Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Oscar Pistorius Shoots Girlfriend

Mokong

I've never understood why the credibility of the prosecutor/officer etc has anything to do with it. So what if they're a murderer/sex offender/Jimmy Saville, it makes no difference to the fact of whether Oscar did it or not.

If he is found unfit to do his job. Remove him and use someone else. It shouldn't make a difference to the Pistorius case at all.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never understood why the credibility of the prosecutor/officer etc has anything to do with it. So what if they're a murderer/sex offender/Jimmy Saville, it makes no difference to the fact of whether Oscar did it or not.

If he is found unfit to do his job. Remove him and use someone else. It shouldn't make a difference to the Pistorius case at all.

It leaves the officers susceptible to even more scrutiny from the lawyers of the defendant. Once they know that the person in question isn't of "sound character", it basically opens a can of worms. Plus, they can then use this as a doorway to talk about the credibility of the evidence found by the officer, how the officer has conducted the case, etc. It basically takes a fair bit of pressure from Pistorius and onto somebody else. It makes the jury think twice, when is not what you want.

I agree with you, it shouldn't make a difference. But, it does. Credibility is very important.

How did he not realise that his girlfriend wasn't in bed beside him when he heard the noises? Surely that is the first thing you'd check?

Exactly. He went straight for the gun.

His whole story reeks of bullshit to me. So, either he's a murderer and a liar, or he's one very stupid person for firing first before finding out what really was going on.

TBF if I woke up in the middle of the night hearing someone in the bathroom, my immediate though would be to shoot the shit out of the contents of the room.

Also.....I was reading the story finding it completely far fetched, but then I misread that he picked up a "cricket", and I was like "Well this guys obviously mental if he is picking up bugs instead of tending to his injured girlfriend".

Oh. I didn't do this post right;

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he isn't walking away from this one.

Not sure what to believe to be honest but people need to realise what it's like in South Africa. Where as over here you'd never expect someone to break in to your house as you sleep, over there it's a completely different ball game, it's a daily occurrence.

Although I do question why someone would break into a house and go straight to the bathroom, did Pistorius have some very rare cologne or hair gel perhaps?

Yeah, it's also important to think how vulnerable you would feel if you were crawling around on the floor. You would be much more jumpy and likely to shoot first.

Regardless, you would still say something to your partner who is lying in bed and the fact that he was "screaming" at the intruder to get out of his house. Would his partner who was on the toilet really not say anything at that point?

Nervous poo-er?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!