NEurope
Sarka

Ocarina of Time

I nearly completed the game 100%. The only things missing were the Golden Scale, the Sinking Lure, the Heart piece at the fishing pond and the Heart piece at the scientist's lab in Lake Hylia, since you needed the golden scale (you can tell I never liked the fishing game). The only reason I won't bother completing it is because I REALLY hate the fishing game.

You're crazy! :heh:

The fishing game was ace and even if you didn't like it only takes a couple of minutes to catch the fish worthy of the heart piece/golden scale. It's always swimming around by the big log that sticks out of the water!

Your crazy! :heh:

The fishing game was ace and even if you didn't like it only takes a couple of minutes to catch the fish worthy of the heart piece/golden scale. It's always swimming around by the big log that sticks out of the water!

I knew people would be surprised with my statement. I just was never interested in that fishing game.

I tried, though, yet I could never find a fish that could give me a Heart Piece/Golden Scale. I could never find the sinking lure, either, and I looked everywhere in that pond.

Other than that, the game was ace, of course.

Like I said, I always do the Spirit Temple first but I don't think there's a definitive route,
I always do the Shadow Temple first!

Think it's because you need the Hover Boots to cross the desert and you get them at the start of the Shadow Temple don't you? Also you use the Lens of Truth alot in the Shadow Temple, which you can carry on with you to help out with the desert and Spirit Temple.

Also, mainly because to me it feels more of an epic ending to me doing the Spirit Temple last:

Going out through the Gerudo gate, crossing the desert, the whole Young/Adult Link thing, awesome boss battle, awesome temple overlooking the land etc... etc...

I hated the fishing game too. I'm young Link, and have just started the Spirit Temple, but haven't played the game since Christmas, when I got TP.

Think it's because you need the Hover Boots to cross the desert and you get them at the start of the Shadow Temple don't you? Also you use the Lens of Truth alot in the Shadow Temple, which you can carry on with you to help out with the desert and Spirit Temple.

Also, mainly because to me it feels more of an epic ending to me doing the Spirit Temple last:

Going out through the Gerudo gate, crossing the desert, the whole Young/Adult Link thing, awesome boss battle, awesome temple overlooking the land etc... etc...

Oops, I meant Shadow temple first, major typo!

Yeah, that's the same reason I do it that way as well, plus the fact that I don't like the Shadow temple so try to get it out the way as soon as possible.

Although I think you can get across the desert with the long shot, although I've never tried it!

Never said you couldn't do the Spirit first, but the storyline seems to suggest you do the Shadow temple first, that's all. How I've always done it anyway.

Fully agreed.

I last played this game about 5 years ago and kind of didn't like it (was only 11). Do you think I should play it again? Bearing in mind I love windwaker but don't like TP that much.

Yeah, try it. In honesty, it's harder than TP. Just don't go expecting great graphics and a story as good as TPs. To me, it feels like taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

For some reason or another I was feeling in a bit of a Zelda mood t'other day, A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time were wanting played. It was a toss up between the two and I ultimately ended up putting on Ocarina.

What can I say, its like a new game to me. In actual fact I've only ever played through the game once (Christmas '98) although I completed it a few times by just going and refighting Ganon. Other than that I've played it countless times up through the first three dungeons until Link grows up. I find that opening section of levels followed by the cutscene that is the realisation of Links opening dream then his impending seven year growth to be maybe the best part of the game.

Anyhoo, I got out the bonus disc from me Wind Waker box and fired it up. I thought I was gonna be picking it up before the Forest Temple but it seems that when I played the bonus disc I only got the first two Spiritual Stones. So, from Jabu Jabu and Princess Ruto I got back on Ganon's trail. I'm now up to the Water Temple which I'm finding a bit frustrating... but maybe thats due to the negative way we talk about it here as much as anything. From the Forest Temple onwards has been like playing a new game, honestly, and its really more fun than I expected. :hehe:

I have eleven full hearts so far, but I'm having bother remembering their locations - I've just been picking up ones I've came across so far. I'd really like to get all twenty and maybe all the Golden Skulltulas, but that could be beyond me lol. I dont think I could be bothered trekking everywhere for them, though I have more than forty so far which isnt too bad.

I just finished this week for the first time on virtual console.

At first I was feeling the old graphics and the lack of frame rate, but after some time playing, I just forgotten that it was a 10 years old game. Its really a great game, even 10 years later!

I never got past the first section of the spirit Temple. The only Zelda game I've owned is the one I haven't completed, I'm afraid.

Still, great game, even in this day and age. And i've seen the ending online :-)

Just been searching youtube for Zelda music vids and came across the famous advert for OOT. I think the advert was brilliant and despite all the bad press it got I think the slogan was fantastic. Funny how Nintendo are now cashing in on girl gamers :)

Watching it just reminded me how EPIC that game really is. It truely is the best game ever made!

Talk about reviving the dead (threads)!

I just wanted to share a little somat with y'all. I got this in the post the other day and yes, it has made me very happy!

It's an Australian PAL version of the game - as you can see it's a GOLD cartridge :D The guy I bought it off was also kind enough to include a couple of player guides from Official Nintendo Magazine back in the day!

It has remained in bubble wrap since it arrived. *makes lame squeal-like noise*

Oooh, a gold cart. 1st editions as well. Nice!!!.

I don't believe it's a first edition like it is US - all PAL versions are either 1.1 or 1.2 version...unless you're talking about a different thing altogether?

And lostmario, it wasn't cheap...went for £50 (excluding P&P) - think I paid far more than it's currently worth but meh, what the hey, I don't collect for value, I collect for enjoyment :D Just being lucky enough to own it is good enough for me!

I was fortunate enough to pay about £10 for my fully boxed gold cart version of Ocarina of Time a few years back as it was somewhat criminally mislisted on eBay so I took full advantage! :D

Talk about reviving the dead (threads)!

I just wanted to share a little somat with y'all. I got this in the post the other day and yes, it has made me very happy!

It's an Australian PAL version of the game - as you can see it's a GOLD cartridge :D The guy I bought it off was also kind enough to include a couple of player guides from Official Nintendo Magazine back in the day!

It has remained in bubble wrap since it arrived. *makes lame squeal-like noise*

I remember buying that used back in the day for like £10.... I don't have the box anymore. I thought many european carts were gold as well?

I remember buying that used back in the day for like £10.... I don't have the box anymore. I thought many european carts were gold as well?

I've had this confirmed (lots of other folks on other forums were adamant that their cartridge was a UK-PAL and it was gold). In fact, it is only the Australian copy that is both PAL and gold. Only Majora's Mask received the gold treatment in the UK.

Therefore, I imagine you picked up an Australian copy from somewhere.

I've had this confirmed (lots of other folks on other forums were adamant that their cartridge was a UK-PAL and it was gold). In fact, it is only the Australian copy that is both PAL and gold. Only Majora's Mask received the gold treatment in the UK.

AWSUM! XD I had no idea. I have the gold Majora's Mask cartridge as well.

Yeah it is the Australian copy you can see on the box the old Australia rating (G 8+)

And this is new to me, I thought everyone had Gold ones, but you all got the plain ol style ones 0_o wow.

I thought we got the gold cart, but it was first print only or something? I definitely saw the gold cart version in shops.

well as the end of year edges ever closer I've just realised this is the first year since its launch I havn't played through OoT!

I thought we got the gold cart, but it was first print only or something? I definitely saw the gold cart version in shops.

You probably did. But they were Australian.

If you look at the box below it has a white square in the bottom right, which is the Aussie rating system.

There doesn't exist a UK box like this - only the standard black and gold.