NEurope
Retro_Link

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

I love Kenways Fleet! I've downloaded the app so i can play it at work! Really addictive.

It shouldn't be too hard to complete if you just remember to check in occasionally. I'm pretty sure I was done with that 100% before I got 100% on the game.

Playing through this at a nice, slow pace.

It's actually very good. After that unholy mess that AC III was, which I stopped playing after 7 hours, this is refreshing and - more importantly - fun!

PS4 version looks good, too. : peace:

Yeah, I'm only 33% done, but still enjoying it. Captured my first Man O'War yesterday for my fleet. It's pretty shit though, too slow to actually do anything, so i just use it for the huge cargo.

I barely used the fleet at all. I found myself short on resources to pimp my ride through the main quest, let alone have enough spare to send away.

The version of this they did in the Ezio games was much better.

You don't use the in game resources to trade, you get the stuff from doing battles in the app (like coffee, cocoa, rice etc, rather than rum or sugar). Just send your fleet off twice a day and soon you'll be shitting money.

Fuck the underwater swimming sections. Fuck them.

They have like two of my last favorite elements in games; breath bars and fucking sharks.

It's bringing back nightmares I used to have while playing Treasure Trove Cove...

Problem is they've put most of the ship weapon upgrades down there, so i can't just skip it if I want to be the baddest pirate that ever sailed the seven seas.

My fleet is bringing in around 50,000R a day, so there's that!

The underwater sessions are not particularly hard. What problem are you having with them?

They're so catatonically boring that you lose all motivation in repeated moments of existential despair so profound that the only course of action that seems available to you headbutt the weirdly deadly sea anemones until you dissolve and diffuse in a wisp of red.

What do the people think of the DLC? Been holding back on getting it, but am really jonesing for a go on this again.

One or two of the underwarer sections annoyed me, mainly those that were teeming with sharks. The others were alright. Reminded me of my first time sailing before I was pimped out.

The underwater sessions are not particularly hard. What problem are you having with them?

They're not that hard, it's true. But a combination of frustrating control scheme (aka every underwater level ever), instakill sharks, confusing level design, boring swimming through tunnels and the overarching panic of running out of air, make me want to give up being a pirate and go straight.

I just don't like it.

The sharks are anything but instakill. You can easily get like 5 shots from them before you die.

Fuck anything that rushes you through a level. Breath/air meters are the reason I stopped playing Metro: Last Light. I want to explore the awesome environments, not told to hurry up by a HUD bar.

I suppose you didn't like the eavesdropping portions then either Bob?

I do not, but they aren't as bad as the underwater ones.

The sharks are anything but instakill. You can easily get like 5 shots from them before you die.

Well i thought that from the first one I did (the story one where you have to get the medicine), but the one I did later (which was in some sort of underwater maze with sharks in) I definitely died twice in succession by instakill shark.

Is your inability to do QTEs making them instakill?

Maybe that specific maze bit is different because I never got caught by a shark in them.

There is a fairly long maze where you can get instakilled. I recall that happened to me once.

See that is stupid in itself if true. Either the sharks are instakill or they aren't, don't have them as both.

Finally finished it after dragging my heels for a while.

James Kidd was the least convincing secret woman ever.

Blackbeard was awesome. Poor bastard. Edward could totally have stopped the guy launching the signal.

The ending few chapters dragged a bit.

The rope darts were unlocked really late in the story. Seemed a bit odd to receive a new piece of equipment after not getting any for ages.

Easily the best in the series. I think I'll be doing a lot of a side stuff now.

Every time James Kidd came on screen I yelled "You know nothing Jon Snow" in the worlds most annoying Macclesfield accent.

Every time James Kidd came on screen I yelled "You know nothing Jon Snow" in the worlds most annoying Macclesfield accent.

I did exactly the same thing. I had to check if it was the same actor (it isn't).

That was the least surprising reveal in a game ever.

That was the least surprising reveal in a game ever.

And pointless.

"I'll seduce the guards". Then doesn't help at all.

I did like her character though.

Actually when i did that mission she was even more pointless than that.

I got a glitch where she just crouched down and shuffled in tiny circles in a bush.

Started playing this yesterday on PS4. Looks really nice! Most of the issues I had with ACIII seem to be gone (mostly the washed out environments and somewhat boring main character). Also played a little multiplayer - slightly depressing to see the introduction of a prestige element now.