Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Addictions

Nintenchris

First off i would like to say i do not drink alcohol and neither do i smoke anything!

Now i know this may sound stupid but i am addicted to fizzy drinks to the extent that its all i drink. For the last say 3 years i have been drinking say atleast a 2 liter bottle of Coke or Dr Pepper... or whatever i want. Now i have tryed to stop before but if i do i feel realy bad, get extreamly bad headaches and genraly lose all energy from my body.

I was just wondering if some of you guys drink as much fizzy drinks as i do and if it will damage my health if i carry on drinking nothing but the sugery goodness that is fizzy drinks!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm weening myself off my Coca Cola addiction because I seriously need sleep. Although someone told me a local shop sells Oreos, so that may replace it. Oreos rock so much that I paid £6 for them once.

Damn I want some oreos!

I'm weening myself off my Coca Cola addiction because I seriously need sleep. Although someone told me a local shop sells Oreos, so that may replace it. Oreos rock so much that I paid £6 for them once.

Damn I want some oreos!

egh, i hate those things. they are popular though..

Hmm addicitons, i spend all night, every night on the pc. I need to come off it mroe and do mreo productibe things..

First off i would like to say i do not drink alcohol and neither do i smoke anything!

Now i know this may sound stupid but i am addicted to fizzy drinks to the extent that its all i drink. For the last say 3 years i have been drinking say atleast a 2 liter bottle of Coke or Dr Pepper... or whatever i want. Now i have tryed to stop before but if i do i feel realy bad, get extreamly bad headaches and genraly lose all energy from my body.

I was just wondering if some of you guys drink as much fizzy drinks as i do and if it will damage my health if i carry on drinking nothing but the sugery goodness that is fizzy drinks!

I'm not what you might call a medical expert but, yes, it does appear you have a sugar addiction and, yes, it's not good for your health. If you find you can't stop, you should seriously see your GP or something. Also what else are you eating? Unless you get plenty of good vegtables, protein, complex carbohydrates and vitamins, and drink plenty of water, you are going to feel like crap. I would seriously seek some medical advice. Use the NHS, it is a free service after all.

My addiction is also the PC. I also drink quite a lot of fizzy drinks, mainly Fanta and Sprite but I also drink a lot of water, when my sugar level is going down I usually choose Fanta or Sprite over water and I need some chocolate every day, not much but a bit (a row or some chocolate bar).

God i feel realy bad now!

I seriously didnt think of it as such a bad thing untill i watched Super Size Me the other day and they did touch on "soda" as the americans like to call it.. and it actual made me think about how much i do drink it. What shocked me the most was in the deleted scences was a guy who lost his sight for a week becuase of all the fizzy drink he was consuming.

Its not something you think of as being a realy bad thing to be drinking but then again i never realised how much sugar is in just a single can!

Im gonna have to stop... but its not gonna be easy.

Theres nice juice drinks. Ribena sugar free is great, as is J20 (although not sure of the sugar levels in that, probably high). Superdrug do a "Feel Good" Orange and Mango drink which is really nice. Oh and Tesco's "Innocent" drinks and also Minute Maid's are quite nice.

Plus juice drinks tend to have more amusing and silly labels. Read em, go onnnnn :P

Have you tryed the Innocent drinks? because i have and its like slop!

oh and the Minute Maid's drinks are nice as i have tryed the orange one once. Half the problem is that 90% of the drinks you can buy are full of sugar and you have to read lables to find out... which im goin to have to do.

I have tryed the Dr Pepper that has no sugar but it tastes rank... Pepsi Max is acceptable but it gets boring.. but the sugar free Ribena should be nice.

The orgianl Sunny D was 90% sugar, no shit. made my teeth VERy gritty.

and btw, Super Size Me is an incredible film!

Don't feel bad at yourself though, it's like smoking you dont plan to get addicted but it jsut happens.

Best way is to take it slow, maybe if you cut out the drinks and have a packet of suger a day (just an idea) google it for iddeas

good luck.

Tried a bit of Innocent drinks, my friend had one once. But c'mon, its ingredients included "A cricket pavillion", gotta love it :P

And besides, juice drinks also provide helpful Vitamin C and all that, its not just about the sugar. Oh and Tesco's do an OJ for like 30-odd pennies. Its a bit tangy but not bad and about 40% of RDA of Vitamin C. And of course Tropicana, forgot about that before.

I have to admit, I have a teeny, weeny addiction to fizzy drinks as well. I drink about 2 or 3 cans a day. One in school, and one or two at home. I've tried to quit many times, and failed. The best I can do now is cut down, which I have done in a way, as I used to drink much more.

I also starting to have a small addiction to music. Seriously, I listen to it too much these days.

Well in May(2005) I decided I wasn't going to drink anymore fizzy drinks, eat crisps, or have mcdonalds/burgerking.

Here I am in January 2006 and in those 8 months I've managed to stay away from all 3. I don't even get tempted by them anymore...(okay maybe a nice icey coke sometimes when I'm hot) but most of the time I don't.

Its not like I was fat or unhealthy at the time as I feel I have a good physique and am healthy, as I do lots of fitness and boxing training, I just felt like doing it because I thought to myself..."I don't really like any of these that much, so why do I need them?"

Of course, I couldn't ever give up chocolate however :yay:

erm...buying. I'm addicited to buying stuff! Be it Music CD's/Games or Clothes!

Other then that, penny sweets and the original (and best) Jelly Beans! But i have cut down on eating rubbish LOADS, i've lost 2.5 stone, so my diet is working! :D

Ok, seing as everyone else is, i will too. I love fizzyness. Especially Pepsi and DrPepper... but man. If you keep at it you can acheive anythin

and im also with owen, i love buying stuff... i dont know why but when you hve the money. Makes u feel good, especially if it's sumat good

I have been drinking fizzy drinks for pretty much 22 years nonstop and i feel fine, and now that I work in coca cola i dont even have to pay for it any more :D.

Dam you work at coca cola, lucky. Went to a bottling plant once.. thrilling.. *cough*. free coke though, Sounds good man

erm...buying. I'm addicited to buying stuff! Be it Music CD's/Games or Clothes!

I had a shopping addiction but not so much any more. New York was the worse (and best). This time last year I had already bought 12 cds since the start of the year. This year only three. See, im getting better. :yay:

Dam you work at coca cola, lucky. Went to a bottling plant once.. thrilling.. *cough*. free coke though, Sounds good man

We get 6 cases of 12 bottles of coke/fanta whatever free every month, my shed is coming down with the stuff :heh:

I also have a shopping addication also of the music sort. So far this year i have bought something like 16 cds and 5 vinyls.

My 3 Year old sister is addicted to Nintendogs. My, fizzy stuff, and wasting time on anything computer related (PC, Game Consoles, Mobile Phones, Calculators)

I had a shopping addiction but not so much any more. New York was the worse (and best). This time last year I had already bought 12 cds since the start of the year. This year only three. See, im getting better.

Heres an idea, insted of buying CDs (which probably contain a load of songs you dont want/dont like/already have, buy the songs you want individually from mp3search.ru (US$0.14 a song last time i checked) or iTunes.

We get 6 cases of 12 bottles of coke/fanta whatever free every month, my shed is coming down with the stuff :heh:

Haha very nice, so im guessing you work at one ofr those bottling plants?

erm.. we got a free bottle of whichever drink we wanted.... :confused: