N-Europe

Wii U VC

madeinbeats

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know if you lose the access to your Wii version if you upgrade it to the Wii U? I know it seems silly to ask but you never know with Nintendo.

Of course you lose access to it! It's the NIntendo way!

I own most of those on wii vc, how can i make sure its linked so i can upgrade :) ?

I'm desperate to know this, it's launched in America so surely someone knows.

I don't want to have to transfer games to my wii u but I know I'll have to :(

Japan's launch lineup is so much better. :cry:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/software/vc/index.html

Once again, us baka gaijin are forced to gaze upon glory and weep :cry:

On the bright side, at least the early release of Kirby Superstar means that they've already got SA1 Chip games up and running on their Wii U SNES emulator, so hopefully it means that it won't be long for the other SA1 games to follow (and of course the Super FX games, that never came to Wii!)

Edited by Dcubed

I own most of those on wii vc, how can i make sure its linked so i can upgrade :) ?

Of course you lose access to it! It's the NIntendo way!

I'm desperate to know this, it's launched in America so surely someone knows.

I don't want to have to transfer games to my wii u but I know I'll have to :(

Looks like a transfer is required:

Transferring Wii Virtual Console titles

Players who have purchased the Wii version of a certain NES or SNES Virtual Console game and transferred it to their Wii U console will be able to buy the enhanced Wii U version of the same game for the reduced price of £0.99 for NES games and £1.49 for SNES games. Please visit our Support section for more information about Wii to Wii U system transfers.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Wii-U/Download-Content/Virtual-Console/Virtual-Console-751913.html

Once again, us baka gaijin are forced to gaze upon glory and weep :cry:

3 of those are due out next week and not tomorrow, it's still a better list.

If anyone gets Super Mario Picross can you tell me if you can use the touch screen. Because both me and my wife loved the DS versions, but the thought of using the D-Pad to play really puts me off?

Oh and is it just me; or is there no Virtual Console tab/button on the e-Shop? I had to go to recent releases to find them! Pretty poor IMO!

If anyone gets Super Mario Picross can you tell me if you can use the touch screen. Because both me and my wife loved the DS versions, but the thought of using the D-Pad to play really puts me off?

Oh and is it just me; or is there no Virtual Console tab/button on the e-Shop? I had to go to recent releases to find them! Pretty poor IMO!

Edit: I take back what I said, I completely forgot that Mario's Super Picross originally supported the SNES mouse, so it's perfectly possible for the touch screen to take its place!

Somebody let us know if it's supported!

Edited by Dcubed

Actually seeing people moaning about the Wii U VC because they don't have online added, or achievements, and that the games aren't worth buying as they're easily available on an emulator

Sooo basically the same crowd who complained about the Wii VC? Although to be fair, it's stupid that they didn't have any custom button mapping options on the Wii or 3DS. It's a much appreciated addition :)

Sooo basically the same crowd who complained about the Wii VC? Although to be fair, it's stupid that they didn't have any custom button mapping options on the Wii or 3DS. It's a much appreciated addition :)

These people don't get the difference between emulation and remakes/enhanced ports

These people don't get the difference between emulation and remakes/enhanced ports

True, but sadly a lot of them (even amongst the ones who know the difference) just don't care about the original experience of classic games, nor their preservation.

These are the same people who would choose ZSNES or SNES 9x over BSNES/Higan and who would happily download pirated versions of every game they can find, rather than rip their own carts using something like Retrode.

Different strokes for different folks ::shrug:

I want to get excited about the Wii U Virtual Console, but when I already have a Wii equipped to run pretty much any GBA/NES/SNES/Genesis game it's pretty tough to care.

I'm used to emulating games I want from previous generations. You can enable net play and get way more out of them than Nintendo are offering at an actual cost.

Want me to shell out for a forth copy of Super Mario World, Nintendo? Implement cross buy/play with the 3DS and start linking my digital purchases to an account. Seriously. How are these things not a feature ye- oh yeah, Nintendo.

Edited by Guy

Or you could just... not buy it and continue playing one of the other versions you own?

Want offscreen play? Pretty sure you can get that a copy on the GBA for less than the price of the Wii U Virtual Console version.

Highly doubt it, remember the touch screen activates the VC menu. I'll check later but I wouldn't build my hopes up.

Been playing Super Mario World all morning, been wanting to play it since I watched the Game Center CX episode recently. Might be time to break out the Wii SNES controller.

To be honest, playing SMW now I realised I do think that NSMBU is just as good.

I'm the same. Put off because of the controls. No chance in hell it'll have touch screen controls. It's mean to have good puzzles so I might try it, annoying though.

Congrats Nintendo for fudging up the vc for those who already bought the games, I want to keep my wii seperate to U,

Now I'm going to have to pay £5.49 for mario grr

At least you have the option to transfer from Wii to Wii U. I have a US Wii, so I'm completely sod out of luck!

I'm only gonna bother getting select games that I REALLY want to play on my Gamepad, like Super Mario World and Super Ghouls N' Ghosts (as well as the games that I don't already own, like Mario's Super Picross and Earthbound)

I can live without having Gamepad support for multiplayer focused games like Mario Tennis 64, or games like Star Tropics and Ocarina of Time (3DS version fills that role for me anyway)

Congrats Nintendo for fudging up the vc for those who already bought the games, I want to keep my wii seperate to U,

Now I'm going to have to pay £5.49 for mario grr

Why do you HAVE to pay £5.49 for Mario, why do you need another copy of Mario? I won't ask why you want to keep your wii seperate to the Wii U, but seems pointless from here.

At least you have the option to transfer from Wii to Wii U. I have a US Wii, so I'm completely sod out of luck!

I'm only gonna bother getting select games that I REALLY want to play on my Gamepad, like Super Mario World and Super Ghouls N' Ghosts (as well as the games that I don't already own, like Mario's Super Picross and Earthbound)

I can live without having Gamepad support for multiplayer focused games like Mario Tennis 64, or games like Star Tropics and Ocarina of Time (3DS version fills that role for me anyway)

Same with me. I have a Japanese wii so can't transfer anything.

Tested MPS and the answer is an unsurprising no on the touch screen front.

The game is also mostly in Japanese, for some of the puzzles I have no idea what it's meant to be.

Still, it's Picross so a lot of fun, however it isn't as friendly as the DS/3DS games (doesn't grey out the numbers if you did it right for example).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!