NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

i thought IF they ever tried to mess mith mewtow, they could do a cyborg mewtwo like in the anime when he was seen at giovanni's gym, a sort of form change when equipping an item, make him Steel/Psychic but really a pre-evolved form?

i thought IF they ever tried to mess mith mewtow, they could do a cyborg mewtwo like in the anime when he was seen at giovanni's gym, a sort of form change when equipping an item, make him Steel/Psychic but really a pre-evolved form?

Who the hell says this is a pre-evolved form.

If it's true, then it'd be an alternate form akin to Meloetta's Pirouette Forme, Keldeo's Resolute Form, Black Kyurem, the Therian Formes, Shaymin's Sky Forme etc

DNA mutation form? Cloning experiment gone wrong form? :P

Cyborg Mewtwo would be so cool.

Pre-evolved form?

are we really going to argue semantics? Demo gave the new look a suggested name, i omitted the ? at the end and ran with the name for what ever it is

i suppose we should in future refer to it as the perevolvedpostevolvedresolutepirouettetherianskyalternateforme

:wink:

its a forme or evolution, and the leaked image makes it look like his head has joined with his anus, just like whoever i assumed designed it perhaps i should have phrased my previous quote as

i thought IF they ever tried to mess mith mewtow, they could do a cyborg mewtwo like in the anime when he was seen at giovanni's gym, a sort of form change when equipping an item, make him Steel/Psychic but really an ugly evolution or forme?

and for those who've not seen anushead mewtwo

mewtwoform2th_zps636fcddd.jpg

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Actually, had another look at the image and it looks completely different to what I thought it did originally, thought it was a snake like thing for some reason, obviously hadn't woken up properly or playing too much Monster Hunter. Or both.

If it's true, then it'd be an alternate form akin to Meloetta's Pirouette Forme, Keldeo's Resolute Form, Black Kyurem, the Therian Formes, Shaymin's Sky Forme etc

Can I be the first to say every single Pokémon with a different form/forme (yes, including Deoxys) can suck the big one. They're typically poor thought out ideas, that seem to be linked with events that mean good folk have to part with more cash.

What's that new movie?! New Mewtwo form, can only get it in the cinema.. Roll up, roll up we're printing money!

Edited by Ramar

Can I be the first to say every single Pokémon with a different form/forme (yes, including Deoxys) can suck the big one. They're typically poor thought out ideas, that seem to be linked with events that mean good folk have to part with more cash.

What's that new movie?! New Mewtwo form, can only get it in the cinema.. Roll up, roll up we're printing money!

I cannot see it being possible for them to make it so only the one in the movie unlocks it. If they do it that way, then the WiFi event for Black & White should also activate it

New Mewtwo forme(?) confirmed. Can't post pics since I'm on my phone.

smash4131.jpg

Looks pretty cool. Except for the feet I have no problem with the design. The trailer was nice, but short, got to see a few more of the older 'mons in their 3D new style.

I really hope we get some actual gameplay news soon though.

EDIT:

Trailer.

The name of the video seems to suggest this isn't Mewtwo, which is interesting. Mewthree?

Edited by not_so_tiny

It seems that, much like the GameCube, he comes with a convenient carrying handle!

Purple? Carrier handle? Something old in something new?

GAMECUBE EMULATION ON 3DS, SEREBII CONFIRMED.

Let's all sit back and remember the Pokemon with the greatest story for a few minutes

Edited by Debug Mode

It looks like a pre-evolution or a different form of Mewtwo, but the site is saying that it's not him.

Mewthree is too obvious, so what if it's a DNA splicing of Mew and Mewtwo? (With those DNA splicers from PKMN B&W2 coming back as part of the story!)

I'm not really a fan of the idea of different Pokémon formes, so the possibility that this might be a new Pokémon altogether makes me happy. I personally quite like the design, though not as much as the original Mewtwo. To be honest, I'd probably rather they'd recoloured it or something and not made it related to Mewtwo at all, making it a completely standalone Pokémon.

Right, let's get this sorted out a bit here. There seems to be some confusion going around. I'll just lay down some facts and we'll go from there

Fact the first: This Pokémon REPLACES standard Mewtwo on the poster for the movie Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens. This indicates that it is likely to be Mewtwo. This is further confirmed by the official Japanese site promising the new trailer on April 18th featuring Mewtwo and Newtwo, where it says secrets shall be revealed

The official sites say that it's a new Pokémon. This has occurred before, most recently with the reveal of Black & White Kyurem where Smash, and Junichi Masuda, labelled them as new Pokémon. This become a point for discussion for a while until we managed to get the artwork from press sites seen to be labelled as 646_black and 646_white.

This to me at least indicates that it's a new form. However, who knows, it could be some new variation introduced in XY

It's all moot anyway, we'll find out next week :p

I actually kind of like the design

Seeing the battle engine again and again makes me really appreciate what's going on. I will miss the sprites, but wow that 3D battle engine looks amazing.

I prefer the original Mewtwo I must say. I don't like that the 'tail' is coming from the back of his head. But apart from that, I like it.

It could be Mewonepointfive?

Whats the name of the second pokemon NewMewtwo fights in that vid, just after Genesect? Never seen that one before, is it new @Serebii ?

It's Rampardos, from Gen IV.

Thanks for the clearup about new Pokémon vs new forme, Joe.

Oh, I should note that the initial leak of this on Wednesday was labelled as Éclair Forme (エクレアフォルム), presumably based on the French éclair meaning lightning, flash etc., not the pastry.

I ignored that originally due to no source on it, not being on the material, but it's worth noting.

The design isn't disgusting or anything, but I don't see how they can work this in without severely disrupting the backstory/origins of Mewtwo. Hopefully it'll just be another clone, or part of a new cloning experiment. Maybe it's a FUSION-HAAAA between different Pokemon or the result of some kind of twisted breeding scenario?

It would be an interesting statement if Mewtwo was actually mutating (mewtating!) due to the shitty nature of the experiments that made it.

Purple? Carrier handle? Something old in something new?

GAMECUBE EMULATION ON 3DS, SEREBII CONFIRMED.

Let's all sit back and remember the Pokemon with the greatest story for a few minutes

I've not seen that before, why did they cut that out of the movie..

If this increases the chances of Mewtwo returning for the next Smash Bros, I'm all for it :grin:

@Ramar: There were 2 Mewtwo movies. I think that is the 2nd one.