N-Europe

Wii U VC

madeinbeats

Okay. I'm going to say something which I don't think people will like... But super Metroid bores me... I'm pretty positive I've gone further in that I should and now I can't get back up as it's a huge vertical shoot and th wall jump mechanic is awful... I've beaten that boss that fires out bits of what look like tree, then got the varia suit and headed into the heat area.... Which is an absolute maze, but all I want to do is find my way back to the earlier sections, died, and oh look.... I have to kill that stupid boss again..... Turn it off....

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There aren't any rooms that require wall jumping apart from the room that teaches you how to do it.

There are usually plenty of save points plus you have the save point feature...

Okay. I'm going to say something which I don't think people will like... But super Metroid bores me... I'm pretty positive I've gone further in that I should and now I can't get back up as it's a huge vertical shoot and th wall jump mechanic is awful... I've beaten that boss that fires out bits of what look like tree, then got the varia suit and headed into the heat area.... Which is an absolute maze, but all I want to do is find my way back to the earlier sections, died, and oh look.... I have to kill that stupid boss again..... Turn it off....

Save stations. Restore points.

It's the best game of all time son. Perfection. Oh and the wall jump mechanic is absolute beautiful; incredibly organic compared to say Mario/Rayman.

There aren't any rooms that require wall jumping apart from the room that teaches you how to do it.

There are usually plenty of save points plus you have the save point feature...

I haven't been taught it at all.... It's a room a bit before the boss that gives you the varia suit, loads of flying beasts (where I presume you need the ice beam to climb up (thanks NES remix 2)...

I think I was just frustarted.... Modern gaming has mad me me hate doing the same thing so get an do over again :)

I haven't been taught it at all.... It's a room a bit before the boss that gives you the varia suit, loads of flying beasts (where I presume you need the ice beam to climb up (thanks NES remix 2)...

I think I was just frustarted.... Modern gaming has mad me me hate doing the same thing so get an do over again :)

Go down (power bombs).

You only get taught how to wall jump in brinstar/jungle depths, where the little animal critters show you how to do it (closer to the end). You sound like you're very early in.

You just need to press the opposite direction to the wall you are jumping towards, you should see Samus lean out of the spin, you need to press jump at that point. It's pretty tricky to do in Super Metroid, but it isn't required.

You should keep at it though, it's a great game. It is frustrating to lose a lot of progress.

Super Metroid doesn't bore me, but I do agree it's a bit too "untouchable", to the point where the brilliance of subsequent 2D entries (Zero Mission and Fusion) wasn't fully appreciated.

Personally I think that Zero Mission is actually the best 2D Metroid anyway :p

Edited by Dcubed

Klonoa Empire of Dreams this week!? YES PLEASE! :D

I've always wanted to play that game! Love the original PS1 game and I've always wanted to play the GBA sequels :)

I'm VERY pleased. This was one of my most wanted potential GBA VC releases :D (Of course there are plenty more even before we get into the JPN only games; games like Ninja Cop, Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament, the MM Battle Network games, Boktai 1-3, River City Ransom GBA, Astro Boy: Omega Factor, Advance Guardian Heroes, Sigma Star Saga, Tactics Ogre: The Knights of Lodis, Mega Man & Bass and many more...)

Edited by Dcubed

Uhhh... Excuse me while I definitely NOT Google this game...

Seems pretty OK. Definitely a "Try before you buy" for me though.

I do have the original PS1 game (Door to Phantomile). You can always try it when you come round next (I reckon you'd like it ;) It's sort of like Kirby if it were more focused on the puzzles and less on the raw action)

admittedly I didn't play the GBA one that much but I wasn't a fan of what I did play. I love the PS1 title, the Wii remake and especially number 2 on PS2. In fact, I just can't wait to play the PS2 version much longer, I've waited so long for some sort of re-release on PSN and was hopeful (shortly after the Wii release) that number 2 may also get a remake but I don't see that happening now :p

Either way, as much as I like the Klonoa series, this is probably the one entry I wanted the least! As I said though, I didn't play much of the GBA game so I might just get it and give it another chance.

I'm VERY pleased. This was one of my most wanted potential GBA VC releases :D (Of course there are plenty more even before we get into the JPN only games; games like Ninja Cop, Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament, the MM Battle Network games, Boktai 1-3, River City Ransom GBA, Astro Boy: Omega Factor, Advance Guardian Heroes, Sigma Star Saga, Tactics Ogre: The Knights of Lodis, Mega Man & Bass and many more...)

I really want Ninja Cop too, and Double Dragon Advance. Want that last one a great deal.

Boktai wouldn't really work would it? Or do they have some sort of clock fallback?

Well there's nothing built into the game itself per-say, but they could always map the different strength levels of light to something else; could be the time of day, or what would be cool is if they used the IR sensor on the Gamepad/Wiimote to simulate the solar sensor. Have the player point the controller towards a light source and the more it causes the cursor to jitter (through IR interference), the stronger the effect of "sunlight"!)

The latter method would probably be quite hard to program though I would imagine... (failing that they could always make it user selectable - but that would just be lame...)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!