NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Yes it is the end of December. I managed to get what will probably be my last code last week.

Picked up Golden Sun: The Lost Age yesterday and had a quick blast after Mario Kart. Love these games and look forward to putting some more time into it over the weekend.

The VC has been in overdrive lately and I've got quite a backlog of GBA games to get through, with a couple of SNES games waiting in the wings as well.

When does the digital points promotion end? Is it the end of December? I'm think about going all out and buying all the games I'm after on the VC before the promotion goes bye bye.

You're right, it's the end of December it ends - so go and stock up while you can! ;)

Yes it is the end of December. I managed to get what will probably be my last code last week.

You're right, it's the end of December it ends - so go and stock up while you can! ;)

Cheers, fellas.

It's such a shame it's coming to an end. It's a great little promotion and even though I go retail over digital, I do buy a lot of VC and eShop offerings, which all add up nicely. I think I must have had about £20-£25 off the promotion. Not too shabby.

Cheers, fellas.

It's such a shame it's coming to an end. It's a great little promotion and even though I go retail over digital, I do buy a lot of VC and eShop offerings, which all add up nicely. I think I must have had about £20-£25 off the promotion. Not too shabby.

Yeah, it's a damn shame. It's a great promotion!

I've saved a ton with it! Really wish they'd reconsider :(

Yeah I may go shop crazy before he end of the year too...

As for Golden Sun, I've never played one, did we get the first in the ambassador project?

Yeah I may go shop crazy before he end of the year too...

As for Golden Sun, I've never played one, did we get the first in the ambassador project?

No, this is the first time it has ever been re-released.

The following GBA games were in the 3DS Ambassador Promotion...

Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3

Wario Land 4

Wario Ware: Minigame Mania

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Metroid Fusion

Mario vs. Donkey Kong

Mario Kart: Super Circuit

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity

Kirby & the Amazing Mirror

I've completely forgot about that digital points promotion.....vouchers best not expire

They do but after the end of the promotion (March or May 2015 I think).

Once they are on your account though its just like normal money.

Edit: It was a good promotion. I liked the fact that DLC counts towards it as well (*) which meant I had one more voucher than I would otherwise have got.

(* Why wouldn't it? Well Nintendo.)

No we didn't but we did get the first game on the Wii U VC some months ago way back in mid April, worth buying both... sequel is superior from what I remember.

I've completely forgot about that digital points promotion.....vouchers best not expire

They don't immediately but it would be a good idea to at least 'claim' your points turning them into codes before the end of the year, this extends the expiration date until possibly the end of 2015 from what I can recall.

No we didn't but we did get the first game on the Wii U VC some months ago way back in mid April, worth buying both... sequel is superior from what I remember.

Do bear in mind that The Lost Age isn't your typical "sequel"...

Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age are two parts of one big game. It is literally one massive game split across two cartridges and GSTLA starts exactly where the first part left off.

Do bear in mind that The Lost Age isn't your typical "sequel"...

Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age are two parts of one big game. It is literally one massive game split across two cartridges and GSTLA starts exactly where the first part left off.

Much like Camelot done with Shining Force 3. Not getting parts 2 and 3 still hurts to this day. :(

Okay, so both Golden Sun's are already on GBA VC? Perfect, definitely pick them up. Always wanted to play them. Was the DS Golden Sun any good?

Okay, so both Golden Sun's are already on GBA VC? Perfect, definitely pick them up. Always wanted to play them. Was the DS Golden Sun any good?

The DS one is ok, but a huge disappointment after the stellar GBA games.

It still follows the same gameplay format and it's still good, but it is a notable step down from the GBA games in most respects IMO.

When does the digital points promotion end? Is it the end of December? I'm think about going all out and buying all the games I'm after on the VC before the promotion goes bye bye.

Thanks for the reminder, had a £5 code just sat there.

I'm only 11 points short of being eligable but I haven't really come across something I have wanted to buy in order to take me over the threshold. As the offer ends on 31/12/2014, I'm hoping something comes up before then or I'll just end up getting something else in order to take advantage. It would be nice to see Duck Hunt appear before Christmas as I've never played it before. That would definitely take me over as I only need to spend a couple of pound :heh:

Does the £5 have to be used on Wii U or will it be added to the eShop account for use on either Wii U or 3DS?

I'm only 11 points short of being eligable but I haven't really come across something I have wanted to buy in order to take me over the threshold. As the offer ends on 31/12/2014, I'm hoping something comes up before then or I'll just end up getting something else in order to take advantage. It would be nice to see Duck Hunt appear before Christmas as I've never played it before. That would definitely take me over as I only need to spend a couple of pound :heh:

Does the £5 have to be used on Wii U or will it be added to the eShop account for use on either Wii U or 3DS?

There's only one eShop wallet now :)

There's only one eShop wallet now :)

Thanks! I know they're linked now but I wasn't sure what way this particular code would work given that it's a Wii U promotion specifically :heh:

May well invest it in the Mario Golf World Tour DLC when the time comes :hehe:

If you don't redeem them before the promotion is over then they expire. so they won't have done yet, but collect them before it's too late! once you've redeemed a voucher and the credit is in your account, it won't expire.

So up until Dec. 30th 2014 to collect, then you have to get the voucher codes and credit your account by mid 2015. I'm planning on redeeming everything asap in 2015 to be sure not to lose anything - I'll only have £5-10 left though, I've been redeeming them pretty regularly

I just checked the Nintendo Network Premium site and I had a code waiting for me. :)

Just checked and that's my sixth £5 code since getting a Wii U nearly two years ago, being that you need to spend around just over £50 to get one £5 code it's effectively a 10% discount over time which has been immensely appreciated up to this point as it actually feels like you're at least getting something back; in my case it's £30 back for spending over £300 over two years and it just goes straight back into buying more awesome games so there's no real downside to it. ::shrug:

That's a point... the £5 credit vouchers earned go right back onto the eShop so in theory say if you'd spent £500 and Nintendo ended up giving you £50 in total in £5 vouchers then if you were in turn to spend that again in time on the eShop then technically you'd be getting more free eShop credit on top of your already complimentary credit so it gets to the point of Nintendo actually paying you to take their games away. :heh:

Seriously though it's a really good promotion and I hope they decide to keep it on or extend it, if not perhaps taking to Miiverse and starting a campaign to bring it back is in order? : peace:

Glad to see my question has nudged a few of you to check out your own credit. It's even better to see that a few of you had credit waiting. :D

Traded a bunch of stuff in today at GAME and picked up a couple of £15 eShop top ups.

Decided to have a VC weekend and clear some of my backlog. First up, Megaman VII.

Looks like I had a £5 code too! :yay:

That'll be my 5th, not bad... Dat MK8 deal. ;) ;)

Would definitely like to see this promo return, and also extended to include 3DS eShop purchases.

Considering the high pricing of retail downloads on the eShop there should definitely be some kind of discount/reward system in place. Will be interesting to see what they do...

Got a £5 voucher from Smash so it's essentially £45 which helps a bit, still not as cheap as retail but worth it to have it on the console all the time. I hope they do decide to extend it.

Got a £5 voucher from Smash so it's essentially £45 which helps a bit, still not as cheap as retail but worth it to have it on the console all the time. I hope they do decide to extend it.

If you got a download code from Game, you would've ended up effectively paying £35... (Download Code = £40, plus you get £50 worth of NNP points - Yes you do get the full RRP value worth of points, even if you got the download code for cheaper, or for free... Yes, the free codes given out during the MK8 poromotion gave £50 worth of points too ;))

Gonna really miss that promotion :(

I know lots of people dislike GAME, but I always check their d/l code prices. smash Wii U is £39.99, which isn't a terrible price.. and the game would still be d/l on the console.

I presume the premium bonus won't apply, I've only ever used them for 3ds codes so don't know from experience, but a saving of £10 is surely worth the sacrifice of not earning a small portion of credit towards a £5 off voucher...