NEurope
Retro_Link

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

A lot of people really enjoyed the naval segments so this was to be expected. I however did not, and that has diminished my excitement for this iteration of the series.

Well, well, well:

assassinscreediv_n_709981b.jpg

For PC, Xbox 360, Wii U, and PS3. The PS3-edition will contain 60 minutes of exclusive gameplay.

Is this for real? Awesome if it is. The ship battles was one my favourite parts of the game, like many others I would like to see a game focused solely on that.

Ubisoft on their Nordic Facebook page:

We will be announcing all the details of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag on Monday March 4 at 6pm CET. Stay tuned for more.

And then some pictures of packshots, I'll just post the Wii U-edition:

544415_10151538732531663_1591399057_n.jpg

If I can actually be a bad-ass pirate captain...well I'd pick this up.

I'd rather a PS4 version.

I'm totally okay with Pirates of the Assassin's Creed, or Assassin's Creed of the Caribbean, i love pirates, i love assasin's, the naval combat was awesome, there is so much potential for this to be good

probably be shit though now i've said that

Thing is, I want there to be an awesome pirate mythos and curses and shit like that. Basically, what you said, I want Assassin's Creed of the Caribbean...with Gods and the underworld and sea monsters and all that craziness.

Here's the map from the other side of that poster:

assassins_creed_black_flag_map_leak.jpg

From the hints on the map, it looks like you can explore the coats of Florida, Andreas and the Cayo Islands at will. Not sure about the main map, but if you can it would be beyond awesome.

From a quick search, the main city on Havana (which will likely be the main city) looked like this around that era:

DQoOPXc.jpg

Here's the map from the other side of that poster:

assassins_creed_black_flag_map_leak.jpg

From the hints on the map, it looks like you can explore the coats of Florida, Andreas and the Cayo Islands at will. Not sure about the main map, but if you can it would be beyond awesome.

From a quick search, the main city on Havana (which will likely be the main city) looked like this around that era:

DQoOPXc.jpg

And I thought it'd be barren. Cool

I'm hoping the main area (like the Frontier in AC3) is completely oceanbased like Wind Waker, allowing you to fully explore

Looks like there'll be three main towns/cities - Havana, Nassau and Kingston. It also looks like Cube might be explorable, but it's freaking massive so maybe not. I expect they'll bring in some of the frontier/wildlife elements so you can transition from the towns/ports and head into the Cuban forests/jungles.

I have to say, after seeing the map and cover art, I'm much more excited about this. Looking forward to a full reveal on monday - apparently they had an event announcing it yesterday, but all the information is embargoed until monday.

It also looks like Cube might be explorable, but it's freaking massive so maybe not.

I'd better be paid well for that.

do we need tow threads for this? i want to discuss the game regardless of the platform

OK I've deleted the copied thread in Other Consoles, we'll try just having the one thread for the game in here and see how it goes.

There shouldn't really be any real differences between versions anyway, if the Wii U version of ACIII is anything to go by.

OK I've deleted the copied thread in Other Consoles, we'll try just having the one thread for the game in here and see how it goes.

There shouldn't really be any real differences between versions anyway, if the Wii U version of ACIII is anything to go by.

Why does Other Consoles even exist now with General Gaming? Why not merge the two and be done with it.

Cheers......not mad are you? i didn't intend it to be something to cause offense, just the capitals for OK i read as....hmmm...how homer went "OKAY OKAY I'LL WALK IN THE MUD" in the flash back episode of him and marge at the high school prom

::shrug:

Cheers......not mad are you? i didn't intend it to be something to cause offense, just the capitals for OK i read as....hmmm...how homer went "OKAY OKAY I'LL WALK IN THE MUD" in the flash back episode of him and marge at the high school prom

::shrug:

haha, sorry no not at all. The bold was just so people didn't read over the post, and the OK was because... yeah it should be in capitals :p

Why does Other Consoles even exist now with General Gaming? Why not merge the two and be done with it.
General Gamings to be used for discussion topics, industry news, speculation, retro games etc...

I think especially with PS4 and 720 coming, there'll always be the need for a separate board for those and their games.

I don't know, better there is a better solution, maybe Multi platform should be in General Gaming.

£10 says this doesn't come out on the Wii U.

I'd like them to go back in time to...I dunno, just a stab in the dark...Ancient Egypt?

If no one else is going to claim this, could do with a tenner for the weekend... :)

I thought the ship parts of ACIII were fun if not spectacular, so not sure my thoughts on this, though I imagine will end up picking this up.

What I do hope is that this is a sign that new third party offerings will be on Wii U as standard. I know we missed out on Tomb Raider and probably GTA V as well, as they seemed to be so far in development it was more trouble to port it across (although I will grant you that didn't stop Ubisoft or Activision with ACIII/BO2...) but still, what with Criterion taking time to develop a proper NFS Wii U experience, fingers crossed future big releases will find their way on to Wii U and we won't be suprised! Wishful thinking maybe...

I made the mistake of assuming that the use of IV meant it was a next-gen game. ACII was followed by another two games before they ditched that era.

Sorry to move the thread again guys!

*Forum transition period excuse blah*

But we're going to trial Multiplatform games like this with one thread in General Gaming.

I made the mistake of assuming that the use of IV meant it was a next-gen game. ACII was followed by another two games before they ditched that era.

Everyone loved Ezio.

Ezio is boring, but then so is everyone else in Assassin's Creed. Except Haytham and that guy who writes the codex entries.

This game should star a Brit.