N-Europe

Wii U VC

madeinbeats

Hmm. That is over priced, especially as it's more than snes games and they're cheaper than snes games in japan... Shame. They're almost slightly too expensive for an impulse buy. Definitely won't be getting any games that were part of the 3ds ambassador programme

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah got the press release and see it now:

Basically

NES

Japan: 500¥

UK: £3.49

Europe: €4.99

SNES

Japan: 800¥

UK: £5.49

Europe: €7.99

GameBoy

Japan: 400¥

UK: £3.19

Europe: €4.49

GameBoy Color

Japan: 600¥

UK: £4.49

Europe: €5.99

GameBoy Advance

Japan: 702¥

UK: £6.29

Europe: €6.99

UK getting screwed.

Yeah got the press release and see it now:

Basically

NES

Japan: 500¥

UK: £3.49

Europe: €4.99

SNES

Japan: 800¥

UK: £5.49

Europe: €7.99

GameBoy

Japan: 400¥

UK: £3.19

Europe: €4.49

GameBoy Color

Japan: 600¥

UK: £4.49

Europe: €5.99

GameBoy Advance

Japan: 702¥

UK: £6.29

Europe: €6.99

UK getting screwed.

For arguments sake what about the US prices?

WTF!? UK gets reamed in comparison to everyone else! :mad:

The games are all still well worth it though. Still way cheaper than their cartridge counterparts and really, who can complain about getting Golden Sun and Advance Wars for just a little over 6 quid?

Personally I'm just happy to finally see these classics get a proper re-release for a whole new generation to experience properly (finally! No more risk of picking up a counterfeit cart on eBay!) I really envy those people getting to play these for the first time! Some of the best games ever made right there in that first month! A killer lineup that only a fool would miss out on! :D

Edited by Dcubed

But our snes prices are decent comparatively. I think it's our cheaper snes prices which are confusing the issue rather than GBA being more expansive (comparing with Europe), japan is always cheaper but don't think Britain are getting screwed specifically.

They are annoying prices. God knows what sd games are going to be, or GameCube game would be (like it's every coming!)

NES - £2.49

Gameboy - £2.49

GBC - £2.99

SNES - £3.99

GBA - £3.99

N64 - £5.99

GameCube - £7.99

DS - £7.99

For me these would be perfect prices. I'd impulse buy the fuck out of loads more games than I do now!

US price for GBA titles isn't known so it's not fair to do comparisons, but I think you just have to replace € for $

hmmmmm funny that....

US prices are $6.99 or $7.99 depending on the game.

So still expensive, regardless of the conversion etc... I would never pay $7.99 for a GBA game. Basically works out at $9.03 after tax which is 4.88 in GBP. So yes still "cheaper" but still a rip off...

The prices are above impulse buy. I've always hated how Europe gets screwed, swapping $ for € is not right. Would a bank do that for you? Not a chance. I'm not paying €8 for Super Mario Kart. I have my SNES and cartridges if I want to play these. Not to mention they're 20 years old. It's exploitative and it's not good enough. If I was so inclined I could download any of these for free.

US prices are $6.99 or $7.99 depending on the game.

See this is not fair. $8 is €5.80. The same with $7, that's about €5. What's their excuse? Not that they'll ever answer that. None of these games should be more than €5. 10 and 20 year old games respectively. Wth?

I was excited, until I saw the price.

They must be joking, seriously? They deserve low sales if they're gonna be this greedy with their prices. Maybe if they'd have made even the slightest effort I could understand, but from what I can tell all they've done is make Miiverse communities.

They didn't even bother to patch in the multiplayer modes they once had. They're selling 32-bit games that are 10 years old or more, that are no longer portable, lacking features that they originally had such as multiplayer, and still charging over £5 - When it's one of the easiest consoles to emulate in the world. Good luck with that.

I think impulse buy is the key point here..I'd never spend anywhere close to that amount on an impulse purchase.

I've never really played mobile games and I have no idea what a humble bumble is, but I wouldn't buy a VC game at that price simply because I would feel that Nintendo would be laughing at me for spending that much on an old game, especially when newer games are available on most systems for much less.

Well that's weird, NES games are still 4,99€ here as well...

Regarding the prices, well let's just say that I've bought quite a lot of 2-5€ NES and GB games, but not a single SNES game. Still, I don't think the prices are that bad, I mean try buying these games from online auctions and see what you're gonna have to pay...plus no restore points, miiverse sharing, tablet play etc.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!