Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

Again with the percentages. I refused to post that. The real number is 60,000 Wii U's were sold this May and that's not great. June will be more telling and should be a lot higher.

Yeah, percentages seem to be rife these days. I refuse to be impressed by these sorts of statistics. :p

Wii U sales have held in Japan at 12.2k. Mario Kart 8 has reclaimed the top spot with 42,261 units sold last week. PS4 still at 8k.

It's good to see a turnaround :)

It will be interesting to see if it actually lasts, especially with no real killer software on the horizon. I imagine the PS4 will be kicking around that 8k number ( and lower ) for a while, again due to the lack of software.

Just goes to show how far Japan has fallen when people are happy to see 12k units sold.

It will be interesting to see if it actually lasts, especially with no real killer software on the horizon. I imagine the PS4 will be kicking around that 8k number ( and lower ) for a while, again due to the lack of software.

Just goes to show how far Japan has fallen when people are happy to see 12k units sold.

Yeah, sales in Japan are in the toilet across the board.

Full rundown of the numbers:

1. [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 – 42,461 (441,205)
  2. [3DS] Yokai Watch – 32,960 (1,087,217)
  3. [3DS] Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth – 31,472 (218,329)
  4. [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen – 20,264 (103,267)
  5. [PSV] The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki Evolution – 19,659 (New)
  6. [PS3] One Piece: Unlimited World Red – 18,026 (New)
  7. [PSV] One Piece: Unlimited World Red – 10,348 (New)
  8. [PS4] Thief – 8,772 (New)
  9. [3DS] Card Fight!! Vanguard Lock-On Victory!! – 7,315 (39,568)
  10. [PS4] FIFA 14 World Class Soccer – 6,264 (41,436)
  11. [3DS] Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen – 6,218 (42,914)
  12. [PS3] Thief – 4,899 (New)
  13. [3DS] Pokemon X and Y – 4,834 (4,083,184)
  14. [3DS] Mario Party: Island Tour – 4,617 (393,544)
  15. [Wii U] One Piece: Unlimited World Red – 4,209 (New)
  16. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 – 4,195 (2,335,837)
  17. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 – 3,835 (3,293,056)
  18. [PSP] Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen – 3,470 (18,612)
  19. [3DS] Kirby: Triple Deluxe – 3,379 (599,510)
  20. [PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Side Stories – 3,295 (93,733)

1. 3DS LL – 21,267 (30,924)
  2. PlayStation Vita – 13,299 (11,450)
  3. Wii U – 12,249 (13,766)
  4. PlayStation 4 – 8,395 (9,466)
  5. PlayStation 3 – 6,564 (6,561)
  6. 3DS – 5,308 (5,346)
  7. PSP – 4,325 (9,365)
  8. PlayStation Vita TV – 1,436 (1,193)
  9. Xbox 360 – 231 (255)

I don't think anybody can boast over those numbers.

Edited by Wii

12k is a turnaround now?

Considering it was at 5k, yes. A turnaround is a turnaround. The Japanese games industry is not in a good place, and this value is higher than it was ergo it's a turnaround. It's not a massive one, but it's one nonetheless.

Stop trying to diminish things.

To hell with the Wii U, the real story is the Vita numbers. It done 3k in April and shot up to around 56k in May!

Here's rough numbers for this month across all the consoles.

The old vita model was impossible to find. Thats why sales were only 3k.

New model and borderlands bundle gave it a boost. Will be back down to 20k next month.

The old vita model was impossible to find. Thats why sales were only 3k.

New model and borderlands bundle gave it a boost. Will be back down to 20k next month.

20k if they're lucky. Word is that it's become impossible to find again.

Considering it was at 5k, yes. A turnaround is a turnaround. The Japanese games industry is not in a good place, and this value is higher than it was ergo it's a turnaround. It's not a massive one, but it's one nonetheless.

Stop trying to diminish things.

That's not a turnaround. A turnaround is if a console is doing badly and then managed to turn it around so it's doing well now. The Wii U, let alone any console, seems not to be doing too well at the moment in Japan.

I'm not diminishing anything. I'm just not reading things that aren't there. It's too early to say if it's a 'turn around'.

And even if it is, Japan is such a diminished market, it doesn't really matter. It's pretty irrelevant to the rest of the industry.

I'm not diminishing anything. I'm just not reading things that aren't there. It's too early to say if it's a 'turn around'.

And even if it is, Japan is such a diminished market, it doesn't really matter. It's pretty irrelevant to the rest of the industry.

Well we have similar boosts everywhere else, so there.

That's not a turnaround. A turnaround is if a console is doing badly and then managed to turn it around so it's doing well now. The Wii U, let alone any console, seems not to be doing too well at the moment in Japan.

No, it is a turnaround. It's not a massive turnaround, but it's a turnaround.

Well we have similar boosts everywhere else, so there.

No, it is a turnaround. It's not a massive turnaround, but it's a turnaround.

You clearly don't understand what the term turnaround means so it's probably best to leave it there.

"One investor got up to ask how Sony had lost its past glory, exemplified in the original 1979 Walkman portable player, stressing that he was disappointed in Hirai."

Man, if the heckler really used the Walkman as an example (and not something the blog added) then that is pretty harsh. "I am disappointed your company does not absolutely annihilate the competition with every product release". Ok bro.

"One investor got up to ask how Sony had lost its past glory, exemplified in the original 1979 Walkman portable player, stressing that he was disappointed in Hirai."

Man, if the heckler really used the Walkman as an example (and not something the blog added) then that is pretty harsh. "I am disappointed your company does not absolutely annihilate the competition with every product release". Ok bro.

I do agree with what you're saying, but I think what they're getting at is how far Sony were ahead of the curve with the walkman. Not only did they get pretty much the first of its kind out the gate, they managed to stay competitive by progressively making it as portable as it can be.

But on the flipside, we're now at a point in technology where nearly anything can be done portable. It's getting really hard to imagine what kind of future entertainment technology could be done. Morpheus could be that kind of thing if Sony play their cards right now that the internet has jumped off the Oculus Rift wagon after the Facebook buy out.

Basically, I don't think they're reminiscing back to annihilating the competition, but pushing the envelope which in turn usually leads to being ahead of their competitors. No doubt a harsh crowd but with so many losses, desperation is inevitable.