NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Is @Blade bad at games then? :)

Nope, I wouldn't say i'm bad at them. Just average probably compared to you hardcore lot. Depends what genre it is. FPS is probably my weakest which is what i ironically tend to play the most of in respect of multiplayer.

On the other hand I became very good at Monster Hunter.

It's now been a few times Zechs has commented upon my playing ability. "You wouldn't enjoy this as it will be too difficult for you". I don't really know where he gets this from. Obviously he just enjoys putting me down or something :)

Did you delete me?

Indeed. Got rid of most of the people on my friends list the other month after getting sick of this place. I think I kept like 7 people on it.

Indeed. Got rid of most of the people on my friends list the other month after getting sick of this place. I think I kept like 7 people on it.

Aww, now I feel special because you kept me on it :blush:

Miiverse can be a cool place if you go to the right communities. The Virtual Console game communities tend to have some pretty cool people posting there who actually have some nice insight (especially in the European ones, where lots of people are knowledgable about import games, version & localisation differences etc). The Japanese ones are cool too if you can stumble onto people there that understand English :) ). It's also really nice seeing people there playing these games for the first time (and they're usually pretty active too, so if you get stuck, people are usually pretty quick to help; which is pretty cool) and talking about what they like/don't like about classic games. It's also great for sharing high scores too! (The SMK and F-zero SNES communities have a pretty active time trial competitive side to them :) ) - or in the case of games like Advance Wars or Golden Sun, a nice way of sharing user made content like custom maps and passwords.

The communities for the big games like MK8 are usually a waste of time though. Not only are they full of stupid kids, but they move so fast that you never really get much conversation going there anyway (though you do get the occasional funny caption - provided that you wade through the garbage... Unless you have the cool people on your activity feed, in which case you can see the good stuff without going through all the pap ;) )

Then there are THOSE communities... Like Funky Barn and Life with Horses 3D (ALL HAIL WHITEHEART!!! WE BELIEVE IN YOU AND YOUR HORSE!!!). They're just plain funny :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed

Aww, now I feel special because you kept me on it :blush:

I'm pretty sure you got deleted as well.

I would love to see a country filter on Miiverse. Not just JAP/EU/US, I would prefer a filter for each of the bigger countries. There's been far too many times where i'm looking for something interesting to read and have to trawl through a bunch of posts that are written in a foreign language.

Oh, never mind. Turns out that I was just following you on Miiverse. You are indeed gone from my friends list.

I would love to see a country filter on Miiverse. Not just JAP/EU/US, I would prefer a filter for each of the bigger countries. There's been far too many times where i'm looking for something interesting to read and have to trawl through a bunch of posts that are written in a foreign language.

You can actually make it so that Miiverse only shows posts made in your own language. It's an option in Miiverse settings (you can't do it from web Miiverse though, only from a Wii U/3DS console).

Edited by Dcubed

Nope, I wouldn't say i'm bad at them. Just average probably compared to you hardcore lot. Depends what genre it is. FPS is probably my weakest which is what i ironically tend to play the most of in respect of multiplayer.

There's no shame in being bad at NES games, especially Mega Man! The only one I've played is Mega Man 9 (OK, WiiWare rather than NES) and it's the hardest game I've ever played.

Whoah, H-o-T. Harsh. :laughing:

Dude.. I'd have enjoyed seeing those posts : peace:

Super Punch-Out!! is excellent, probably the best in the series :smile: I'm impressed to see you taking care of the Special Circuit. I lost to Hoy Quarlow a few too many times and haven't been back to it since. I dread to think how bad I'll be when I eventually attempt it again :eek:

You can actually make it so that Miiverse only shows posts made in your own language. It's an option in Miiverse settings (you can't do it from web Miiverse though, only from a Wii U/3DS console).

Thanks for this. Just had a gander and found the setting. I can finally just read stuff from the UK or at least stuff in English! :yay:

Breath of Fire 1 for SNES this week!

Not only is it the first time that the SNES version has ever been re-released, but it is also technically the first actual western Square Enix VC release (on either Wii U OR 3DS) of this generation too! :D (Square Enix co-own the rights to the SNES version of BOF1 - which is why it has never been re-released until now)

Now, if only we could get them to allow the same thing for Lufia 1 & 2 as well... (Like with BOF 1, they also co-own the rights to Lufia 1 & 2 on SNES...)

Oh and 3DS gets treated to POKEMON MOTHER FUCKING PUZZLE CHALLENGE!!!! too! (pretty much all of you should know by now that I am a MASSIVE Puzzle League/PDP fan, so this VC release is a very big deal for me! :D )

Edited by Dcubed

Breath of Fire 1 for SNES this week!

Not only is it the first time that the SNES version has ever been re-released, but it is also technically the first actual western Square Enix VC release (on either Wii U OR 3DS) of this generation too! :D (Square Enix co-own the rights to the SNES version of BOF1 - which is why it has never been re-released until now)

Now, if only we could get them to allow the same thing for Lufia 1 & 2 as well... (Like with BOF 1, they also co-own the rights to Lufia 1 & 2 on SNES...)

Oh and 3DS gets treated to POKEMON MOTHER FUCKING PUZZLE CHALLENGE!!!! too! (pretty much all of you should know by now that I am a MASSIVE Puzzle League/PDP fan, so this VC release is a very big deal for me! :D )

Tempted by both. I loved Pokemon puzzle league on the... N64 was it? Or GAMECUBE? But the Pokemon puzzle game on the 3ds is the worst monstrosity I've ever had the misfortune to play. Which one is this closer to?

Tempted by both. I loved Pokemon puzzle league on the... N64 was it? Or GAMECUBE? But the Pokemon puzzle game on the 3ds is the worst monstrosity I've ever had the misfortune to play. Which one is this closer to?

N64. This one is designed around Gold and Silver instead of the anime.

This one is better because it has more Totodile! This is truth and fact.

Computers are utter cheats, due to the fact that they do whatever chain they like, whenever they like.

Brilliant game though. Even without multiplayer.

Pokemon Puzzle League was an N64 game (incidentally, there WAS actually a Puzzle League game released on the GameCube, in the Japanese only Nintendo Puzzle Collection though - and incidentally, it's also my favourite game in the Puzzle League series :D), Pokemon Puzzle Challenge is a GBC counterpart to the N64 game (and personally, I actually prefer it to the N64 game myself. Despite the technical limitations, and the lack of many of the N64 game's modes - it's just much more polished overall; plus it introduced the Garbage Mode, which is a lot of fun despite the unfortunate name :)).

The 3DS game you're thinking of is Pokemon Link Battle, which is completely unrelated to the Puzzle League series and not even worthy of being featured in the same sentence as Panel de Pon/Puzzle League!

Edited by Dcubed

Yeah, the N64 one was godlike. I played the hell out of that version. I used to rock along to all the anime songs that played on it. :D

I tackled another game on my VC backlog on Saturday. The game I chose was The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. I finished it last night, although I actually defeated the final boss a day or two earlier. I spent the next day or so just trying to get all the figurines!

Here's my usual Miiverse adventures. It's a long one!

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

I honestly love this Zelda game. The dungeons are fantastic, the art style gorgeous, the overworld vast and interesting and it had an amazing lineup of NPCs.

Fantastic game. :bowdown:

Yeah, Minish Cap is really underrated! A massive improvement over the Oracles games in every single way!

It's a shame that it doesn't get the dues it deserves really. Just like the DS Zelda games, it gets forgotten amongst the other games in the series and that's just not fair!

Yeah, Minish Cap is really underrated! A massive improvement over the Oracles games in every single way!

It's a shame that it doesn't get the dues it deserves really. Just like the DS Zelda games, it gets forgotten amongst the other games in the series and that's just not fair!

Well, I wouldn't say "every single way". The oracle games do have a grander scale.

But yeah, it's always good to see lesser known Zeldas get recognition.

On the other hand I became very good at Monster Hunter.

It's now been a few times Zechs has commented upon my playing ability. "You wouldn't enjoy this as it will be too difficult for you". I don't really know where he gets this from. Obviously he just enjoys putting me down or something :)

You did get very good at Monster Hunter. I would pay good money to watch you play The Adventure of Link... GOOD MONEY.

Well, I wouldn't say "every single way". The oracle games do have a grander scale.

But yeah, it's always good to see lesser known Zeldas get recognition.

Well yeah, that's true. The Oracles games are far more grandiose and wider in scope - to the point where they spread themselves far too thin really.

Minish Cap is the polar opposite. It's small in scope and highly compact, crammed to bursting point with secrets and surprises in every nook and cranny - it's the same design philosophy that would go on to inspire Skyward Sword (which, incidentally was directed by the same person as who directed Minish Cap - Hidemaro Fujibayashi - and was also joined by most of the same staff who used to work at Flagship on the "Capcom Zeldas" before Flagship was shuttered and most of the staff absorbed by EAD and HAL), with the two games sharing a LOT in common!

It's the difference between having butter scraped over too much bread vs having a single crumpet slathered in it! (ok, maybe not butter per-say, because the latter is just gross - but you get the idea :p ).

The Kinstone system is also a little stroke of genius as it encourages you to explore, provides ample supply of worthwhile rewards for exploring and completing side quests (of which there are many, MANY of them! :D ) and is always exciting because you never know what each one is going to make happen!

My only real disappointment in it is the somewhat over-reliance on existing characters/enemies/tropes from past games and the lack of difficulty overall.

Minish Cap is the polar opposite. It's small in scope and highly compact, crammed to bursting point with secrets and surprises in every nook and cranny.

Totally agree with this. It just felt well suited to a handheld and it never tried to have a massive overworld just for the sake of it. It felt like everything had it's place.

It's the difference between having butter scraped over too much bread vs having a single crumpet slathered in it! (ok, maybe not butter per-say, because the latter is just gross - but you get the idea :p ).

Great, now i'm hungry! Roll on lunch break. :D

The Kinstone system is also a little stroke of genius as it encourages you to explore, provides ample supply of worthwhile rewards for exploring and completing side quests (of which there are many, MANY of them! :D ) and is always exciting because you never know what each one is going to make happen!

Yeah, as I mentioned in my Miiverse post, the Kinstone sidequest is brilliant for making the player explore the world and get to know all the NPCs. Love it.

Well yeah, that's true. The Oracles games are far more grandiose and wider in scope - to the point where they spread themselves far too thin really.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on that. The only places in those games one could call "thin" or "empty" are mazes. I felt like there was always something to see.

Seeing as I dislike butter, I'm glad we can agree that it is gross :heh:

I agree on pretty much everything else you have to say about Minish Cap, though I think difficulty is not much of an issue in Zelda games.

(Phantom Hourglass is the only game in the series I can call "too easy", and that's more because of the bare-bones puzzles.)

Shadow of the Ninja/Blue Shadow this week! This is a must buy for me. I used to play this round my mates house as a kid and I haven't played it since then. I look forward to seeing how it holds up.

Shadow of the Ninja/Blue Shadow this week! This is a must buy for me. I used to play this round my mates house as a kid and I haven't played it since then. I look forward to seeing how it holds up.

That plus Crash ‘n the Boys Street Challenge and S.C.A.T as well this week :)

Natsume and Arc System Works are bringin' da heat! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on that. The only places in those games one could call "thin" or "empty" are mazes. I felt like there was always something to see.

Seeing as I dislike butter, I'm glad we can agree that it is gross :heh:

I agree on pretty much everything else you have to say about Minish Cap, though I think difficulty is not much of an issue in Zelda games.

(Phantom Hourglass is the only game in the series I can call "too easy", and that's more because of the bare-bones puzzles.)

Don't think I could agree more with this whole post! I love the Oracle games, and never found them thin or empty - as for secrets...they're literally built into the game!! I do however agree with the sentiments expressed for minish cap, it's also a fantastic little game and did some positive little changes to the zelda formula.

Also, totes high five on the butter! So many people find me weird when I explain that I don't really do butter. Maybe a more British thing I'm not sure but yeah...not a butter fan!

Also, totes high five on the butter! So many people find me weird when I explain that I don't really do butter. Maybe a more British thing I'm not sure but yeah...not a butter fan!

In Portugal, buttered toast/bread is the "standard" snack (which you guys call "tea", I think?), and any variation I order can still come with copious amounts of butter in it if I'm not careful. I definitely know the feeling :heh:#TheStruggleIsReal

Pokemon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire (Nintendo, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.79

Pokemon finally comes to home consoles!!

All jokes aside, I am actually really pumped for this one. I LOVE this game! :D (Not sure if I prefer this one or its GBC predecessor though. This one is really easy in comparison, but it's also really relaxing and has a really fun set of tables).

Time to max out the score counter once again! :D