N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 26: Space to move, Space to breath, Space to win

Haden

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree and I like to think I accomplish both. This season has been harder for me but I've still been going for the results while developing my players. The fact that I've lasted three seasons running in the Elite League while other teams have gone up and down is hopefully a testament to that. I've had good change reports (my first double jumper at the end of last season) and until this season I've always finished higher in the table at the end of each season. This will actually be the first season since starting that I've finished lower than where I ended the previous season.

There will most definitely be a cup after this season. We have potentially 3 teams that need replacing but we already have Fish coming in so that's lowered to just 2 already.

Du Rhearts Love Child is a friend of @dan\-likes\-trees I think? He hasn't logged in since February. Same goes for @Cube - do you still want to keep your team?

Worst comes to worst, we can just keep those two teams as inactive but hopefully both managers will opt to stay in anyway :p

Change reports will be up on Monday 22nd April (I think) which is one day after the league end date and three days after the final game.

This is the spotlight simply because it will be an interesting match so are there any takers besides bob? :p

I roger federer's brother (du reahrt's love child) will be playing next season so dont delete his team. will check that is still the case and get back to you though..

up for the cup. reckon i can win it. COYW.

3 - 1 dragooo for the spotlight. 6 above 8 skill, even if they play in the wrong positions...

Edited by dan-likes-trees

Worst LosingGame ever.

Do I win the Spolight because i was the only one who said Flink wouldn't win? :confused:

I lost against Leeds, the shame is even more because i didn't score. What's the point in playing if you don't score goals.. I'm not sure how Leeds M.O.T. even ended up in this league, they seem yards better than everyone else...

What a paradox. The Roger Federer Crew lost harder than we did and yet they seemingly tried to win their game with their ambitious 3-4-3.

The only time I'll ever use 4-2-4. Never again. :p It's pure and utter suicide unless you come up against another 4-2-4 or 5-2-3.

Question: What exactly does pressure actually do? Is it used to make the midfield "tighter" so to speak? Closing players down earlier? If you had a midfield with lots of players with stamina, playing with pressure should make you really strong, yes?

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

What a paradox. The Roger Federer Crew lost harder than we did and yet they seemingly tried to win their game with their ambitious 3-4-3.

The only time I'll ever use 4-2-4. Never again. :p It's pure and utter suicide unless you come up against another 4-2-4 or 5-2-3.

Question: What exactly does pressure actually do? Is it used to make the midfield "tighter" so to speak? Closing players down earlier? If you had a midfield with lots of players with stamina, playing with pressure should make you really strong, yes?

Nah, 7 of his starting 11 were 20 or younger, definitely wasn't intending to win, especially with 3 at the back.

Hoping to net 6 more in my last two matches to bring my goal tally for the season to 50...

Exciting for that no.3 spot! Haden, will you be going for the title now that you're more or less promoted?

It increases ball possession I think. But it wears down the players at the end of each half.

If you were to have players with stamina in your team, would this negate that? So, you'd have increased ball possession for the whole game?

In theory, yes, but I think it depends on what the how much stamina effects players and how much pressure effects players.

For example, if 4 midfielders have stamina they might get a boost of 30% each, but pressure might use up 40% extra so you'd still be down.

Well lost man, well lost.

I'm so screwed... :cry:

What's your plans for your team next season? Bringing in any new ones? The squad looks good.

Well tbh I was hoping to develop this core of players in the middle league for one more season and then go up and hope to survive in the upper league lower half lol.

If I go up I will just try my best to stay up, fail and hopefully develop my team anyway.

Exclusive shot in managers room, captain Astle with manager Haden.

Haden: I wish we had never beat Dragooooo, I wish we weren't going to get promoted.

Astle: So do all who live in the time of Eights United but that is not for them to decide, all we have to decide to do is what tactics to play against the teams we are pitted against. There are other forces in xpert apart from development, you were meant to finish in the top three and therefore you are meant to go up to the top league next season.

Edited by Haden

Is there anyone left in the Middle League trying to win? Also, Haden decides he's going for the title and immediately loses and drops out of the promotional spots..ha!

I beat Andy's Allstars (who?); a defensive line-up? Against bob?! What a fool!

Only two points behind 3rd spot!

@The fish I don't know if anyone got back to you about the invite link but here it is http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=120161

We potentially have two other new teams joining next season too, I'm currently in talks with two possible managers :p

Change of plan, scrap du rheart's love child. Sorry about that one. Rossers Rovers are stayin playin, having looked to have earnt promotion this year.

Is there anyone left in the Middle League trying to win? Also, Haden decides he's going for the title and immediately loses and drops out of the promotional spots..ha!

I beat Andy's Allstars (who?); a defensive line-up? Against bob?! What a fool!

Only two points behind 3rd spot!

No no, Haden put out a strong side, looked to me like he was going for the win (since if he'd beaten me he could've on the league.) Pleased with my win!

Only two goals for a stunning season total of fifty!

2qs7xc2.png

Archie! Dominated the league.

Here is a TERRIFYING thing that happened today

28bqtfl.png

Shit my pants

Edited by dan-likes-trees

I've been tinkering with my shiny new team (ooh, shiny!), and I'm now rather looking forward to the new season! :awesome: One question: if I do form training, how long does the effect stick around for? Is it worth me doing form training now, or waiting until 5 or 6 days (it's 5 days, right?) before the first game of the next season?