumour

The Division could have been delayed into 2015, according to an anonymous source from within Ubisoft Massive. This could be utter bollocks though, so make of this what you will while we investigate further.

We’re currently on the phone / email / carrier pigeon to our entire Ubisoft contact list on this one, so bear with us. Our local rep said that the publisher won’t comment on rumour or speculation, but we’re digging deeper.

Speaking with GameReactor, the supposed source said, “The game engine works well, it is not clear but works well. Actual game development has barely begun, however. The fact that Ubisoft issued a 2014 release date seems laughable if I’ll be completely honest, we will never have time to release The Division this year. This is a big project, we have very far to go …”

If true, it follows Ubisoft’s delay of Watch Dogs and The Crew, as well as the entire restarting of Rainbow Six: Patriots.

Again, we’re looking into this right now to either confirm or debunk the rumour. Hang tight.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/07/the-division-delayed-into-2015-source-suggests-rumour/

Seemed like a game that I would be happy to get as much development time as it needs so not too bothered about this. What you do have to wonder though is why all these Ubisoft titles keep getting pushed back. Problems developing or just unrealistic time frames being set?

Ubisoft seem to be fine with delaying a game if it needs extra time to be of quality. I think the only exception has been Assassin's Creed 3, but that was because the date was an important plot point.

The Division delayed into 2015, source suggests – rumour

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/07/the-division-delayed-into-2015-source-suggests-rumour/

Seemed like a game that I would be happy to get as much development time as it needs so not too bothered about this. What you do have to wonder though is why all these Ubisoft titles keep getting pushed back. Problems developing or just unrealistic time frames being set?

I'd personally question the validity of a publication that writes "utter bollocks" in an article...

Still having a bit of a hard time understanding exactly what this game is. I don't feel like it's being communicated very well.

Seems to be a distinct lack of variety in enemy types, basically fighting flame throwers all the time? and combat. Hopefully there's not just a wall of zombies/I am Legend coming when you get beyond the walls.

I do like the idea of this as a co-op adventure, but not so much the rpg like elements... settlement building and skill trees etc...

It's kind of like Destiny, where you get a group together go on missions and gear up for end game raids. @Retro_Link I'm guessing those flamethrower dudes must be the 'tough' enemy in those low level areas, i think the players are level 9 in that trailer.

I personally like the rpg elements, in the trailer one player healed up the group, another one set up a shield while the last guy unloaded his gun on the enemy. Talents make characters feel different bringing unique things to a group.

It's kind of like Destiny, where you get a group together go on missions and gear up for end game raids. @Retro_Link I'm guessing those flamethrower dudes must be the 'tough' enemy in those low level areas, i think the players are level 9 in that trailer.

I personally like the rpg elements, in the trailer one player healed up the group, another one set up a shield while the last guy unloaded his gun on the enemy. Talents make characters feel different bringing unique things to a group.

I quite like the idea of the different classes, I think I just get daunted by a lot of RPG like stuff, unless it's handled in a very accessible way like Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Potential to have a lot of fun in this game though. Hopefully can just have an N-E clan and base in the city :p

From what I played of the alpha the RPG elements weren't too complicated but still to the degree where it felt like it had the depth of a single player game. I'm 100% on board for this booking my last 4 days of vacation the week after it launches to play a crap ton of it.

A couple of note worthy things from Push Square.

No weapon trading.

We remember when people were mad about the fact that you couldn't trade weapons and armour with your friends in Destiny, but really, that particular feature would have put a bullet in the game's lasting power. With that in mind, and with all of the recent comparisons between Bungie's sci-fi adventure and Tom Clancy's The Division, it would appear as though Ubisoft feels the same way about equipment trading in its upcoming open world shooter.

Associate creative director Julian Gerighty told GamesRadar that sharing gear was something that simply didn't make it into the final version of the release. "It's the reality of production. Some features make it, some features don't," he said. "It's something that obviously some people are very passionate about," Gerighty added, before admitting that "it'll maybe make an appearance in the future".

An area has been cut from the game.

When Tom Clancy's The Division was initially revealed, we were thrown into a snowy recreation of Brooklyn - one of New York's most famous boroughs. However, according to a statement from creative director Magnus Jansen, published by Examiner, Brooklyn won't feature in the finished game - at least, not at launch.

"For Tom Clancy's The Division we are going with Midtown Manhattan. It is because of the 1 to 1 re-creation and the way the pandemic has [happened]. Basically, everything has been hit and there are no more resources because everyone tried to get out. There is no more gasoline in the cars, there is no traffic, you're on foot," Jansen explains.

The developer also assures the publication that The Division is "a very sizable open-world game", and that "Midtown Manhattan is a huge open-world experience and more than enough to sink your teeth into". Could other boroughs be added to the release via downloadable content? We could certainly see it, especially if the title ends up featuring expansions similar to Destiny's.