NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 27: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

I wish you got a bit more money for those awards. 250k for assists doesn't really seem enough. It's almost like doing another press release when really you've done much more throughout the season to warrant it. Should be a million for each award, imo.

I've sacked Johann and have quickly moved into the transfer market to buy new players. More experienced players are expensive and we are not a rich club. So, I'm looking at the 18/4, 18/5 brackets and seeing what's there. Ideally I need a young defence that can be built over time. We'll most probably be in another relegation fight for another year at least, but in the long term we should be settled. My midfield is fine and I'm happy with my attackers, so it's just the defence.

Do you only get awards in the top league then?

Do you only get awards in the top league then?

No, you get prizes in every league. I got 250k for finishing with the top goal scorer.

Then i am sad.

I scored the most goals out of all three leagues. No award for me.

I had a player with the joint most assists (in the middle league and all three leagues). No award for him.

I had four players in the top 20 most points. No awards for them.

I don't really want the awards to be honest, i just have no money left....

+11 visible.

• Main goalie wants to retire but I'm ok with it as backup is almost ready to be 1st choice.
  • Will sell Tage Hedblom or Don Goddard. Steering towards Tage even though he's 28 as I don't see myself playing him much and I could use the money for someone younger. I'd only get 600k for Don at 33.
  • Jamie Jerome been at the club for 20 seasons now but his skill isn't that much better than the 3 other main midfielders so might consider moving him on. Though at 274 appearances he has least 2 seasons left so could break 300 appearances so maybe not.
  • Going to sell one of my 20 year old strikers and bring a younger one in.

From what @Aqui1a wrote in the commentary field you don't even have a default line up?

I did at one point but my team has changed so much since I set it the 'default' players don't even exist anymore.

Annoying the blunder cost me second place. Still, promoted and a decent change report. Was hoping for visible jumps in my you get players. My old keeper went down 2 levels (only played in that game when I forgot my tactics) and is now retiring after the season.

Midfield looking very strong now.

Then i am sad.

I scored the most goals out of all three leagues. No award for me.

I had a player with the joint most assists (in the middle league and all three leagues). No award for him.

I had four players in the top 20 most points. No awards for them.

I don't really want the awards to be honest, i just have no money left....

There are position awards for top 3 (1 mill, 500 and 250).

250 for players with most assists, goals and points. Noa Brusling regularly won all 3 in the same season.

@The Peeps. I won't have the time to do a live draw between now and Sunday, so feel free to do the 1st round tomorrow night. I'm in London tomorrow night and not back until Sunday (something to do with the meet i believe). But i can do a draw on Tuesday for the next round if that is ok with everyone.

Back from holiday and what a classic finish to see!

Thanks firstly to my secret manager unlucky against Flinky I did give you a limited team to play with but thanks for putting a good show in :)

Well done Zell! I could not believe what I was reading when I saw that you had won must be one of the best league finishes ever!

Congrats to Peeps and Roosers Rovers as well.

I am pleased with my change report plus 12 visible although sad that Astle is leaving and also that there was no double jumpers as some of my guys were hitting 17 dev at the end of the season. Rowan I sent your new look team a challenge or Blanchflowers testimonial match.

I am selling him after years of good service as I have an excess of midfielders who play well in other positions and will be playing them up front now and again next season.

I'll post my changes up once i get home, IE6 doesn't display Xpert too well without flagging 20 or so error messages up.

Overall stats

Strongest team:

1 Eights

2 Battlestar/Inter

3 Elites

Most cards

1 Battlestar

2 Kippen

3 Twozzinio

Best manager

1 Submarine

2 Aqui1a

3 Roger/Inter

Fair play

1 bob

2 Aqui1a/Recall

3 Cube/Duds

Team value (fairly sure this isn't updated to reflect the change report)

1 Eights 96 mill

2 Battlestar 87 mill

3 Inter 83 mill

Best average match assessment/review

1 Eights

2 Battlestar

3 Madpool

Points(goals and assists)

1 Eights, Granås 22

2 Rosser, Przhevalsky 18

3 Leeds, Howson 17

Goals

1 Eights, Granås 14/Eights, Capwell 14

2 Battlestar, Tygesen 13/Madpool, Hales 13/Dragooooo, Hales 13/Submarine, Falcao 13

3 Too many to mention

Assists

1 Eights, Fjellbekk 9/Submarine, Delipiano 9/Dragooooo, Stringlöv 9/bob, Onfiang 9

2 and 3 Too many to mention

Yellow

1 Kippen, Fraser 7

2 Madpool, Monk 6/Kippen, Liddel 6/Battlestar, Slachta 6/Eights, Fjellbekk 6

3 Elites, Faktura 5/Balbuzards, Genot 5

Red

20 or so players got one red cards. 1 Madpool, 3 Battlestar, 1 Inter, 3 Dedede, 3 Kippen, 2 Twozzinio, 2 Haden, 2 Familia, 1 Allstars, 1 Coliccini.

X11

1 Battlestar, Trifkovic 17

1 Battlestar, Trygesen 15

3 Recall, Celbridge 14/Battlestar, Delgadillo 14

Assessment/review

1 Battlestar, Trifkovic 20

2 Duds, Mulholland 19

3 Then a fair bunch at 18, Battlestar, Battlestar, Eights, Eights, Madpool, Silverdale

Elite league

Best manager

1 Submarine

2 Inter

3 Eights

Most cards

1 Battlestar

2 Familia

3 Madpool

Fair play

1 Dud

2 Silverdale/Submarine

3 Inter/Winston/Eights

1 Eights

2 Battlestar

3 Madpool

Middle league

Best manager

1 Atletico

2 Roger

3 Peeps

Most cards

1 Kippen

2 Haden/64

3 Comerade

Fair play

1 bob

2 Atletico

3 Peeps/Dragooooo

1 Leeds

2 Kippen

3 Peeps

Lower league

Best manager

1 Coloccini

2 Rosser

3 Andy

Most cards

1 Twozzinio

2 Dedede

3 Rossers

Fair play

1 Recall

2 Cubic

3 Fedex

1 Recall

2 Cubic

3 Fedex

Change report wasn't so bad I thought it would be, 10+ and 9 visible. I can accept that.

Also collected 1 250 000 in prize money. That's more than the champion got :p

Scratch that, 10+ and 11 visible.

Happy with a +11 change report. Falcao double jumped! Annoyed that I can no longer sell my temporary striker since he's now decided to retire. He'll be warming the bench for the entirety of next season.

Also, I now have my first legend in Deano Irvine. I have 3 other players not far behind: Lilywhite is on 99 matches, Beasley on 98 and Smallwood on 97. These four players were part of the original Yellow Submarine when the club was first formed 6 seasons ago. They dreamed a dream.

Now is probably the time to bring in some fresh blood. I need a youth keeper since my reserve keeper retired and I'll need to start developing a new youth striker for when Beasley retires. My midfield is immense at the moment and Lilywhite hasn't decided to retire just yet. Defence is the weak link, but it's a work in progress and will start taking shape in a couple of seasons.

+14 change report.

2 double jumping youths.

Hell.

Yes.

Don't think I've said yet but a big bloody congratulations to Zell!!! Honestly didn't think anyone was getting near Eights for the next like 3 seasons.

(Also, pleased that mighty Winston dominated them at home. Hope for the future).

Weird dvs. Jumps where I didn't expect them and no jump where I did. +10 overall with a lot of visibles.. will just about do. My oldies are getting progressively less golden too.

Still about three seasons from staking a claim at winning the elite league. Urgh, a year real time.

I always get crap change reports, how do you guys do it!

By being good at Xpert Eleven.

Mine was actually crap aswell...

I always get crap change reports, how do you guys do it!

Details .

Any of you bitches fancy a friendly?

Also, just added a 17 4 to my rank. I'm excited about this team for the future. A young team. The basic idea is that I'm starting over with this team and aiming to get them near the quality of Eights/@Tales' team. Only way to do that is to buy good, young youths and build them up. It means we'll struggle again, but as is evident with the change report it should work.

Also, just added a 17 4 to my rank. I'm excited about this team for the future. A young team. The basic idea is that I'm starting over with this team and aiming to get them near the quality of Eights/@Tales' team. Only way to do that is to buy good, young youths and build them up. It means we'll struggle again, but as is evident with the change report it should work.

Except for when I was broke, I always buy 17-4s. More expensive, but it will pay off in the long run. Good luck, it's a long road.

Challenge me if you want?

Except for when I was broke, I always buy 17-4s. More expensive, but it will pay off in the long run. Good luck, it's a long road.

Yeah, I'm enjoying having 17 4s or 18 5s in the team. I'm not going to buy any more players now, except for potentially another defender (hopefully I'll get one from the youth academy...)

So, this is my squad. I'm sorted for the next two or three seasons without needing to buy anyone. I have 11 players under the age of 24, so I'm going to get the most out of them whilst I can. Like you say, it's going to be a loooong road.

Challenge me if you want?

Sent you one, brah.

Change report was ok for me, one disappointing non-raiser (still positive) and one double jump :)

+9 with only one visible decrease (also the only negative change at all) but with a player who is soon to retire and is only really in the team as a reserve anyway :)

PS. Decided to change my team name to Lylat Wanderers. It's the name of my official xpert league team but I felt like my N-E team should have the Nintendo-themed name so I'll be switching the official team to be Real Peeps when that season is over :p

Edited by The Peeps