N-Europe

Official Sony E3 Press Conference Discussion - 11th June @ 2am

Mokong

Just caught up with this. Sony vs MS - Sony won, without a doubt. They started stronger, had a good games focus(and more appealing stuff for me), fucked all the DRM business right off, kicked the crap out of teh price. Their indie focus was probably biggest draw, and whilst I own a PS3 but still hate Sony - if I ever considered Xbone or PS4 it'd definitely be PS4 - looks to be an actual gaming machine with good games on the way and a good user focus. Fucking Sony, making me go and change my mind about them, what a bunch of wankers!

Aesthetically...it's ok(looked more retro than I'd have liked). Better than Xbone but still not blowing my mind. Then again I don't care too much for aesthetic, as long as it ain't a chunky chubba or taking up half my living room, then it's cool.

I wasn't even considering PS4 or Xbone before this. Now I might be on the PS4. I do wonder, with both the price and DRM, whether they were waiting to see MS's stance and then roll from there. I reckon at least for price they had some ideas on undercutting.

-----------------

Kotaku reporting DRM still possible though, 3rd party discretion - http://kotaku.com/third-party-publishers-will-have-final-say-on-used-game-512643240

Edited by Rummy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see if EA backtrack on their decision with removing it. Although with Battlefront and Mirror's Edge, it looks like they're actually trying to change their image. I have a good feeling that they won't implement it.

I hope the reaction from this conference is enough to make publishers realise how much people hate it.

Oh, and I really didn't think that the leap in graphics would be this massive!

HOLY FUCK!

DID YOU SEE THAT INGAME STUFF FROM CERTAIN GAMES?

Especially David Cage's Tech Demo! He wasn't kidding with those 10.000 polygons.

I constantly had to do a double take and remind myself that I was watching a game, because some people in games just look so fucking real!!

Ehhhhhh no.

The old man is CG quality for sure, but that little goblin was plain creepy and looked worse than Dobby. Plus Lebron talking to Lebron really shows graphics have a ways to go before being mistaken for real.

having thought over all the e3 conferences/directs, i still think Sony won it all by a country mile, but initial impressions have sunk in and it wasn't as epic as i originally thought.

They showed some awesome games, some spectacular, some good, some great but nothing was earth shattering. as for the console the only really "good" things were the price and the form factor of the console,

everything else was neutral or bad really, as being able to swap/share/resell games is industry standard and rightfully so, so its inclusion to keep doing what is expected isn't a positive, that said its certainly viewed as a positive because it trolls microsoft and alleviates fears, but when the dust settles its not good or bad.

and multiplayer requiring plus is not a good thing for everyone who was just a normal member, it doesn't affect me or most of us because we are already on plus, but its generally a bad thing

still an immense reveal overall (are we going to have a post e3 roundtable because i feel like i'm doing that in my last responses)