Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Japanese Cooking

Domo Kun

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm interested in just about all aspects of Japanese language and culture, but I haven't investigated the food very much. I have attempted making smoked salmon sushi before, which worked to a degree, although the rolls were too big so the nori kept breaking. I would like to try other Japanese food, especially Ramen.

The 'ramen' we can buy in europe are far from what real japanese ramen are. Just like chinese, indian or even italian food, we get a variant that's more fast food. God bless the West eh.

I know some real Japanese restorants (haven't been there though) where the cook puts on a show and stuff.

Typicall Japanese food would be raw fish and all its variants, with some ramen, of course.

I'm talking about Japanese ramen. That's why I haven't tried any yet; I'm waiting until I go to Japan (which could be ages). There are a few real ramen places in the UK, such as wagamamas.

wagamamas in Leicester square is great! been there a couple of times! also planning a trip to japan soon!

I really tried to like Sushi but it did not work out. I love fish, rice and vegetables and I die for smoked salmon but as soon as I get a mixed Sushi plate I am out. I can't help myself - besides being expensive Sushi doesn't taste very good in my opinion. I have been to 3 rather good Sushi restaurants. I definitly will check a common japanes restaurant too.

My friend lived in Japan teaching in a Uni for 5 years, and she tells me that the sushi from Marks and Spencer is just like the take out sushi you get over there from all the convenience places. I love it, got to have soy sauce on it though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!