Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

I still think that's pretty impressive given there aren't any games out for it yet. I mean, the top selling title is Knack. :p

Not sure if your serious or not but 35k three weeks after release is not impressive at all. I thought sales would drop off due to the software currently out and future releases but not at 35k in week 3.

Not sure if your serious or not but 35k three weeks after release is not impressive at all. I thought sales would drop off due to the software currently out and future releases but not at 35k in week 3.

Well for a start, the immediate launch period is probably not a great indicator given how the Wii U ultimately ended up, despite a reasonable launch. And second; the best selling game for the system is Knack, which isn't even charting that highly, yet it's still the best selling system in the entire country that week.

I can only imagine that when there are actually games worth buying for it over there that it will do even better.

Well for a start, the immediate launch period is probably not a great indicator given how the Wii U ultimately ended up, despite a reasonable launch. And second; the best selling game for the system is Knack, which isn't even charting that highly, yet it's still the best selling system in the entire country that week.

I can only imagine that when there are actually games worth buying for it over there that it will do even better.

Nobody is saying the intial launch period is an indicator long term but and being the highest selling system when all other hardware is selling poorly is nothing to really shout about.

35k is a poor number no matter what way you look at it and as many thought the console will not sell on hype alone. It needs specific software for the Japanese market.

The 3DS didnt sell on hype, the Vita never sold on hype and neither will the PS4.

Hasn't there been some discussion about the game running at 1080p/60fps on PS4 and not as good on XBO? Not sure if I remember correctly.

Maybe all this talk does have an impact on sales?

Or maybe it's just that there are more PS4 users :rolleyes:

I think the One having three games in the top ten compared with one for PS4 suggests that Xbox gamers have more to play at the mo perhaps, spreading their sales about rather than on one game?

Or, indeed, saving their money for Titanfall I guess :)

Just going to remind people that Knack is bundled for free with the PS4 in Japan, I have no idea how it sold 1000 units more than the PS4 though, maybe it was a bundle limited to the initial shipment.

People that imported a PS4 from the US/EU and wanted a Jap version of Knack?

NPD stuff is making its way out.

Donkey Kong Drives Wii U Sales, Bravely Default Outpacing Fire Emblem

Strong new releases helped sales of Wii U software and Nintendo 3DS software in February increase by more than 180 percent and more than 25 percent, respectively, over the same month last year. Wii U software sales were driven by the Feb. 21 launch of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, which sold more than 130,000 combined physical and digital units in its first eight days on the market. This helped sales of Wii U hardware increase by nearly 25 percent over the same month last year.

*Data regarding physical sales of games in February are from the NPD Group. Data regarding digital downloads of games and combined physical/digital life-to-date numbers are from Nintendo’s internal sales figures. All numbers, unless otherwise stated, are specific to the United States only.

Well done, Nintendo. Apparently Wii U sold 66k last Feb.

I can't tell if that's good or bad? That means Nintendo only sold around 80k Wii U's at retail and that's with a huge game like DKC coming out and with multiple retailers reducing the price. I mean, it's better news yes, but still very low. Comparison between Dreamcast and GC would be useful.

I can't tell if that's good or bad? That means Nintendo only sold around 80k Wii U's at retail and that's with a huge game like DKC coming out and with multiple retailers reducing the price. I mean, it's better news yes, but still very low. Comparison between Dreamcast and GC would be useful.

It's an improvement. With limited retail presence and Nintendo's horrific lack of marketing, it's a result. Let's leave it at that :p

Besides, February is typically the lowest month for hardware sales, is it not?

I don't see Xbox One being that much higher than 100k and PS4 will be lucky to push 200k

Edited by Serebii

I'm just happy Bravelt Default did well. It shows there is still a market in the West for JRPGs which may persuade someone to bring DQVII over here....please!

It's an improvement. With limited retail presence and Nintendo's horrific lack of marketing, it's a result. Let's leave it at that :p

I don't see Xbox One being that much higher than 100k and PS4 will be lucky to push 200k

Very true there is growth there but next month and beyond is gonna be brutal for the Wii U. With no killer games coming till the end of May and Titanfall , Metal Gear and Infamous arriving this month, the sales are going to nosedive.

I agree with the XBOne numbers you posted. I can't see it doing that well this month.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
Automerged Doublepost

If XBOne sells under 100K in Feb, Microsoft will have to take urgent action. Other than Wii U, I believe the only consoles to ever sell 100k a month in the states during the 5 years of their launch are the DC, Wii U and GC. I kind of hope it happens though, just for the GAF meltdown lol.

If XBOne sells under 100K in Feb, Microsoft will have to take urgent action. Other than Wii U, I believe the only consoles to ever sell 100k a month in the states during the 5 years of their launch are the DC, Wii U and GC. I kind of hope it happens though, just for the GAF meltdown lol.

You may be right. I forgot to factor in that January's sales were down across the board due to the snow storm impeding travel, purchases and some shipping and that it wouldn't become a standard

So it seems Sony did around 286k, that is if the XBOne number is correct. Very impressive. It is still hard to get the console, it's hasn't had anything special software wise yet and it's still managed to best the XBOne. Dat price difference and marketing.

Woah..surprised that the One sold as much as it did. It will surely outsell PS4 next month due to Titanfall.

Awesome numbers from Sony given stock shortages.

Woah..surprised that the One sold as much as it did. It will surely outsell PS4 next month due to Titanfall.

Awesome numbers from Sony given stock shortages.

Yeah, I think that's a given at this point. It will be interesting to see if Infamous can hold its own against Titanfall. I imagine it will start well but TF will have the longer legs.

It'll be interesting to see how Sony gear up for the Infamous launch. I suspect now Titanfall has launched they'll probably blitz the next couple weeks.

Although, do they really need to with all the stock shortages.

Software:

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, PC)

2. The Lego Movie Videogame (360, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, Vita)

3. NBA 2K14 (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, PC)

4. Thief (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)

5. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)

6. Battlefield 4 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)

7. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, PC)

8. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, 360)

9. Minecraft (360)

10. Bravely Default (3DS)

Trivia:

-Bravely Default: Over 200K physical + digital

-Donkey Kong Wii U: 130K physical + digital

-Pokemon X/Y: 130K physical + digital, 3.4M LTD

-Xbox One has a 2.75 attach rate

-Xbox One sold 772,000 games in February and Xbox 360 sold 2.46 million

Hardware:

PS4: 258,000 / 0.9 = 286.7K (Though XB1 is "over 90%" of the PS4's sales, so it might be a bit lower.)

Xbox One: 258K

Xbox 360: 114K (-62.2%)

Wii U: Nearly 82.5K (+~25%)

Great news about BD. Really strong sales and hopefully SE will finally look at what people want and get DQ7 released in the West!!!

XB1 sales stronger than I thought they would be and its good that both the XB1 and PS4 are selling so well considering its launch period with so little being released.

Wii U sales up but still below 100k and still selling less than the 360. MK8 will drive sales but long-term there is still no solution.

Whenever the console seems to have a better month due a new game being released the momentum can never then carry on to 2,3 or 4 months because of the droughts. No major release now until the end of May for example. Its madness!!!

Edited by liger05

HA HA HA! Bravely Default (160k retail, 40k+ digital) outsold Lightning Returns!

Finally some fucking divine justice!

82cbed9cef665a1513441614ff668904.gif

Fantastic result for Bravely Default (and to think that Nintendo had to step in and do S-E's job for them... Bet they feel real good about themselves now!)

5mt.gif

Fuck you Square Enix!

Otherwise, Xbone really surpassed my expectations. Guess all those bundles and gift card deals did the trick, for now at least...

Wii U getting a boost was a nice surprise. Still terrible in the grand scheme of things, but that goes without saying. DKCTF is a bit lower than I had expected, but it is only 8 days and its legs will no doubt be legendary...

HA HA HA! Bravely Default (160k retail, 40k+ digital) outsold Lightning Returns!

Finally some fucking divine justice!

82cbed9cef665a1513441614ff668904.gif

Fantastic result for Bravely Default (and to think that Nintendo had to step in and do S-E's job for them... Bet they feel real good about themselves now!)

5mt.gif

Fuck you Square Enix!

Otherwise, Xbone really surpassed my expectations. Guess all those bundles and gift card deals did the trick, for now at least...

Wii U getting a boost was a nice surprise. Still terrible in the grand scheme of things, but that goes without saying. DKCTF is a bit lower than I had expected, but it is only 8 days and its legs will no doubt be legendary...

Yeah DKCTF is kinda low and in Japan its not even hit 100k yet.

'Fuck you Square Enix', really?

You know Lightning Returns is the third part in a series and bound to lose fans along the way.

I'm glad RPGs are getting recognition but having fully completed Bravely Default myself, the whole thing left me with a bitter taste. Yeah, that thing. There's so much they need to address in the sequel before I will even consider buying it.

inFamous Second Son Leading Titanfall In Social Metrics

“Second Son – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHzh…hnq9JhUZ0UZLbm – Published March 7th. 4.7 million views.

“To find anything even close on Titanfall’s YouTube you have to go back to October.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caiI…L4x2BH_VlzON5V – 2.3 million views. Their E3 video is just over 3 million. Their ‘official gameplay launch trailer’ which is a week old… 194k."

I'm really suprised by the number of actionables in relation to Infamous. I hope it lives up to it.

Its pretty damn stupid that DQ7 has not had a western release. I really dont understand SE at times.

Honestly, I haven't understood/agreed with any of their decisions since 2006 when they released Dragon Quest VIII in Europe. That took 17 months though (to translate/localise), so there's still hope for VII.