NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

I think for the remakes Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess were better candidates than Wind Waker. Twilight Princess might be more recent than Wind Waker but it's more suited to the process of HD and would've gained more.

But a remake of Twilight Princess would have been pointless. It was already 16:9, and the graphical upgrade wouldn't have been that noticeable, certainly not enough to warrant a remake.

Wind Waker's change is far more striking, particularly on land and to get it in 16:9 is fantastic. Plus a lot of people probably played TP on the Wii (unlike WW on the GC) and could just pop the disc into their Wii U. And as for Majora's Mask, it'd be a waste of resources upscaling it to HD when they can just get Grezzo to do it for the 3DS down the line.

Twilight Princess would be a pointless remake, it looks decent enough on the WiiU and doesn't warrent a remake as of yet.

I want a Skyward Sword HD remake, it would look amazing if it wasn't so blurry.

It's not just the graphics though. It launched with the Wii so it never had the benefit of motionplus controls. The controls could easily be reworked for motionplus whereas Wind Waker can't. Twilight Princess is a Gamecube game, the same as Wind Waker. TP's graphics will age long before WW's.

But there'd be no point for motionplus control if the game isn't tailor made for it like Skyward Sword was. TP's graphics will certainly age before WW's but that's no reason to do a remake.

Is is me or does the ship seem smaller now?
I think it's just the way the GC screen has been a bit squashed.

Nice to see the island shadows and rocks under the water etc... that weren't there before.

What are those things in the background of when the bird gets hit, that aren't in the Wii U version?

I think the Gamecube version looks much brighter and more vibrant.

I can't tell whether or not the sky in the WiiU version looks beautiful or pisses me off. I'm going blind looking at it. It's too bright, too much bloom. It dominates just a bit too much. But, I can't tell if that's also the recorded footage and it'll look better in person.

Why has Link's sister's dress changed? (Getting right to the serious issues!)

So that they can say they changed something.

Nah, they're at 2 different stages of the game. The Wii U version is after Link has got his sword and green garb. The Gamecube version is before that point.

The Gamecube footage is from the second quest of Wind Waker, which lets you play in Link's Outset clothes, and has Aryll in her Pirate outfit from later in the game

Well I can definitely say I am looking forward to playing this again!

I enjoyed the cel-shadedness at the time but looking back I can't remember large parts of the game.

And it is Zelda, always love me some Zelda! :)

...I might actually prefer the look of the Gamecube version. The WiiU version seems to have some blue hue going on. The thing with the Gamecube version is it looks like you're playing a cartoon, whereas the WiiU version looks like you're playing a game. I think I just prefer the 'cube look.

...I might actually prefer the look of the Gamecube version. The WiiU version seems to have some blue hue going on. The thing with the Gamecube version is it looks like you're playing a cartoon, whereas the WiiU version looks like you're playing a game. I think I just prefer the 'cube look.

Ocarina of Time 3D had a yellow hue.

Gamecube Wind Waker looks very flat compared to Wii U WW.

Ocarina of Time 3D had a yellow hue.

Gamecube Wind Waker looks very flat compared to Wii U WW.

Still, I kind of prefer it like that.

I feel ungrateful for moaning now, after loading the trailer up on my Wii U through the eshop and seeing it on a big screen. This game looks marvellous.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/30/zelda-wind-waker-hd-priced-reportedly-getting-new-difficulty-mode

IGN claiming that the American listing for the game on Amazon is saying it has a new difficulty mode, could it be a master quest type situation? Would welcome that, looking forward to playing it again but with extra difficulty/random dungeons would make it even sweeter! :)

Edited by Kaepora_Gaebora
spelling/general construction of a proper sentence

OK so whats the cheapest anyone has seen this going for? I've had a quick look and its priced over 40 quid on three sites I've checked. I'm not paying over 25 quid for it.

Dat boxart. Way better than the original boxart for GameCube. So, japan get's it first this time, while the rest get it in October. Sounds good, but Nintendo has nothing confirmed for September (in Europe) as of now.

Then again, Pokemon is coming in early October, so everyone is probably pumping up for that one the whole September

I was thinking earlier that im not bothered about WW as it is just WW but HD

But that box art has made me want the game NOW

I need the game.

I was thinking earlier that im not bothered about WW as it is just WW but HD

But that box art has made me want the game NOW

I need the game.

You say that like it just being Wind Waker in HD is a bad thing...

Yeah I was just thinking that I wasnt too bothered as the game wont be a new experience.

But now im BUZZING!

Yeah I was just thinking that I wasnt too bothered as the game wont be a new experience.

But now im BUZZING!

Not too bothered...pah. It being in HD was enough to make me want it. The reveal was amazing