NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 27: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

No mention of bob also having the most goals conceded last season? ;)

There is currently a poll on the xpert forum about whether or not to re-activate dirty trix. Could people please head over there to vote for their choice :)

(this is on a new page for me so just to make sure people don't miss it... the next round of the cup has been drawn and can be found here or a few posts back)

Is now a good time to say oops. Time forgot, i apologise everyone for not doing the draw.

No mention of bob also having the most goals conceded last season? ;)

Conceding goals does not matter if you score more.

Conceding goals does not matter if you score more.

How's dat dere relegation, brah?

I will rise from the ashes of my failures. And you will know my wrath once again. Your retinas will burn from the ferocity of my meteoric rise!

Basically, i need a bit more DV next season, and i'll do better.

Still waiting on Roger Federers invite if anyone here can send him a reminder? Thanks!

Well, looks like Roger Federer is a no show as the invite deadline has passed. I'm gonna organise a friendly against someone else now!

Feel free to challenge me, anyone who wants a game. I'll keep an eye on my messages and accept asap.

Roger's not been seen or heard from since he lost at the Suisse Open....worrying times indeed.

N-Euro Championship Cup Round Three

For anyone interested, I will draw for the next round at 10:30 tonight. I'll be in the chatroom and updating the @dan\-likes\-trees what happened between fedex and rossers, was a challenge issued and not accepted? Fedex should've sent a challenge as the home team. Rossers haven't signed in for 2 days so I'm assuming that's what happened, in which case Fedex obviously go through.

-----

Round Three

Home vs Away

DuDs Baggies vs Atlético Aqui1a

Winston Gardens FC vs Lylat Wanderers

Fedex United vs Yellow Submarine

Intergalactico Stars vs Hadens Rangers

All games to be accepted by 9pm Monday.

@DuD @Aqui1a @Zell @Haden

Edited by The Peeps

This is gonna be Spurs with Bale playing against Real Madrid.

Conden when we get beaten do not hand in your transfer request!

what happened between fedex and rossers, was a challenge issued and not accepted? Fedex should've sent a challenge as the home team. Rossers haven't signed in for 2 days so I'm assuming that's what happened, in which case Fedex obviously go through.

Yep, Fedex's invite was never accepted so we arranged a friendly after the 9pm deadline when I knew my game was also not gonna happen!

This is gonna be Spurs with Bale playing against Real Madrid.

Conden when we get beaten do not hand in your transfer request!

Haha, we finally meet! Depending on how Ramos treats him, Bale...I mean Conden may want no part in this team! :p

Yep, Fedex's invite was never accepted so we arranged a friendly after the 9pm deadline when I knew my game was also not gonna happen!

Haha, we finally meet! Depending on how Ramos treats him, Bale...I mean Conden may want no part in this team! :p

Is Ramos Charlie Adam? If so I will consider leaving Conden on the bench!

We have met once before and you won 3-1 away if I only lose by two goals and somehow score I will consider that a job well done!

If anyone wants a friendly with me I'm up for it. I don't mind being the away team.

N-Euro Championship Cup Round Three

For anyone interested, I will draw for the next round at 10:30 tonight. I'll be in the chatroom and updating the @dan\-likes\-trees what happened between fedex and rossers, was a challenge issued and not accepted? Fedex should've sent a challenge as the home team. Rossers haven't signed in for 2 days so I'm assuming that's what happened, in which case Fedex obviously go through.

-----

Round Three

Home vs Away

DuDs Baggies vs Atlético Aqui1a

Winston Gardens FC vs Lylat Wanderers

Fedex United vs Yellow Submarine

Intergalactico Stars vs Hadens Rangers

All games to be accepted by 9pm Monday.

@DuD @Aqui1a @Zell @Haden

Not sure Rossers even signed up for the cup did he? Could be wrong. Things have to get relayed via me via Roger to Rosser's Rovers so yeah.

Not sure about the Fed no-show though.

Roll on Winston vs Peeps. Challenge sent

COYS

If anyone wants a friendly with me I'm up for it. I don't mind being the away team.

If I challenge you tonight is that enough time for you to set tactics? Likewise, I must have the tactics set tonight. Invite sent, but don't accept them tomorrow.

If anyone has a friend they want to invite to the game, we have one inactive team to replace. Otherwise the lower league is going to have to have an inactive manager this season. I've not had any luck finding anyone myself :hmm:

If I challenge you tonight is that enough time for you to set tactics? Likewise, I must have the tactics set tonight. Invite sent, but don't accept them tomorrow.

Gonna regret accepting this when my form is taken a huge dent after losing tomorrow. :sad:

When does the new season start?

Picked up a new striker today, 20-7 for 812,200. He's valued at over 2 million.

Anyone fancy a friendly for Friday?

FYq7M.gif%20

Ok that was unexpected was thinking I would get a beatdown by at least two goals, that is by far my best win with this team, Eights and Yellow Submarine victories are my next aim for the future.

Had a little play around with tactics I will use when faced with an overwhelming midfield and stronger opponent and it paid off!

Watching the match was quite funny Inter was going through right till the end with more chances but I saw he had put pressure so I was praying that I would catch up if his players got tired and all of a sudden last 5 minutes there was a couple of chances and a penalty.

Bring on the semis baby :D

Edited by Haden

Congrats to Zell, DuD, Haden and Dan-Likes-Trees :)

Unless @Jimbob can get a live draw in tonight, I'll draw the fixtures for the next round when I get home from work tonight (some time between 11 and 12)

Congrats to Zell, DuD, Haden and Dan-Likes-Trees :)

Unless @Jimbob can get a live draw in tonight, I'll draw the fixtures for the next round when I get home from work tonight (some time between 11 and 12)

Indeed i can, if people are fine with that. 9pm tonight, i'll throw the links on when i get home

interview-new-logo.jpg

Todays interview takes us to the very depths of the Lower League for a unique insight to the life down there and the ways of the Cube. Welcome Dean of Cubic County!

Question 1) Much like a deep sea fish who needs to produce its own light to survive in the impenetrable darkness, it seems like Cubic County is in real need of a shining star to light the way for the club and help drag them out of the depths of despair that is being rooted to the bottom of the Lower League since your very existence, or should I say re-birth, three seasons ago. Now we're in pre-season mode, is there any sign of a big purchase on the cards, that the fans are so desperate for, to help start turning things around?

We're mostly focusing on our youth, and bringing in some fresh blood who can become tomorrow's greats. Dafydd Cross works extremely hard in training and is showing some great promise. Funds are currently not brilliant so most of it is going into improving our current players and finding some great local players. However, we are in the market for an older striker.

Question 2) Your three finishing positions have been 7th, 9th & 7th...what's going wrong for the County and can you see any way out of this predicament? As a manager are you paying enough attention?

The club's biggest problem is me. In order to help fund the club, I've got a second job which takes up a lot of time, although I sometimes do forget about matches until just after kick-off. For next season, I will be making proper use of Google Calendar to give me alerts at the optimal time. Next season will be better.

Question 3) Some cause for encouragement is that you didn't have a negative goal difference for the first time last season, granted it was '0' but do you think the balance in the squad still may not be quite right? The defence has certainly improved looking at the goals conceded, going from 42, 37 to 26 last season but the goals for is still lacking. What's your five season plan and where do you realistically see yourself being after that time?

Last season was a big improvement, and not having a negative goal difference was a huge morale boost for both the players and our fans. Our main keeper, Mike Dilbert, was out of commission for a few games due to a severe injury, so part timer Alan Tannatt had to take over. To be frank, Tannatt was only ever there for a last resort. This season, we've found a promising youth keeper so we're in a better situation to defend ourselves. Our main weakness is now our strikers, Dafydd Cross and Zack Ibbotson look like they could become great players, but I think we do need to get someone more experienced this season or next in order to boost our goals scored.

Our plan is to take it easy and not overstep our bounds. We don't expect to be promoted next season - we'd just be humiliated in the Middle League - but I think we can reach 4th or 5th. In 5 years time, I think we'll be ready to stand our ground in the Middle League.

Any final words...

We may not be much of a threat now, but when everyone performs their best (especially the manager, who has been slacking lately), we can hold our own against the best the Lower league has to offer. It may take a while, but we will become a force to be reckoned with.

Signs of an exciting turn around could be on the cards then for Cube and their fans, making the Lower League an interesting place to be for themselves and the newish teams around them. If the manager can stick with it and deliver on his promises, his team will no doubt be a force for the future providing the youth can live up to their potential.

The Inter View list:-

1. Haden

2. Coloccini

3. Madpool

4. Peeps

5. Eights (awaiting answers @Tales)

6. Balbuzards

7. Co-op

8. Fedex

9. Recall

10. bob

11. Cubic