N-Europe

Mighty Switch Force 2

liger05

The sequel is on the way!

https://twitter.com/NintenDaan

Mighty Switch Force 2 (3DS) just got announced on the Sup Holmes (@TronKnotts) stream. Coming in a few months Thank you, @WayForwardTech :D

https://twitter.com/WayForwardTech

WayForward ‏@WayForwardTech

. @IvanDashSmith just spilled the beans on Sup Holmes, Mighty Switch Force 2 is on its way! Should see more on this in the coming weeks. :)

Edited by Grazza

Bought!

No, really, I wonder if it'll be a similar formula but with different blocks? I always classified the three types of block in the original as "standard", "reactions" and "puzzle", because that's what they were designed to test, respectively (the last two, I mean). I would actually prefer a more Metroid-like game, but I don't want to get ahead of myself here.

Either way, I'm loading up my 3DS with more points.

The first Mighty Switch Force starred cutesy cop Patricia Wagon who was tasked with busting lawless laddies, but this time around she'll have "a surprise career change." Composer Jake "Virt" Kaufman will return to write the soundtrack.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-25-mighty-switch-force-2-coming-soon-to-3ds

Sounds promising...

And Jake Kaufman returns!!

I adore this game, I did everything there is to do on the 3ds version and I'm currently doing the same on the absolutely glorious wii u version. A sequel is great news, I don't mind the level structure, but I also wouldn't mind using the mechanics to create a proper platformed rather than time trials levels. Either way I'll likely get it.

And like Josh, I wish it was coming to wii u too, but either way I'm happy!

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.wayforward.com/msf2

Mighty Switch Force! 2

Patricia Wagon returns to heat things up with a refreshing spray of blaze-battling action/puzzles. This time Officer Wagon and Corporal Gendarmor join Planet Land’s Fire Brigade to prevent Tangent City from burning to the ground. Players will combine their wits and reflexes to rescue the reformed Hooligan Sisters and the lost USBs (Ugly Secret Babies) hidden throughout each level. New puzzle types, weapons, enemies, unlocks, and a truly epic soundtrack bring the sizzle this Spring! Deee-lish!

Publisher: WayForward

Genre: Action, Puzzle

Platform: 3DS eShop

North America, Europe, Australia

Release: Spring 2013

Everybody out!! "Mighty Switch Force! 2" blazes its way to the Nintendo 3DS

Valencia, Calif. - 03/20/2013-- WayForward celebrates 23 years by launching the first sequel in the award-winning Mighty Series! Mighty Switch Force! 2 heads to the Nintendo 3DS eShop this spring, and no blazing inferno is safe!

Patricia Wagon returns to heat things up with a refreshing spray of blaze-battling action/puzzles. This time Officer Wagon and Corporal Gendarmor join Planet Land's Fire Brigade to prevent Tangent City from burning to the ground. Players will combine their wits and reflexes to rescue the reformed Hooligan Sisters and the lost USBs (Ugly Secret Babies) hidden throughout each level. New puzzle types, weapons, enemies, unlocks, and a truly epic soundtrack bring the sizzle this Spring! Deee-lish!

Mighty Switch Force! 2 will be made available in North America, Europe, and Australia. Coming soon!

8575250975_ff1fb05a84_b.jpg

8575250795_6bb639139c_k.jpg

MSF2_1.png

MSF2_2.png

MSF2_3.png

MSF2_4.png

MSF2_5.png

Mmmm Yummy!

Ah, it does look really good now. So, it seems to have:

* Standard blocks (phase-in/out)

* Breakable blocks (this time with fireball monsters, rather than bombs)

* Mud blocks that can be washed away

* Fire blocks (I assume you switch these on/off rather than put them out)

Really looking forward to this!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...