N-Europe

SEGA Retro Themed Notebooks

Murr

In what might be the most unexpected news of the year so far, Sega have decided to return to the hardware market. Having partnered up with Japanese PC retailer Enterbrain, Sega are due to release a series of Netbooks. What makes these so appealing though is that they happen to be branded up in the style of a classic Sega console.

While this might not be the Sega revival we were all hoping for, it does, however, touch upon their colourful gaming past. The Sega Note PC features a changable outer case in the style of either a Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast or a generic Sega blue colour. Clearly the gaming giant of yesteryear is very much hoping that gamers are feeling nostalgic.

Unfortunately though, these new systems will not come populated with retro games nor emulators - something they could have easily capitalised on here. Having said that, these systems seem more than capable of running the older games, at least if the specs are anything to go by.

But actually getting our hands on one of these computers might be rather difficult. Not only are they rather expensive (Between ¥99,750 and ¥194,250 (approx. £700 to £1,300), but Sega sadly has no plans to release them internationally.

W96HEJP.jpg

EerA8rd.jpg

84rPdTo.jpg

2Cclcrk.jpg

JCzcyqp.jpg

t5uXSUt.jpg

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/sega-returns-to-the-hardware-market-with-retro-console-themed-netbooks.html

Really like the Saturn & Dreamcast ones, sadly Japan only.

• 2 weeks later...
Sadly I can't figure out how to order from the Ebten and I don't have enough cash for it right now, thanks for the link though I'll keep it saved if I order anything else from Japan.

Well if you ever change your mind, hit me up a PM and I'll assist you. I had a gander first time I visited and it looked fairly straight forward with my current understanding.