NEurope
Jonnas

Gentlemen's Mafia III - The Court of Miracles

So I was right about Sheikah, after all! :p I'm quite proud of having pegged both him and Marc (I had a vague suspicion of heroic as well, but he wasn't highest on my list). I'll have to hand it to you, though, @Sheikah, you played extremely well; getting my attention back to Diageo gained my trust.

Also, I was of the impression Zell's last investigation revealed that @Sméagol/@EEVILMURRAY had an invitation; was that the case?

---

The mafia played very well, and my hat's off to them. However, I am a bit frustrated at the inactivity of the town; far too many days went with trying to lynch Diageo, for example (I realise I myself was inactive at that time). I suspect the popularity of the Gentlemen's Mafia attracted a few too many people for the game's own good, which is a darn shame.

All that being said, though, it still turned out to be a great game worthy of the Gents' name, and I enjoyed it very much; in the context of the story, I'm actually also a little pleased the good guys ended up winning. :heh: I like how the epilogue fit into the narrative of Olivia's development from an innocent princess into a hardened, possibly morally questionable warrior queen.

Thanks Danny.

Have to say, thought it was a bit shameful that no RNG was used on N1 to kill Dohnut! Unless I was mistaken and the two guys had info to go on.

I for one am glad that both Peeps and Yvonne had win conditions that removed them from the game. :p

It would have been so awesome if we recruited Danny.

Haha! It's exactly what happened in a Pokémafia once; being able to play wholeheartedly as town and then stabbing everyone in the back late in the game is quite enjoyable. :heh:

As someone killed on night 2, I am so gutted to have missed out on the rest of this game, as inactivity really ruined the town's chances; that's not to say that the mafia/good guys didn't play well. It was still good fun to read along, but frustrating to see no lynches happen for days on end!

It was also frustrating to see Peeps last so long - I was a power thief and targeted him night one and knew he was up to something, but then I died and he was seemingly given an easy ride to his neutral win! I also think Sheikah played very well to control the end of the game.

If there's to be another sequel, I hope I am mafia, or survive longer than a single day!

Well done to the mafia, I think inactivity didn't help us too much but there was some good plays from them regardless.

Regarding inactivity... I also have some of the blame on that. While in Germany, I ended up being way busier (or more tired) than I expected, which caused schedules to slip, nights to last longer and so on. No doubt that sloppiness dragged the game a tad too much, encouraging inactivity.

I mean, if the host can't show motivation, who will, right?

A shame, though, as I left plenty of flavour-related clues throughout the game that few people picked up on. Like how Diageo kept hiding his/her face, I was surprised nobody related that to the Queen's scar left by Yvonne.

I do want to thank those who did their best to keep the game alive, regardless.

So I was right about Sheikah, after all! :p I'm quite proud of having pegged both him and Marc (I had a vague suspicion of heroic as well, but he wasn't highest on my list). I'll have to hand it to you, though, Sheikah, you played extremely well; getting my attention back to Diageo gained my trust.

Also, I was of the impression Zell's last investigation revealed that Sméagol/EEVILMURRAY had an invitation; was that the case?

Sméagol was the token "Mafioso who looks town when investigated". How lucky for him that this property made it into the write-up.

(Also, sorry to say, but Marcamillian joined the mafia very, very late into the game. Everything that made you suspect him, he did it as town)

All that being said, though, it still turned out to be a great game worthy of the Gents' name, and I enjoyed it very much; in the context of the story, I'm actually also a little pleased the good guys ended up winning. :heh: I like how the epilogue fit into the narrative of Olivia's development from an innocent princess into a hardened, possibly morally questionable warrior queen.

I'm glad someone appreciated my attempts at bringing consistency to the whole thing :blush:

My main regret was not doing something more with Jonas Barnes, the bitter son of Theodore Barnes, the evil Black-Mask-Gardener from the first game. Also, wanted to throw a few more "Mr.Burns" references.

It was also frustrating to see Peeps last so long - I was a power thief and targeted him night one and knew he was up to something, but then I died and he was seemingly given an easy ride to his neutral win! I also think Sheikah played very well to control the end of the game.

The Peeps definitely had an uphill battle with him being stopped so often. He was even lucky, since the mafia pondered about killing him a few times.

Even more lucky, he targeted mr-paul out of the blue. Him and Sheikah were the only ones possessing the "exotic substance".

Ah cool I did consider Sheikah too for the exotic substance.

I had a feeling Diageo may have been the Queen after all the face hiding stuff but it wasn't in my interest to push suspicion on him until I was close to a lynch. Out of interest, what would've happened if I'd been lynched? I stole a mask of Marcamillian which you said would be handy if I should ever be lynched :p

A shame, though, as I left plenty of flavour-related clues throughout the game that few people picked up on. Like how Diageo kept hiding his/her face, I was surprised nobody related that to the Queen's scar left by Yvonne.

Indeed, looking back, it was quite obvious Diageo was mafia. :heh: He played well. :)

(Also, sorry to say, but Marcamillian joined the mafia very, very late into the game. Everything that made you suspect him, he did it as town)

Well, he was still suspicious as heck! :p Consistenly lying and hiding behind rhymes is not very townie-like behaviour.

---

All in all, you did a marvelous job as always with this mafia. :) I tip my hat to thee, good Sir Barnes!

I had a feeling Diageo may have been the Queen after all the face hiding stuff but it wasn't in my interest to push suspicion on him until I was close to a lynch. Out of interest, what would've happened if I'd been lynched? I stole a mask of Marcamillian which you said would be handy if I should ever be lynched :p

Well, he was still suspicious as heck! :p Consistenly lying and hiding behind rhymes is not very townie-like behaviour.

Before Marcamillian became mafia, he was immune to lynching, and if he was lynched, he'd be unkillable for a night. Marca was surely making himself suspicious on purpose (until he was recruited).

Peeps, the mask granted you a one-time use of this ability. The write-up would make it obvious that it wasn't your own power, though.

That's an interesting role. However, I still consider it counterproductive to the town's goals to make oneself suspicious as a townie.

First of all, being one of the worst offenders for inconsistent activity I apologise.

Danny - #1 I can understand the frustration of the rhymes but it added a little spice for me as a player and also was a little reaction to the bare faced statement of fact that seems to be the norm.

In terms of my suspicious behaviour - as a linchproof protector I thought I could make myself safe from mafia killing by being suspicious. Just as people started suspecting me I get team-swapped and no longer lynch proof. All my planing was for naut

Well done, mafia.

This mafia had potential. But, for many reasons, it didn't live up to it. The crowning moment was the fact it took three or so days to lynch Diageo. Inactivity killed the game, too many people refusing to co-operate and give information, the town not working together as a team to bring down the mafia, in-fighting and so on.

On a positive note, the write-ups and roles were good.

It probably would have taken longer to lynch me, but I got bored and went another way. Claiming I was neutral.

First of all, being one of the worst offenders for inconsistent activity I apologise.

Danny - #1 I can understand the frustration of the rhymes but it added a little spice for me as a player and also was a little reaction to the bare faced statement of fact that seems to be the norm.

In terms of my suspicious behaviour - as a linchproof protector I thought I could make myself safe from mafia killing by being suspicious. Just as people started suspecting me I get team-swapped and no longer lynch proof. All my planing was for naut

To be clear, I certainly don't mind your rhymes! They do indeed add spice and fun to the game; :) but considering they were coupled with inactivity and lies as well as a less than straightforward or helpful attitude, it really became frustrating.