NEurope
Jonnas

Gentlemen's Mafia III - The Court of Miracles

I'm currently on holiday with only a very unstable connection on my phone, so my activity will be very scarce still, I'm afraid. Currently I am willing to believe The Peeps, though his behaviour hasn't exactly been terribly trustworthy. Since we desperately need to find mafia scumnags, though, I'd prefer to direct focus elsewhere. Peeps raises an interesting point about Diageo, I find; @Sprout, we need you to confirm this info.
I can confirm that this is the note that was on my desk. I knew the contents of the note, and he has repeated it precisely to the letter... which I believe maaaay have broken one of the Gentleman's Regulations to not post contents of PMs. I came to the same conclusion as he did about Zell's role, hence why I have kept the information to myself.

Could have just said you're a neutral thief instead of revealing an alignment investigator though! I won't vote yet because it's early in the day and there are other questions to be asked. If we can get somebody working for the Queen instead, we can put your lynch on hold for another day.

Oh, and I also have to question how a player can target someone who is dead...

I needed full on proof and I thought if I'm going to be lynched I'd rather have all my information out. Rummy there's no way you can still be this much against me. I'm quite clearly neutral. As for why I didn't come out with it on my own earlier.. well why would a neutral with his own win condition ever willingly come out? There's not a great precedent for it.

Sprout, as my win condition is to target player's for certain items they might be holding, it would be extremely difficult to do so without being allowed to target dead players :p it's quite commonplace for this role.

I held out against revealing Zell as anyone can see from my answers to Rummy in the last day phase. Today with his result on me I felt it best to come out with everything I had right away. Any trustworthy behaviour I might have displayed (I'm not sure what that even is tbh), was purely to keep my true role from coming out as well as to protect those I had information on. Some people seem to have a real vendetta against me for some reason though.

Good day to you too. I missed the first day's proceedings, for which I apologise.

I know of a thief, but am unsure whether their allegiance lies with the queen, or against.

Thieves are neutral more often than not.

I was successful in my action last night.

This is from right at the start of the game btw. My casual hint to mr-paul.

Because it saves your read end from the town's wrath a little longer by giving earlier and gaining trust sooner. However with numbers as they are right now, and knowing if you win won't steal it from us(similar to Yvonne) I would contemplate going for something under Zell's previous suggestions to test whether it's accurate. Did he not out Diageo earlier on?

Okay, I'm back now from my hols and have mostly caught up.

So just to clarify what happened on night 2, I targeted Flink. I was the one checking his papers. Nothing nefarious.

I do have some other info. It seems that we have an intruder among us! Diageo, it appears that you do not have the necessary documentation. You do not have an invitation. Can you please explain why? Is it something to do with the masks? I for one am not wearing one, and I was definitely invited.

I was also redirected last night by a mysterious voice. Then someone held a knife to my throat preventing me from reaching my new target. So a fairly eventful night for me.

Yes, he did. ChangeVote: Diageo.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

vote: diageo

I would say Zell is accurate :p

Because it saves your read end from the town's wrath a little longer by giving earlier and gaining trust sooner.

Or it would've turned people against me sooner. Considering your baseless suspicion of me already, why would I add fuel to the fire? I can't predict how people would react. Are you honestly trying to say that if I'd claimed neutral you would've believed me and backed down? I seriously doubt it. No matter what action I take you turn it to suit your own suspicions anyway. You seem completely unwilling to give me any benefit of doubt. What exactly is it that's got you so dead set against me?

Baseless, yes. Accurate, yes. If you've claimed sooner, quite possibly yes. I don't see Neutrals neccessarily as a problem, unless of course they go to many lengths to avoid admitting it.

Do we know anything about heroicjanitor's role or power? I know who he targeted but I don't know what he did to them etc. so it might not tell us anything.

I phrased that badly... I meant I am not Langley. I am someone who owns the hound of the baskervilles.

Vote:Eenuh

While we're here in a position of power and we have a truth detector I should give my targets. I'll wait a bit before voting in case anyone has anything else to say.

Night 1: Peeps

Night 2: Yvonne

Night 3: Animal

Night 4: Sméagol

Night 5: Sheikah (I was roleblocked)

Yeah, but not always, his power cycles. I was the one who blocked Yvonne on night 2. Peeps targeted sprout night 1. Sméagol targeted Eenuh night 4.

Eenuh would be a good one to lie-detect actually, she had a few things to say about being queen.

We know all about me :p

I tracked Zell last night and found he targeted Peeps so... Zell isn't lying at least. The bits about hoping someone was alright are hinting at me waiting for my dog to return with the info.

I don't like that Peeps claimed the mafia was likely to kill him right after he said he was neutral and had accomplished nothing all game. Sounds too much like weasling to me.

Also Peeps the thing that had people against you was you are building something which could easily be a device to help the Queen escape from the castle.

I don't want to risk a quick lynch on a confirmed protector, so I think we should cast our net a little bit wider for now since we have time. @Jon Dedede, @Sméagol, @Eenuh, what did y'all do.

Right, thanks for sharing your stuff again, wasn't sure what had been posted before. And you quoted what I did last night, I targeted you and found out you tracked Zell.

As for Peeps outing Zell, I think that is a bit risky, but then I guess some of us already knew about it anyway. I did from day one as I found out he targeted himself heh.

Zell, have you found out any other information in the other nights?

Vote Standings

The Peeps (1): Zell

Diageo (3): Rummy, The Peeps, Magnus Peterson

Majority is 8

D'oh. That's what happens when you don't read the thread. You forget things. Sorry Peeps.

Change Vote: Diageo

I was probably going to reveal sooner or later as I've been sitting on some information. I check people's documentation and verify their alignment. So far I've investigated the following people:

Night 1: Me - Evil

Night 2: Flink - Evil

Night 3: Diageo - No documentation, an intruder!

Night 4: Was going to target Jimbob, got redirected and then roleblocked by Diageo I think

Night 5: Forgot my PM (sorry!) but got enhanced by someone

Night 6: Sprout - Evil, also found out his role

Night 7: Peeps - Intruder!

My gut feeling (having forgotten Peeps' posts) was that he was mafia because he was an intruder. I still have a very strong feeling that Diageo is in the mafia, although I think he claimed protector? Sorry I can't remember.

I will reread the thread to catch up at some point.

Pretty clear cut then, pretty crap that you've been outed though.

Wasn't there someone else who said they didn't have an invitation?

Vote: Diageo

There is no new information here. People knew just as much about me earlier and now you're at the same place again. I've explained why I don't have an invitation, and I've willingly confirmed I snook into the court. I've said it repeatedly as well.

I'm sure the mafia could get a hand on an invitation so I don't think it's as clear as you people may think, Jonnas never leaves everything to be this easy. You know my targets, you know that I've been protecting useful town players. I think that The Peeps is just saying he's neutral, when he's actually part of the mafia. I've had people confirm what I've done over and over and I've even been lie detected. I don't know what else you could want. My lack of invitation is a red herring. There's a lot of info to suggest so, just look at it.

Vote: The Peeps

Zell, you said you were enhanced but did nothing from it?

So you're saying the alignment cop is useless in this game as the mafia would all have invites, despite them having to infiltrate this group?

So you're saying the alignment cop is useless in this game as the mafia would all have invites, despite them having to infiltrate this group?

Oh look at you being able to take what I said and bring it to the extreme.

I said the mafia probably has one or two people with tickets and the town has some without. Keeps it from being too straightforward.

You've been lying all along throughout the game, who's to say you're still not lying and are actually mafia?

Who's to say you're not?

I would say the mafia may have one person with an invite if Jonnas is keeping with the 'mafia boss is immune to alignment cop' convention. He might not though, he never leaves anything that easy.

I've proven I knew Zell was the cop since day 1. If I were mafia he would be dead.

Everyone's known he's an alignment investigator. What do you think asking for invitations would be? Everyone has known he's an alignment cop, yet he hasn't died for a long time. So maybe he's not that great at it.

Oh cool everyone did know. I was concerned because most people were saying it sucks the I outed him. Glad to know I'm off the hook for that one!

Oh cool everyone did know. I was concerned because most people were saying it sucks the I outed him. Glad to know I'm off the hook for that one!

By everyone do you mean that one guy earlier?

Hey Eenuh is not a guy :blank:

I, for one, didn't realise.

Harsh dude, harsh.

Ouch, my feelings. =(

Anyway, I am going to cast my vote for now for Diageo, even though I don't trust Peeps either. It would be nice if some more people would come out with their targets/findings so we can have a bit more information to go on though.

Vote: Diageo

Unless something better comes up, but I doubt it.

Come on people, we have two players without an invitation.

Diageo

Protector

Confirmed Targets

Lie Detected

The Peeps

Thief

Has been shown to be lying

Claims to have been roleblocked several times so has little to no targets

I can't believe there's even an issue here. You think I've managed to not lie and protect the town while being mafia all along or can you you consider the possibility that there are better people to lynch and that I've been made to not have an invitation to add spice to the game?