NEurope
Mokong

Oscar Pistorius Shoots Girlfriend

A woman has been found dead at the house of Paralympic/Olympic Runner, Oscar "Blade Runner" Pistorius.

The woman is his girlfriend. Apparently Oscar said he thought she was an intruder (incident happened at 4am)....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/feb/14/oscar-pistorius-girlfriend-shot-dead

South African Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius has been arrested by South African police for allegedly shooting dead his girlfriend at his home in Pretoria, local media are reporting.

Pretoria police have confirmed that a 30-year-old woman has died after being shot this morning at the home of Paralympian Oscar Pistorius in the Silver Lakes area of Pretoria.

A 26-year-old man has been arrested, a police spokeswoman confirmed, with local reports claiming the person is Pistorius.

Local radio and online newspaper reports said the sprinter may have shot her after mistaking her for an intruder, but no details could be confirmed. A spokeswoman for Pretoria police declined to confirm the identity of the man in custody. "I can confirm that a woman has been fatally wounded in a shooting at Oscar Pistorius' house," she said. "A 26-year-old man has been taken into custody. The incident happened at 3am. We received a call and attended the scene. The call did not come from the man in custody but from another person. Currently there is an inquiry into what happened."

Johannesburg's Talk Radio 702 said Pistorius was understood to have shot his girlfriend in the head and arm, although the circumstances surrounding the incident were unclear. He may have mistaken her for a burglar, the radio report said. South Africa has some of the world's highest rates of violent crime and some home-owners carry weapons to defend themselves against intruders.

I don't want to be that guy, but there's something telling me there could be more to this than a simple tragedy. I hope I'm wrong, such a terrible thing to happen.

I think it probably was an accident. Seems unlikely that they would be having a row at 4am in the morning.

At first i wondered if be might be being set up and that he didn't do it - but with all the evidence pointing towards him....

...looks like he might not have a leg to stand on.

Apparently she asked him for bullet for my valentine and he misunderstood

Too Soon?

but in all seriousness on Radio 2 this morning it was saying reports are speculating she sneaked in to wake him up and surprise him for Valentines day.........:cry: how fucking shit is that?!

but i'm with Ramar its fishy.....does he sleep with a gun on his night stand and shot her as she opened the door? because if he had time to put his legs on, arm himself and find her in his home, he had time to shout a warning and findout who it was.

Not to mention surely he lives in a gated community which will have security, so anyone there will already have passed security?

I know crime is rampant in south africa but it all seems off, and if not it is a heart wrenching tragedy

Man can you imagine if this really was an accident? How could you live with accidentally killing your own girlfriend? Shit.

Man can you imagine if this really was an accident? How could you live with accidentally killing your own girlfriend? Shit.

I know its just so....i don't know what it is, just horrible horrible horrible

Three bullets to the head and one to the arm, wasn't it? From someone who has a pretty volatile temper? At four in the morning? In a guarded gated community?

Nothing suspicious.

Edit:

oscar21-e1314037410659.jpg?w=529

...awkward.

Edited by Daft

supposedly his neighbours have said they frequently hear arguments from the home, and the police have been made aware of them in the past.......

Wonder if his favourite band is......

clarkson-bullet-for-my-valentine-skull-logo-jpg.jpg

Their new album released this week, aptly named Temper Temper. The jokes write themselves.

Bullet-For-My-Valentine-Rilis-Artwork-Temper-Temper_haibaru650x431.jpg

He's clearly guilty, the dude doesn't have a leg to stand on.

I'm terrible.

092b1803fcbe2b22f95acc4e80a44847.jpeg

BloodyHell.jpg

Speaking to reporters, a police spokeswoman said that the force is "very surprised" by reports that Pistorius mistook Steenkamp for a burglar and that the notion did not come from the police.

She also revealed that police have been called to Pistorius's address before to deal with "domestic incidents

Hmmm sounds like Oscar is not the great hero everybody thought he was eh?

@Daft shame on you for stealing bob's joke! (he posted somethiing similar waay up there at the start of the thread)

My bad. Totally missed it. He can have all my Internet points.

I'm a re-posting Karma whore.

He did admit to being terrible - i thought that was just his admission of guilt...

Roses are Red,

Violets are Glorious,

Don't sneak up,

On Oscar Pistorious!

A heart warming Valentine's Day limerick for everyone (that I may have stolen from a friend!). Sorry...

Very shocking news. That tweet from his girlfriend is quite difficult to read now.

Not sure where this story came from that he mistook her for a burglar, but it's looking increasingly likely that it isn't to be the case. :hmm: