NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Agreed.

Ive not played it since I completed it on the GC when I was 14 so I imagine most of it will feel fresh for me!

I can't wait for this. In fact, however much I was disappointed in Nintendos christmas lineup, I can't wait for all of their games, I'm going to adore each one probably (Wii Party and Fit included)... I guess my disappointment came from what was NOT there and also what I felt the Wii U needed to be successful. But ignoring those two issues it's providing amazing games for ME!!!

Really looking forward to this, those images look beautiful, especially the Windfall Island one! I don't really remember much of the game either so it should feel pretty fresh.

Honestly, I'm curious to see how this game will be received. I feel like the gaming world is a bit more accepting of games like Wind Waker nowadays.

It better get a 10 in EDGE. Cause if it doesn't... *shakes fist menacingly*

It won't get a 10, Wind Waker HD will get 8's from most reviewers, with all reviews including a paragraph about how this game shows that the WiiU is pointless and that it won't save the Wii U.

It better get a 10 in EDGE. Cause if it doesn't... *shakes fist menacingly*

EDGE's 10/10s can be a bit random at times.

If you use the Red Sail in this, you don't need to alter the wind :)

Oh thank fuck. Where did you read this?

If you use the Red Sail in this, you don't need to alter the wind :)
... kind of takes a way a bit from the game doesn't it? :p

If people were stopping playing because of that, that's a bit sad.

... kind of takes a way a bit from the game doesn't it? :p

If people were stopping playing because of that, that's a bit sad.

I didn't stop playing because of it but stopping to change the wind all the time was more annoying than Navi and Fi combined and that's saying something.

Hello, members of the Zelda Community! This is Eiji Aonuma of Nintendo. It’s great to be posting here again.

In the Nintendo Direct video that aired today, we announced new information on the soon to be released The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD. I would like to take this opportunity to talk about things that we weren’t able to include in the announcement.

The Nintendo Direct video showed a glimpse of the Swift Sail (red sail) that allows the ship to go faster. Those of you who played the original may have noticed, but not only will this sail make the ship go faster, but it will always be full of wind, meaning you’re now able to control the ship to any direction you want, without having to use the Wind Waker to change direction of the wind.

…Some of you may wonder whether this can still be called a sailing ship, but along with this sail and the nautical chart displayed on the Wii U GamePad that works like a car nav, it’s now become much easier to travel to the small islands and salvage points scattered around the great sea. Even if you struggled with sea exploration in the original, I think you’ll have a blast exploring the great sea once more.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will launch this October.

The always energetic Toon Link and the great, open sea is waiting for all of you to set sail. Thank you!

Swift Sail sounds awesome.

I dunno, it seems to take away a big aspect of the original game. I never had a problem changing the direction of the wind and it sounds like it'll be even faster to do so now.

Just seems like Nintendo are dumbing things down to appeal to the whiners and simpletons, once again.

I dunno, it seems to take away a big aspect of the original game. I never had a problem changing the direction of the wind and it sounds like it'll be even faster to do so now.

Just seems like Nintendo are dumbing things down to appeal to the whiners and simpletons, once again.

I dont see it as dumbing it down, more like making it more streamlined. For me its a welcome addition.

Who needs to have Link able to control the wind, the whole point of the game, when you have a magic sail that bypasses it altogether. Dunno, just seems like they've bent too far backwards. Just another way of hand-holding.

Yeah, I really liked the sailing aspect of WW, learning to use the wind even when going against it. Now it seems like they've just taken it away, might as well be a steam ship.

Why not just make the sailing faster, but let it be dependent on the wind as it should be?

especially as you only ever really choose it when you set off, very rarely do you ever not just travel in a straight line from one island to your destination.

I take it that the original sail will still be in the game, so you can choose whether or not you want to use the swift sail. It's an extra, I expect. So, there if you need it, but you're not forced to use eet.

I take it that the original sail will still be in the game, so you can choose whether or not you want to use the swift sail. It's an extra, I expect. So, there if you need it, but you're not forced to use eet.

Yea, basically once you put the sail on, if you press A it will switch to this one

US Boxart

i_40022.png

Gold!

Yea, basically once you put the sail on, if you press A it will switch to this one

There we are. Everyone's happy. :grin: