NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Could you not just press down twice to fall down that thin platform? It looked like you could have and that's usually how it works on Kirby games.

.............maybe............

Playing through the SNES kirby game, can't remember which one, the one with loads of little games on it... Bit of a weird game to be honest. Is it really as slight as it seems? Disappointed the running game isn't multiplayer :(

FunPak/Superstar? As with many Kirby games it isn't neccessarily the most difficult of games(though 100% presents a minor challenge iirc). Is the running game the Great Gourmet race? If so I thought that was totes two player! Sure it was on the original at least...

Yeah, I noticed on Miiverse that you got stuck. :D

I'm playing Dream World 3 at the moment, after picking it up when it was on sale. I've never played this one as I didn't fall in love with Kirby until the N64 game.

I'm really enjoying it and I'm just doing a world a day, which means I should be finished it tomorrow. Wonder how hard 100% is on this one? @Dcubed, our resident Kirby expert, any ideas?

Say what you want about the Kirby games being easy, but there is no denying just how good the music is in all of the Kirby games. This one is no different and I once again find myself bopping away to the music as I play. They are such happy games and a real joy to play.

Is that the one with the animal/friends and a little halfway puzzle thing? Handrawnish style? Iirc I struggled to get a couple of those done for the 100% myself. I think a number of Kirby games tend to have just one or two relatively quite challenging little things to hold back from the 100%.

Edited by Rummy

Is that the one with the animal/friends and a little halfway puzzle thing? Handrawnish style? Iirc I struggled to get a couple of those done for the 100% myself. I think a number of Kirby games tend to have just one or two relatively quite challenging little things to hold back from the 100%.

Dunno what you mean by the puzzle thing but all of the rest of it sounds right. :)

FunPak/Superstar? As with many Kirby games it isn't neccessarily the most difficult of games(though 100% presents a minor challenge iirc). Is the running game the Great Gourmet race? If so I thought that was totes two player! Sure it was on the original at least...

But this is the original. It is a two player game, but as far as I can see it's only against the computer, the only multiplayer games are the sword fighting one and the karate chop one

Getting 100% takes a while in KSS if you don't use a guide. There are some really cleverly hidden treasure chests in Great Cave Offensive and abilities in Milky Way Wishes :)

Kirby's Dreamland 3 however can be just downright obtuse with some of its per-stage tasks! I wouldn't begrudge you taking to Miiverse for the answers ;)

Dunno what you mean by the puzzle thing but all of the rest of it sounds right. :)

Aha, wasn't sure - you confused me calling it World! I have to second the sentiments that Kirby isn't always the most challenging, but I find them to be beautiful games both visual and sound.

But this is the original. It is a two player game, but as far as I can see it's only against the computer, the only multiplayer games are the sword fighting one and the karate chop one

Most likely I'm misremembering then, or it was possibly a PAL only thing. Sadly my SNES/this game are still in my parents' house I think so can check - internet isn't yielding anything useful so I'm probably just wrong.

Getting 100% takes a while in KSS if you don't use a guide. There are some really cleverly hidden treasure chests in Great Cave Offensive and abilities in Milky Way Wishes :)

Kirby's Dreamland 3 however can be just downright obtuse with some of its per-stage tasks! I wouldn't begrudge you taking to Miiverse for the answers ;)

I think there was only one treasure I couldn't find in GCO, and I turned to the good ol' Nintendo hotline back in the day I think. There is also one thing I recall in Milky Way Wishes, quite well hidden in more ways than one - think that ended up being my suspicion and another call to the Nintendo hotline!

These darn spoilt kids and their internet in their pockets!

Anyhow. Now I'm totes going to crack on with a bit of SS methinks :D

I finished Kirby's Dream Land 3 over the weekend. Here's my Miiverse adventures.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Think i'll start Super Punch-Out next.

@Dcubed do you play like 10 games at the same time? I was looking at your miiverse posts and its like your jumping from game to game. :D

I finished Kirby's Dream Land 3 over the weekend. Here's my Miiverse adventures.

Think i'll start Super Punch-Out next.

@Dcubed do you play like 10 games at the same time? I was looking at your miiverse posts and its like your jumping from game to game. :D

Recently I have been playing quite a few. I'm trying to limit myself, but oftentimes the tempation to replay old favourites of mine becomes overwhelming; especially when they hit the VC!

My backlog is gigantic and I've had to force myself to start playing one new one every week because I simply couldn't decide what to play through next; the selection is so big that Choice Paralysis just stopped me from playing anything at all! In terms of unplayed games, I've started playing one new game every Friday ever since the beginning of August (which I figured out is big enough to keep me going constantly until the end of March next year - and that's not including upcoming games either!).

I'm gonna have to stop taking on more games to re-play soon, because I'm just gonna get overwhelmed again soon enough! But as much as I want to play through my backlog list in the order that I've set out for myself (yes I've actually set myself a schedule, that's how sad I am :p ), I'm also the kind of guy who needs to be in the mood to play something in particular - so it's often the case that a particular game just happens to grab my interest at that point in time and before I know it, bam! That's another one that I'm playing at the same time :laughing:

Right now I'm playing through Denpa Men 2 (and getting my arse handed to me constantly, so it's a very slow burn... That's why Denpa Men 3 is the very last game on my backlog schedule! :laughing:), Kirby Triple Deluxe (only just started it a couple of days ago and it's even better than I had hoped for! :D ), Etrian Odyssey 4 (see Denpa Men 2 and apply everything here too...), Prof Layton Vs Ace Attorney (started that one a couple of weeks ago, but I've been getting distracted from it and haven't gotten very far; only done the first 2 chapters - not really been in the mood to play it despite enjoying it so far...), Weapon Shop de Omasse/BugsVSTanks/The Starship Damrey (decent enough, but I'm not enjoying them as much as the other Guild games), Mario Golf Advance Tour (not on my list, but I couldn't resist another playthrough when it hit the VC!), Fire Emblem GBA (see Mario Golf Advance Tour), Ex Troopers on PS3 (never expected it to go on sale on the JPN PSN, so it took me by surprise to finally be able to get it for a decent price; great game BTW! And perfectly playable without any Japanese knowledge :D) and Pop N' Twinbee: Rainbow Bell Adventures (started playing it about 3 weeks ago, but haven't been in the mood to play it much. Nice game though :) )

There's also a set of go-to games that I'll be playing on and off as well (Mario Golf World Tour, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Mario Strikers Charged etc), but they don't really count ;)

Edited by Dcubed

Haha! Sounds like you have your hands full. You're the complete opposite to me. :D

I usually limit myself to one game per console at a time. I then power through that game and then hit the next one on the list. I find I get through a lot more games that way, rather than chopping and changing between a few.

If i'm trying to clear a backlog I do what you do though and have a kind of schedule. Like at the moment I wanted to finish all my retail PS4 games before Destiny hits. All that's left to do is Watch Dogs ( finished the story over the weekend, just mopping up trophies for the platinum now ) and I will be set for Tuesday. By having these kind of goals it keeps me focused.

In terms of the Wii U it's certainly easier to keep on top of things due to the lack of games at a regular pace. I mean i've finished all the retail games that I want to play so all that's left is to play what ever gets released on the VC.

Whelp! Looks like Super Mario Ball is our Wii U VC game this week...

At least I don't need to worry about adding another game to my backlog! :laughing:Cause this game is insultingly terrible... Hard to believe that it's made by the same guys who made Metroid Prime Pinball! :o

Best Pinball game ever, much better than the Pokémon ones.

Day 1

You must be joking, please tell me that you're joking...

You're not, aren't you... :cry:

This is one of the worst pinball games I've ever played! The physics are utterly horrific! And don't even get me started on the terrible table designs...

To even dare call it better than the two Pokemon Pinball games (from YOU of all people!) is just...

Ben_Keane.png

Edited by Dcubed

You must be joking, please tell me that you're joking...

You're not, aren't you... :cry:

This is one of the worst pinball games I've ever played! The physics are utterly horrific! And don't even get me started on the terrible table designs...

To even dare call it better than the two Pokemon Pinball games (from YOU of all people!) is just...

Ben_Keane.png

Just messing with you :p

Never actually played it. I will though, always wanted to.

Just messing with you :p

Never actually played it. I will though, always wanted to.

relief.gif

That was a close one! Your taste in games can be... questionable sometimes ;) (After all, you did skip out on Earthbound while it was on sale and you did say that you liked Sonic 06...)

relief.gif

That was a close one! Your taste in games can be... questionable sometimes ;) (After all, you did skip out on Earthbound while it was on sale and you did say that you liked Sonic 06...)

Earthbound is a turn-based game. I dislike turn-based games.

And I liked the Silver levels in Sonic 06. The others were horrific.

Mario Ball? That sounds strangely familiar...

Oh no... Wait a second...

tumblr_lkf9hxEJVR1qjabnao1_500.gif

I'M GETTING FLASHBACKS!

Take it from someone who got the game for free when he bought Mario VS Donkey Kong.

You do NOT want this utter crap disgracing your WiiU menu!

Heed the wise words of @Glen\-i for I too have experienced the true horror that is Super Mario Ball first hand and it is truly awful, so you can bet that no eShop funds will be wasted on such vileness when I come to review it. :heh:

I'd probably even hesitate to download it for free if we get a code for it, indeed it would be sods law for Nintendo to suddenly decide 'Oh here have this on us!' for the one week that such a trashy game is released and then go back to forgetting we exist again. :indeed:

In fairness though I am playing catch-up but this has been going on for a long time so I just buy the games that I actually want in my collection, in any case I seem to have played all the truly terrible titles in the past by coincidence so no need to suffer them again. :blank:

Currently playing Fire Emblem which incidentally I never got to play the first time - only ever purchased Sacred Stones on the GBA - and I'm loving every minute! : peace:

The US just got Megaman 7 on the VC. I've just checked to see if we got it as well. It appears we didn't. :(

Yeah, it's complete bull! :mad:

We had better get MMX-3 and MM7 together next week...

Life Force this week :D

Another one that never came to the Wii VC in Europe!

To hell with that! Where's my Megaman 7/X3?

OMG! The US get Castlevania Dracula X on October 2nd!?

Shibata!!! PLEASE!!!! It's one of only two 2D CV games I've never played! (not counting the garbage GB ones)

Just Nobunaga's Ambition SNES this week... But hey! At least it's a game that never got released on the Wii VC in Europe!

I remember reading just a few days ago about how Mario Pinball was actually a pretty solid game and the graphics were great for the time too.

They must have been being sarcastic and I just didn't realise ... that or it was on the official Nintendo website or something :P I'm fairly into pinball games so could have quite easily been tricked into getting it! I'm thankful I read this thread!