NEurope
Jonnas

Gentlemen's Mafia III - The Court of Miracles

Rummy, my reveal wasn't in just one post it was over the course of the game - though I did post more about myself in the last day phase I believe. Your suspicion of me is based on one post where I asked ReZ if anything had befouled him in the night - which I have since explained was just to prove I don't do anything sinister in the night. You seem to think that means myself and ReZ are on a team. Firstly if we were on a team, I would want to distance myself from him as much as possible, secondly why would I ask him a question like that if we're both mafia? It would just be drawing attention to us for no reason and I would already know the answer.

I'm annoyed at having to explain myself again and I don't feel like it'll make any difference anyway as your suspicion is completely baseless so I have nothing to argue against, ergo I probably won't sway your opinion as it's just your own intuition.

I am an aviator, I have invented a flying machine which is nearly complete. I am on the lookout for parts and investors so from each of my targets I can gain a tidbit of information. If you want to endander the lives of two townies, I can reveal their roles to you as further proof.

You're just one vote at the end of the day and I'm not posting all this just to sway you but rather to highlight once again my innocence so people can stop bloody roleblocking me. Having said that, I find it strange that you're willing to go as far as to vote for me when you've said yourself you have zero evidence of anything and it's just based on a hunch. No matter what I do in this game people are apparently going to call me out for being mafia. I don't know why I'm even bothering.

Because fighting against all odds is what this game is all about.

Yeah but it gets annoying when you're apparently a suspicious character but not enough for people to actually lay votes down. So I just get roleblocked every night and I can't move on. Surely if I were mafia someone would've found something on me by now? I'm sure you can appreciate how annoying it is for an info gatherer to be roleblocked every night. I feel like I've already said all I can but it keeps happening to me.

Care to share who you tried to target last night Peeps?

@Rummy it's more that he's barely said anything in the last few days and really not much all game. Though I did also notice this -

He could be genuine, but that's the kind of description that would give a Mafioso leeway.

Anyway how come you didn't protect Danny?

Because as I said I trust Dedede more than anyone? Or at least suspect him the least of most. He called Marcilliam as a hangman before Marcamillian came out with it. Why should I have protected Danny? You must remember that I'm only human, and will see the game differently to yourself. Again though, if you wish to somehow suspect me - recall I've wanted ReZ since day 2.

Rummy, my reveal wasn't in just one post it was over the course of the game - though I did post more about myself in the last day phase I believe.

Ain't rocket science man, sum it up for me AND answer my quoted question that you've avoided since yesterday.

If you've apparently already revealed ain't not cost to sum up in a single post, right? No, not unless you're mafia who's just trying to faff this out.

Yeah but it gets annoying when you're apparently a suspicious character but not enough for people to actually lay votes down. So I just get roleblocked every night and I can't move on. Surely if I were mafia someone would've found something on me by now? I'm sure you can appreciate how annoying it is for an info gatherer to be roleblocked every night. I feel like I've already said all I can but it keeps happening to me.

Well this is all delightful and unconfirmed. Lovely.

I've given a full reveal and you still find me suspicious because of one post I made with a question for ReZ? This is ridiculous. I was even the second person to vote for him!

I've somehow been branded as a suspicious person for no damn reason and it's getting to me now. I've been roleblocked the last four nights (last night I was attacked by some kind of animal beast) and I've seriously lost the will to play now. If anyone cares I'd suggest hunting down the last person to roleblock me (assuming it's Animal?) as this has come after I've fully revealed myself and have proven to be an info gatherer.

Don't expect anything else from me this phase.

The beast you were roleblocked by is most likely heroicjanitor's hound, considering it's capable of roleblocking whereas Animal's a reverse tracker.

You do seem to be reacting more emotionally than you are wont to do, which arouses some level of suspicion, but on the other hand you've made some distinctly non-mafia (or at least very risky) moves. You're a great mafia player, hence people are generally cautious about you. :heh:

I am not mafia.

that's for mr cynical up there :p

As I mentioned last day phase I do not investigate single posts, but the remaining posts of a specific player from when I use my power till the day ends. This is why I suggested we pick a specific player to make a clear post at the end of the day phase for me to investigate so as to use my power optimally; unfortunately the previous day phase ended before that could be arranged.

At this point I especially want to hear from @Jon Dedede, @Magnus Peterson and @Sprout, as they have stayed somewhat in the background.

Anyway how come you didn't protect Danny?

He doesn't protect against kills.

I was successful last night.

I have no wish to reveal myself unless forced to do so; I do not wish to paint myself as a target.

Further questions are welcome.

Ain't rocket science man, sum it up for me AND answer my quoted question that you've avoided since yesterday.

If you've apparently already revealed ain't not cost to sum up in a single post, right? No, not unless you're mafia who's just trying to faff this out.

I literally did that in the same post that you quoted me from! I've said multiple times that I'm an info-gatherer, so logic dictates that hmm maybe I got information on ReZ? It's not exactly relevant and he's lynched anyway so I can say whatever bullshit I like if I were so inclined - a point I'm making so you don't have to, seeing as you're hellbent on finding me dodgy based on your expert analysis of a single post while ignoring every other post I've made. The specific information I found on ReZourceman is that he has chronic insomnia that can only be cured by soothing flute music. It wasn't particularly useful information. That still won't be enough for you no doubt.

Well this is all delightful and unconfirmed. Lovely.

I have information that can be confirmed but I refuse to reveal it because it would put a target on that player's head. You could argue that it's a convenient excuse but in reality it's bloody annoying not to reveal it. I'm not going to endanger that person's life for the sake of removing a single vote. Of course the downside for me is that all I can do is say 'I knew that' if said person decides to tell us his own power.

Having info about a mafia colleague is pretty easy to have. You should have revealed it before the death too, if you wished to exonerate yourself. As you've said, it's useless/pointless now.

You have no info on anyone else? Just info on one single person? Still not buying it. Your phrasing for the post you insisted Danny lie detected was also open, moreso than I'd expect from someone of your calibre. Unless you're mafia, of course.

It's only my vote, but it's staying.

He doesn't protect against kills.

This @Sheikah. I don't believe he has a night power as such, and thus I don't believe he could be re-directed or roleblocked, and thus protecting him would be wholly redundant.

Fair enough, but he does have to submit a target at night and I think that may still mean he could be RB.

Having info about a mafia colleague is pretty easy to have. You should have revealed it before the death too, if you wished to exonerate yourself. As you've said, it's useless/pointless now.

You have no info on anyone else? Just info on one single person? Still not buying it. Your phrasing for the post you insisted Danny lie detected was also open, moreso than I'd expect from someone of your calibre. Unless you're mafia, of course.

I've been roleblocked half the damn game! I have info on a couple of players but nothing I'm willing to reveal. Not for the sake of just you. Other than confirming my role, the info itself would only help the mafia anyway. Maybe that's why you're so keen on getting it. Oh is that a baseless hunch? I should stick a vote down on you too I guess.

I did think Danny lie detected in a different way so I guess now we're both guilty of not being able to read people's posts properly.

I don't believe he has a night power as such, and thus I don't believe he could be re-directed or roleblocked, and thus protecting him would be wholly redundant.

Actually, as night 1 showed, I can be stopped by roleblocks and the like despite having to submit my targets during the day. I figured you thought me more in danger of being killed than roleblocked.

Actually, as night 1 showed, I can be stopped by roleblocks and the like despite having to submit my targets during the day. I figured you thought me more in danger of being killed than roleblocked.

Correction: That would be night 2.

That's just too convinient as a mafia cover, Peeps. Shoe on the other foot, would you buy it from someone, really?

I missed what you do at night Danny, though given you helped lead the charge on ReZ yesterday I have no reason to recap on it. I didn't consider my target too much last night, as I didn't realise until I was out and about for work on Monday that I hadn't sent it, I contemplated Danny then thought he was a day only power - tbh I didn't even think about the possibility of you being killed.

Good afternoon my fellow Gentleman. I apologise for not posting a great deal, I have been overwhelmed with weekend engagements these weeks past.

I have endevoured to provide the Court with my findings at the very least given my recent lack

of availabilty.

I would like to discuss the subject of conversing further, but with attention to @Jimbob. It would seem you are a curious fellow, your powers effectiveness correllates with how much you speak...

Appearing relatively quiet in the Court, one may lead to think that using your power is not your sole intention. Perhaps a murderous evening is your action of choice?

One must say, suddenly young James Bob's uncommon activity in this game suddenly makes sense. Have to wonder if Baron Barnes put some consequences into play before his untimely death.

I was so planning to do something like that myself when giving Jimbob a role in a future game - post = success! Except my rules would probably have been more 'post or die' :p

That is correct Mr Dedede, the more i post the more i get back in return. A role which is fitting to myself in past mafia game activities.

@Sheikah, that would have been a little harsh. But maybe fair.

Vote Standings

The Peeps(1): Rummy

Majority is 8

---------------

Considering the lack of activity, I'll probably end the day later tonight

Well this is a delightful affair then. Where are the members of the court?!

I missed what you do at night Danny, though given you helped lead the charge on ReZ yesterday I have no reason to recap on it. I didn't consider my target too much last night, as I didn't realise until I was out and about for work on Monday that I hadn't sent it, I contemplated Danny then thought he was a day only power - tbh I didn't even think about the possibility of you being killed.

My role is a fairly simple one, actually; I lie detect, that's it. I pick a target at some point each day and scan their remaining posts of the day for lies. Then I get the result at night, during which I can be roleblocked etc.

I apologise that my activity has dropped; I am home on holiday with my parents and as such don't spend much time online at all.

Apart from ReZ, have you been able to target some more people? Or has it not brought you any conclusive results?

My other results haven't really been conclusive.

Day 2: Fierce_LiNk (June 4th, 08:28 PM GMT +1) - Vanished (jailkept) by Cube

Day 3: Diageo (June 9th, 08:36 PM GMT +1) - 90% truthful

Day 4: Rummy (June 15th, 04:42 PM GMT +1) - 92% truthful

Day 5: ReZourceman (June 23rd, 11:02 AM GMT +1) - 65% truthful

It's not too relevant but do we know that Cube jailkept Flink? I presumed(and realised after I revealed) that he simply mimicked my power, given he said it was shifting. Regardless, you've been more active than most. I'd be looking at the inactives as folks worthy of a lynch. I still well suspect Peeps though.