Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

PS4 doing the business in France and Germany.

According to research firm GfK, the PS4 has sold 2.8 million units in Germany to date. That's an impressive number alone, but when you compare it to the competition it becomes even more staggering: the Wii U is sitting at 690,000 units, while the Xbox One has mustered just 600,000 units to date.

That means that Sony currently commands almost 70 per cent of the market.

It's a staggering statistic, and when you consider that the above figure rises to around 90 per cent in countries such as Portugal, the runaway success of the system starts to make a lot more sense. Of course, the platform holder mustn't rest on its laurels – it needs to keep improving the console and supplying it with a steady stream of software. Few could have predicted this situation five years ago, though.

Surprise, surprise: the PlayStation 4 is sweeping aside the Xbox One and Wii U in France according to newly released sales data from French publication LeFigaro. As we reported earlier, Sony's latest console is also dominating the market in Germany, so it's safe to say that the Japanese company appears to still have an iron grip on some of Europe's most important territories.

The data also reveals that the PS4 sold through one million units in France in 2015, beating out the competition by around 700,000 sales apiece. It's also worth mentioning that the Xbox One sales saw a 3 per cent increase year over year, while the PS4 saw a 20 per cent jump. In other words, the gap between the two consoles is actually growing wider. There's just no stopping this train.

Wow, everytime there are news about PS4 sales they are quite impressive : peace: I wonder what the sales will be like in two years from now.

I think this year this could get even crazier, what with the lineup of titles Sony and 3rd parties have lined up.

The Japanese sales may finally hit some constant highs, especially when you look at their Q1 titles. It should help create some momentum with the console over there. Persona 5 and Final Fantasy XV should give it a big boost as well.

The charts over there are showing that people are starting to leave the PS3 behind now, so this year should show a big shift in software sales between the two platforms.

Japan: Wii U Tops PlayStation 4 And Xbox One In Lifetime Sales

Good news for Nintendo today as it has emerged that the Wii U has outsold both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Japan with regards to lifetime sales. Obviously the Wii U has been out longer than both systems, but it maintains a relatively decent lead. Wii U sold over 3.0 million units, Sony’s PlayStation 4 has sold 2.26 units and Microsoft’s Xbox One has only sold 64,543 units. Wii U has an impressive 57 percent of the Japanese market share while the Playstation 4 has 42 percent and the Xbox One trails behind with a pitiful 1 percent.

Wii U Total Sales: 3,020,227

PS4 Total Sales: 2,261,079

Xbox One Total Sales: 64,543

http://mynintendonews.com/2016/01/25/japan-wii-u-tops-playstation-4-and-xbox-one-in-lifetime-sales/

And this is still despite having no 3rd Party Support.

Edited by londragon
Automerged Doublepost

And this is still despite having no 3rd Party Support.

Obviously its beating the Xbox ( no idea why they keep trying for the market ) but the Wii U had over a years head start over the PS4 in Japan. Considering it's just under a million units a head, that ain't a great thing.

Obviously its beating the Xbox ( no idea why they keep trying for the market ) but the Wii U had over a years head start over the PS4 in Japan. Considering it's just under a million units a head, that ain't a great thing.

Yeah, but Wii U has absolutely no 3rd party support, and PS4 has it all. I'd have expected the PS4 to have steamrolled the Wii U already (like in the west), but it's still got a way to go. Wii U holding its own despite the odds, surprisingly nice.

Yeah, but Wii U has absolutely no 3rd party support, and PS4 has it all. I'd have expected the PS4 to have steamrolled the Wii U already (like in the west), but it's still got a way to go. Wii U holding its own despite the odds, surprisingly nice.

Not really. The PS4 titles have still be mainly western focused. Many Japanese companies were still churning out PS3 exclusive games or PS3 versions of PS4 games last year. This year will be the most telling as only now have Japanese companies started switching development over to the PS4 and the gamers over there have started favouring the PS4 version over PS3 games.

While I agree Wii U has done well, it's still nothing to write home about.

No, nothing to write home about, just surprised me. I'm sure the PS4 will overtake the Wii U, in Japan, sometime this year, but still surprised it hasn't happened a long time ago.

Lack of killer PS4 software for that market has hindered it.

Splatoon has helped Nintendo massively over there. They really need to get an anime out or something to strike while the iron is hot.

EA doing the business again.

Selected Operating Highlights and Metrics:

EA is the #1 publisher on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One consoles in the Western World for calendar year 2015 based on available sources and EA estimates.

Madden NFL 16 was the #1 sports title in the U.S. and FIFA 16 was the #1 title across all genres in Europe for calendar year 2015.

The return of Need for Speed™ drew more than twice as many monthly active players in Q3 than the previous game.

Players logged more than 150 million hours of gameplay across Battlefield 4™ and Battlefield™ Hardline in Q3.

In Q3, STAR WARS™: The Old Republic grew to its highest subscriber level in nearly three years.

Madden NFL Mobile monthly active players were up nearly 50% year-over-year in Q3.

Selected Financial Highlights:

For the quarter, non-GAAP net revenue of $1.803 billion was above guidance of $1.775 billion. Diluted non-GAAP EPS of $1.83 was above guidance of $1.75. And operating cash flow of $889 million was a record for any quarter in EA history.

STAR WARS™ Battlefront surpassed EA’s fiscal year guidance of 13 million units sold-in.

Non-GAAP net revenue for EA’s FIFA, Madden NFL and Hockey Ultimate Team™ live services continue to perform well in Q3, collectively up 13% year-over-year and up 22% on a constant currency basis.

EA repurchased 1.8 million shares in Q3 for $126 million.

On a trailing twelve month basis, EA had non-GAAP net revenue of $4.538 billion (of which a record $2.421 billion was digital), non-GAAP net income of $982 million and operating cash flow of $1.025 billion.

EA increased fiscal 2016 non-GAAP net revenue guidance to $4.517 billion and diluted non-GAAP EPS guidance to $3.04 per share. This is an increase from our previous guidance of $4.500 billion and $3.00, respectively.

Great numbers for Battlefront. Many said that they would be able to even pass 10 million. Great game + Star Wars hype was always going to give good results.

The parts i've highlight shows exactly why Nintendo need EA on board. These mainstream games are pushing console sales. If you don't have these games on your console, you are going to struggle.

Bring it back to EA and they have announced their plans for the coming year.

“In Q1, we’ll begin with the creative and innovative Mirror’s Edge Catalyst from DICE launching in May. A great line-up of EA Sports titles are in development for next year, and we look forward to sharing more about these new experiences in the months ahead. An all-new Battlefield game from DICE will arrive in time for the holidays, we’re excited to have a new Titanfall experience coming from our friends at Respawn – and of course, Mass Effect Andromeda from the team at BioWare will launch later in the fiscal year.”

I think Mass Effect is a 2017 title. Hopefully a ME collection will be released before then.

I can't wait for Titanfall 2. I thought the original games was awesome ( much more fun than Destiny ) and it will be interesting to see how it fares once it hits the PS4.

Do we know what the actual Battlefront sales to consumers are? If it is close to that 13 million mark that'll be phenomenal! :)

Agreed on Titanfall 2, @Hero\-of\-Time :) the biggest let down is that the community on there has shrunk all you can ever play is Attrition. I'm sure it would have been as popular as Destiny on here if was a PS4 game/Microsoft hadn't borked the One launch!

Edited by Kaepora_Gaebora

THey've already said that an ME collection wont be coming unfortunately.

Yeah, I remember EA saying they don't want to do remasters or something like that. Despite this, I still think it may appear, especially if ME:A doesn't hit until next year. I suppose it depends on whether its worth the money and effort.

Do we know what the actual Battlefront sales to consumers are? If it is close to that 13 million mark that'll be phenomenal! :)

Not yet, but even something like 10 million would be amazing, given the short time its been out on the market.

Agreed on Titanfall 2, @Hero\-of\-Time :) the biggest let down is that the community on there has shrunk all you can ever play is Attrition. I'm sure it would have been as popular as Destiny on here if was a PS4 game/Microsoft hadn't borked the One launch!

Yeah, it was essentially sent to die on the One. Shame, as it's an amazing game.

Out of EA's message comes something interesting regarding sales of the two big consoles. Eurogamer have picked up on the fact EA said 55 million PS4s and X1s combined have been sold.

Since Sony do report PS4 console sales; 35.9 million as of early January, this puts X1 sales at 19 million.

It's no wonder Microsoft won't release X1 sales...half the sales of the PS4. Actually quite shocking.

Out of EA's message comes something interesting regarding sales of the two big consoles. Eurogamer have picked up on the fact EA said 55 million PS4s and X1s combined have been sold.

Since Sony do report PS4 console sales; 35.9 million as of early January, this puts X1 sales at 19 million.

It's no wonder Microsoft won't release X1 sales...half the sales of the PS4. Actually quite shocking.

It's not bad considering they are pretty much relying on one region (the US) for its sales.

Yeah, I remember EA saying they don't want to do remasters or something like that. Despite this, I still think it may appear, especially if ME:A doesn't hit until next year. I suppose it depends on whether its worth the money and effort.

I would still absolutely love an ME Collection with all the dlc included so I hope they do backtrack on their previous statement but who knows.

Mario Kart 8 will be out selling the console soon! :p

Great to see Splatoon doing so well, and Mario Maker as well, in such short time.

Also saw 20.5 million amiibo and 21.5 million amiibo cards have been sold as well. NX might as well be called 'Amiibo Station' and be done with it ;) or even better, a limited edition amiibo only available when you buy the console within two months of launch, imagine the sales!

Mario Kart 8 will be out selling the console soon! :p

Great to see Splatoon doing so well, and Mario Maker as well, in such short time.

Also saw 20.5 million amiibo and 21.5 million amiibo cards have been sold as well. NX might as well be called 'Amiibo Station' and be done with it ;) or even better, a limited edition amiibo only available when you buy the console within two months of launch, imagine the sales!

lostmario actually joked about that while we were discussing amiibo a while back. He said the NX would be powered by amiibo. :D