NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Wind Waker Developer Direct.

&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&fmt=22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">
&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="615" height="360">

Watch -

To be honest I think the original looks better, I'm not a fan of the new lighting. The bottle message sounds fun though.

Lovely poster artwork!

This game looks pretty bogging to me to be honest. The bloom is nasty and there's something off about the lighting on the models.

The original's visual style is tightly refined. It's basically perfect. You don't take something so finely tuned and just go whizz bang look guys shit be glowing now.

I sort of agree, I'm a bit on the fence about the new lighting. It's not as bad as bad as the renders a few months back had us believe though. Plus it does add some nice depth, the original could seem quite flat in comparison.

Edited by Ronnie

The boat goes ridiculously fast now! :heh:

But honestly, this looks perfect. If it weren't for this, I might think I was in a bad mood or something, but this is what I want in a game.

In the developers direct, it was mentioned that the Triforce quest was being reconsidered.

WELL THANK GOD FOR THAT!

I HOPE THEY COMPLETELY SCRAP THE THING!

...Really. It's the reason I never completed the gamecube version.

Never played the GC version so pretty excited about this. Looks lovely.

The boat goes ridiculously fast now! :heh:

But honestly, this looks perfect. If it weren't for this, I might think I was in a bad mood or something, but this is what I want in a game.

Yeah it's like a speed boat pulling up to Outset Island! :p

In the developers direct, it was mentioned that the Triforce quest was being reconsidered.

WELL THANK GOD FOR THAT!

I didn't really understand what they were getting at there. It sounded like it was being tweeked... but I'm not exactly sure how.

What was the talk about it, or the game, ending abruptly?

The Triforce quest was perfectly fine. They just need to tweak the map cost.

Just watched this back through my Wii U, I think it looks lovely and all but...what a testament to the original art style that I am not watching thinking 'wow it looks sooo much better', more that I am just going to get to play Wind Waker again. Considering the slating Nintendo when it was shown all those years ago, it stands the test of time terrifically!

WELL THANK GOD FOR THAT!

Maybe they're tweaking it so that you collect the triforce maps throughout the game rather than having to get them all at the same time later on?

Did seem strange how they were building up to revealing how they'd changed the gamplay, then didn't actually say anything.

Never played the GC version so pretty excited about this. Looks lovely.

You lucky f****r.

they best shoe horn a damn dungeon in to get the third gem from, jabu jabu just giving you it for bombing his wall was so wrong! hell if they want the can put the triforce in its own dungeon too

Maybe they're tweaking it so that you collect the triforce maps throughout the game rather than having to get them all at the same time later on?

That's how it currently is, though. You can get some of those maps early on, and then you're told where they are shorty after you defeat the Helmaroc King. You only absolutely need them two dungeons after that.

I really hope there's an option to hide the very cluttered HUD like in Skyward Sword, or at least put it on the Gamepad. Not holding my breath though :(

Yeah, I like how in Assassins Creed and ZombiU, you can hide all the clutter and junk. Hopefully we can do that on this as well.

I've just realised they've addressed a common complaint about the game...

Watch from 22 minutes 12 seconds, every time you played that song in the gamecube version a small cutscene would repeat the tune before you got pick the direction, slowing things down. Looks like you play the tune, and it goes straight to the compass directions now.

Of course it could have been creative editing on Nintendo's part for this video but hopefully not.

Finally someone has done it here for everyone:

Plus a screen cap from each...

WindWakercomparison.jpg

Yup... identical!

Do you actually think Wind Waker GC looks like that screengrab? :blank:

It's a direct feed, and yes old games look much better in our heads!

Do you actually think Wind Waker GC looks like that screengrab? :blank:

Was going to say that. Did he even look at the GC screenshot before he posted that? :p

It's a direct feed, and yes old games look much better in our heads!

It's blurred as hell. It looked nothing like that. If that was the feed then it was a very poor representation of the finished article; I'd blame low red screen cap/camera equipment.

Edited by Sheikah

WindWakercomparison.jpg
I don't think a game that looked like that would be considered one of the best looking games of all time! :p

You'll need to play Wind Waker GameCube on a CRT television to enjoy a sharp picture.

Wanna know how Nintendo could rule the value of this? Double it up with Four Swords Adventhres rejigged with 3DS support.

Wanna know how Nintendo could rule the value of this? Double it up with Four Swords Adventhres rejigged with 3DS support.

Would kick so much shit out of so much else. Do want.