NEurope
Retro_Link

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

So I picked up AC 3 for just $29.99 used today which is dirt cheap ($59.99 new/$54.99 preowned in eb games) so now my question is, can I play it without Revelations RE; Desmond's shit. I remember the ending of Brotherhood having a pretty big cliffhanger and obviously there is the end to Ezio's story. Plus I do love romping around Italy. Am I answering my own questions here....do I really need to play it or can I jump straight to 3 without missing out on much?

can I play it without Revelations RE; Desmond's shit.

Revelations plot: Desmond goes into a coma for the game. Whatsherface is dead and it turns out she was a Templar anyway. The next MaGuffin is in America.

Revelations plot: Desmond goes into a coma for the game. Whatsherface is dead and it turns out she was a Templar anyway. The next MaGuffin is in America.

Lucy is it (?) I thought we already knew she was a Templar.

Lucy is it (?) I thought we already knew she was a Templar.

No, she was a double agent - an assassin working undercover as a Templar. ;)

Then they couldn't get Kristen Bell back/didn't want her back for more than three games, so they changed her into a triple agent, even though it made no sense. You probably would have missed that plot point in Revelations anyway, as it's only revealed in the awful puzzle-based DLC.

And like everything else in Revelations, it's completely unimportant to the overall story, as she's already dead at that point and the characters in Assassin's Creed III won't shut up about it, so you'll get caught up pretty quickly. :p

No, she was a double agent - an assassin working undercover as a Templar. ;)

Then they couldn't get Kristen Bell back/didn't want her back for more than three games, so they changed her into a triple agent, even though it made no sense. You probably would have missed that plot point in Revelations anyway, as it's only revealed in the awful puzzle-based DLC.

And like everything else in Revelations, it's completely unimportant to the overall story, as she's already dead at that point and the characters in Assassin's Creed III won't shut up about it, so you'll get caught up pretty quickly. :p

For some reason I'm thinking I already suspected that she was never truly an assassin.

Meh I'll finish up with Deus Ex then see how I feel.

Ah, so that's why I don't remember actually learning about Lucy. I just assumed that I missed something obvious with how often they mentioned it in 3.

Like they said it's fine to play AC3 without having played Revelation. I tried but I didn't pay much attention to the main story. Like many others I was surprised when a particular character showed up in AC3 seemingly out of nowhere. But what I want to say is that playing AC3 first should not stop you from playing Relevation later. Constantiopelwas a fun city to play around with. It was a good game.

Like others have said, you can play III without playing Revelations. Not saying to not play it, it's decent but Ubi were running out of ideas for Ezio.

Like others have said, you can play III without playing Revelations. Not saying to not play it, it's decent but Ubi were running out of ideas for Ezio.

Ubi were running out of ideas since the first.

You got to elaborate on that.

Story wise the series is a mess but i guess its an excuse to use great settings. The whole Desmond thing was a headache.

Oh, the story. Thought you meant the gameplay/setting etc.

That video was painful to watch with sound. That narrator was terrible - you know those really awful and cheap adverts selling odd products and talking about simple things as if they were exciting selling points? The ones with the "Call this number and get it for half price" thing at the end? It was like one of those.

Story wise the series is a mess but i guess its an excuse to use great settings. The whole Desmond thing was a headache.

I think it was just an excuse to get people playing an old fashioned game by adding "something" from the future:

"Want to leap across roofs in a city trying to discover an ancient artifact?"

"Not really."

"What if I told you you've been sent back via DNA science shit and it's part of saving the world we know today?"

"HOW MUCH?!"

Simply isn't needed. Did they actually fit Desmond into Liberation?

Simply isn't needed. Did they actually fit Desmond into Liberation?

No. You're in an Animus at Abstergo, and are some kind of hacker and you have to unlock a few "true" sections as Abstergo have altered some memories to show you fake ones with their versions of events.

You never see anything outside the Animus.

Assassin’s Creed’s Only Heroine is Playable in Assassin’s Creed IV

Ubisoft has confirmed reports that Aveline—the bi-racial heroine from Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation— will be jumping from the PlayStation Vita to the PS3 and PS4.

The series’ lone female protagonist will be the focus of three missions that will be exclusive to PlayStation platforms. While the news isn’t as exciting as a full-fledged sequel to Liberation, it’s nice to see that Ubisoft hasn’t totally forgotten about Aveline.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Awesome.

This would all be more interesting if she was the protagonist for the whole game, but I'll take the missions.

Looks like it'll be a decent step visually compared to past games in the series, well the next gen versions anyway.

Locations and Activities - 10 Minute Gameplay Walkthrough | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [uK]