NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Weight Loss and Fitness 2013

The women at 25-30% are gorgeous.

Last I got my BFP measured, it was 9.2 I think (up from 8.5).

@Animal: The small lump of belly fat is the last fat you'll lose on a diet. It takes ages, discipline, and really healthy food for one to lose that. It's where the body's main reserve lies so the body will cling on to it by any means necessary. Most people never lose it.

Heck, even at 9.5 % body fat, I still have a small lump, and whenever I eat bad food (ice cream, cake, etc.) I instantly see the difference on it (maybe that's part psychology, but still, the day after I've had ice cream, I always feel a bit heavier). So take it easy with it, work out regularly with weights and eat normally, then it'll be less visible in time.

I hate that! :(

But I'm determined to lose it! Thanks for your advice! I'm going to try my best. I gathered that I wouldn't 100% get rid of it but I want it to look at least normal. At the moment, it hangs right over and it looks horrible.

Today, at the gym, I saw a guy doing pull-ups with about 40 kg hanging in a dip belt. He didn't just do one, more like four or five. I was severely impressed!

Started doing weights and my god is it tough work!

I only have 2kg ones at the moment to start out with (I know pansy.) but its already helping quite a bit, eve with just 15 to 20 minutes a day. I like that I can do them at any time to, so just sitting at the computer ^_^.

Got a system for my dumbbell training now, 3 exercises done this week. It's actually pretty nice, pumping those weights feels great plus there's no hurry when the next day is always a rest day. I've also been buying some protein stuff, quite a few lactose-free products out there and they also taste good.

Overall: Very nice, I could get into this shit...

Today, at the gym, I saw a guy doing pull-ups with about 40 kg hanging in a dip belt. He didn't just do one, more like four or five. I was severely impressed!

I've never seen that. I've seen guys do it with dips (obviously) but never pull-ups. Fuarrrk. :o

Stomach is looking better and better as the days pass. It's a long road, but I'm getting there. We can do eeeet.

I'm confident that I'll be in great shape for when school starts up again in a few weeks.

Overall: Very nice, I could get into this shit...

My thoughts exactly.

I'm so eager to go swimming and the gym all the time, it helps having a friend who wants to go too and we now end up going three times a week and more. Its awesome.

Shame I can't really do any swimming this week, but it'll be nice to do some serious cardio! :D

[MENTION=3782]

Leg Day yesterday. Push Day today and I've done some skipping to boot. Tonight, squaaaaaash.

If you can play Squash or do any kind of cardio after leg day you are not working those legs hard enough!! I can barely sit down on the bog the day after!!

After basically drinking until I couldnt see this weekend I had to do something today. Did shoulders this morning and will go for a run in a couple of hours.

If you can play Squash or do any kind of cardio after leg day you are not working those legs hard enough!! I can barely sit down on the bog the day after!!

After basically drinking until I couldnt see this weekend I had to do something today. Did shoulders this morning and will go for a run in a couple of hours.

I've reached/am reaching that point where I'm doing it often enough so that my legs are getting used to it. I find they hurt more if I don't do them for a week or two, that's when it affects me. :D

Same goes for pretty much everything else. Also, I had a really, really good night's sleep, so that's helping. :D

I found the combo of squats and then lunges fucking draining yesterday. Quads were aching like there was no tomorrow.

If you're in so much discomfort the next day you struggle to do anything then you're body is either not conditioned well enough yet or your pushing it too far.

As Flink says, If i miss a couple of weeks, the first session can be horrific but I soon get used to it.

If you're in so much discomfort the next day you struggle to do anything then you're body is either not conditioned well enough yet or your pushing it too far.

As Flink says, If i miss a couple of weeks, the first session can be horrific but I soon get used to it.

I think it's more the first one than the latter. Doing things more often helps tremendously. At the moment, I'm hitting everything twice a week. Still going with Legs Push Pull and then a rest day.

What I've found is that I actually felt more tired just hitting things once a week. Doing legs once a week, for example, meant that I felt more sore at times. Same with benching or deadlifting once a week. Sure, doing things twice a week is a little strange for a few weeks, but you soon get used to it and it actually becomes much easier. You become more focused on the important stuff and you learn how to cut time/stop wasting time between sets and different exercises.

Saying that, I would have struggled to do this in the gym. Having to travel there and back 6 times a week would have been annoying. Also, some pieces of equipment are harder to use due to availability. There was only one squat rack and one barbell bench press area at my gym. I don't think my current split would have worked at the gym, but it works amazingly well at home. Loving it.

5-a-side on Sunday, 10 mile run last night and weights tonight. The rest day on Wednesday can't come soon enough.

Cycled 20km in 40 minutes last night up at the gym on the cycling machines "aroudn the world" setting. At one point I was going pretty strongly and then noticed what had just appeared in the right side of the screen, 3 MASSIVE hills followed by a tiny bar, then 3 more massive hills. Had to put on Born to Run to get me through it.

Quick question - how do people keep their sugar down?

I've been keeping a little eye on what I've been eating and for the most part, my diet is really good, its balancing everything out, home made and I tend to steer clear of anything that is packaged (I also drink peppermint tea instead of regular tea/hot chocolate mostly.)

But I find my sugar is really hard to contain, I'm eating an awful lot of sugar, most of it coming from fruit! Is this something I need to worry about?

For example, by myfitnesspal (its a rough guide, not something I massively stick too). I should have about 35 bits of sugar a day, I always get towards 50, but 20 of that is from fruit?! The banana I just had alone has 10 units..

Hmm?

I think MyFitnessPal is great. I've started using it to track everything I eat so I know that I always eat roughly the same amount every day. I go into the advanced editor for goals to customise it properly. Got it set as I want to intake 2000 calories a day before any exercise. With my exercise throughout the week it works out as a roughly a calorie deficit of 500 a day meaning I should lose 0.5kg a week. As I'm lifting weights I probably won't be losing that much but instead I will be losing fat.

I'm trying to work with macros as well as just calories. Set it to 40% carb, 30 fat% and 30% protein and will attempt to go for that for a few weeks. I find calories hard enough to track because when you don't make it yourself it's tough to know exactly what's in it.

Basically I don't eat much fruit because it's full of sugar. Even though its 'natural' sugar it still isn't great for you. Yeah, it has loads of good vitamins in but I take multivitamins for that instead.

Where else is your sugar coming from?

I think MyFitnessPal is great. I've started using it to track everything I eat so I know that I always eat roughly the same amount every day. I go into the advanced editor for goals to customise it properly. Got it set as I want to intake 2000 calories a day before any exercise. With my exercise throughout the week it works out as a roughly a calorie deficit of 500 a day meaning I should lose 0.5kg a week. As I'm lifting weights I probably won't be losing that much but instead I will be losing fat.

I'm trying to work with macros as well as just calories. Set it to 40% carb, 30 fat% and 30% protein and will attempt to go for that for a few weeks. I find calories hard enough to track because when you don't make it yourself it's tough to know exactly what's in it.

Basically I don't eat much fruit because it's full of sugar. Even though its 'natural' sugar it still isn't great for you. Yeah, it has loads of good vitamins in but I take multivitamins for that instead.

Where else is your sugar coming from?

I'm currently set to 1350 before anything, but usually get around to 1500-1800 calories with exercise. It seems a little low to me, but thats what it told me I should be eating if I want to reach 11 stone *shrug*

Other sugar comes from food mostly, its not an excessive amount, but I find it ridiculous that I'm not able to eat fruit purely because there's natural sugar in it. I'd rather not have to take multivitamins..

Bah!

I really don't care for fruit these days, too sugary crap. Yes I do eat popsicles and sweets every now and then, but I've also found out that the protein products work pretty well for a sweet tooth as they have a little sweetness in them, but not too much. Not that I'm counting my calories anyway, I actually have room for bulking up.

Also, careful with the vitamins. They might not be as beneficial as people think:

The Vitamin Myth (by The Atlantic)

On October 10, 2011, researchers from the University of Minnesota found that women who took supplemental multivitamins died at rates higher than those who didn't. Two days later, researchers from the Cleveland Clinic found that men who took vitamin E had an increased risk of prostate cancer. "It's been a tough week for vitamins," said Carrie Gann of ABC News.

These findings weren't new. Seven previous studies had already shown that vitamins increased the risk of cancer and heart disease and shortened lives.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/07/the-vitamin-myth-why-we-think-we-need-supplements/277947/

Woooo hoooo :D Another deadlift PB - 120kg! Knew I had it in me but didn't think it would be so soon! It went up beautifully too, no jerkyness, no stopping. <3

My deadlift and my bodyweight are slowly slowly reaching out to meet each other. Kinda aiming to get 125kg for both within the next 8 weeks or so.. (DL 120, BW 128)

The two plate squat fella I've admired a few times came over to talk to me on sunday... Just as I was admiring his toes to bar!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

I think I may be getting a reputation haha :D

I really don't care for fruit these days, too sugary crap. Yes I do eat popsicles and sweets every now and then, but I've also found out that the protein products work pretty well for a sweet tooth as they have a little sweetness in them, but not too much. Not that I'm counting my calories anyway, I actually have room for bulking up.

Also, careful with the vitamins. They might not be as beneficial as people think:

Thank you for the advice @Ville

The problem is I love fruit, we get it at work for free everyday and is a wonderful alternative to any other breakfast I would munch on. I find it a little insane that I'm not allowed to eat it purely based on its sugar..

However, I completely ruined it today by grabbing a lucozade, one of these small babies has 63 units of sugar, so that blasted everything out the water. Whoops!

No wonder when I used to drink these by the gallon I didn't eat much..

I wouldn't worry about sugar from fruit. Just don't overdo it in general and don't eat (much) sugar from other sources. Seriously, one would have to eat a bucketload of fruit every day for a long period to gain weight and by then, your stomach would hurt so much. Just go for "no more than three pieces of fruit a day" and "no two fruits of the same kind a day" and you'll be fine.

Also, as Charlie asked: What is one unit?

Third run in 7 days. 20-25 minutes each. Now one day without a run and another week starts :) I feel good, but I've been eating more the past few days.

Not really a problem as I didn't gain weight but I need to watch out.

I wouldn't worry about sugar from fruit. Just don't overdo it in general and don't eat (much) sugar from other sources. Seriously, one would have to eat a bucketload of fruit every day for a long period to gain weight and by then, your stomach would hurt so much. Just go for "no more than three pieces of fruit a day" and "no two fruits of the same kind a day" and you'll be fine.

Also, as Charlie asked: What is one unit?

Pretty much this. I've never worried about sugar from fruit. I'd be more worried about sugar from energy drinks, chocolate, that sorta stuff.

I put off my Pull Day yesterday to today as I was feeling pretty tired yesterday. Done it now and I'm tiiiired. Squash tonight. :o

Third run in 7 days. 20-25 minutes each. Now one day without a run and another week starts :) I feel good, but I've been eating more the past few days.

Not really a problem as I didn't gain weight but I need to watch out.

Perhaps you're eating more because you're using more energy? Also, if it's mostly good stuff you're eating then you shouldn't need to worry.

But good going on the runs!

---

My knee's getting much better but still can't bend it so much. I've got an appointment with a physical therapist next Tuesday, just to make sure nothing is wrong.

I miss leg days so much!

Edited by MindFreak