NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Weight Loss and Fitness 2013

Don't give up fruit, that's madness! Just ensure you have variety and you aren't eating more than 5 portions a day, you'll be fine. Fruit is great, its full of vitamins and fibre, and fills you so you won't eat other crap as a replacement.

I LOST 3LBS, BITCHEZZZZZZ! :D

So, so happy! I was a bit upset because I felt a little fat and I thought I put on weight but I lost 3lb and my muscles have gotten bigger! WOO!

Don't give up fruit, that's madness! Just ensure you have variety and you aren't eating more than 5 portions a day, you'll be fine. Fruit is great, its full of vitamins and fibre, and fills you so you won't eat other crap as a replacement.

Thank you for the advice (you guys are awesome.) I wasn't sure, I mean I love eating fruit as part of breakfast, rather than having cereal or toast as I find its more filling.

I only eat one portion a day and thought that apart from perhaps my teeth, that it wasn't going to do any real harm, but its always good to check. :heart:

I think it's ok to give up fruit, just replace it with veg which is full of similar nutrients and stuff. I've started only eating one portion of fruit to reduce my sugar intake. I used to eat more, cos it's so much more convenient than veg.

I only take a bit of fruit to eat on my brake at work cos i can't be bothered with the hassle i'd get off my workmates if i ate a tub of veg or something. Whereas for some reason fruit is socially acceptable! Mind you, at my last job i used to eat 2 kiwi fruit every morning with my breakfast, and i'd get questioned/teased endlessly about this. It started to get really old!

People are annoying.

There can be as many calories in veg. And fruit sugars are not bad for you unless you are eating stupid amounts, like 20 apples a day. Too many paleo/atkins fanatics have demonised any kind of sugar, even the natural ones!

And if you are active you need to have plenty of calories, what you said you were eating was fine nightwolf, don't eat any less.

Contreversial views, but it sounds like moderation as always.

Missed weighing myself this week (I'm doing it Wednesdays) but that should give me two weeks weigh in, I don't expect to have lost anything as its not been very long since I started all this exercise business. But its nice to just be going to the gym at least twice a week and tackling it :D.

Hey hey now, don't diss it without trying first! #justsayin

Anyway, I have no clue what comes to losing weight, as I've always been normal / underweight despite how much I've eaten. Yes, my metabolism is a crazy SOB.

Too many paleo/atkins fanatics have demonised any kind of sugar, even the natural ones!

Actually, paleo recommends eating more fruit and nuts. Paleo isn't afraid of carbs as long as they come from the right sources - fruit is one of the sources.

You'd have to be fucking nuts to give up fruit. It's the tastiest thing evaaaaaar.

Tempted to make a fruit salad later. Mmmm. Pupupupuupup.

I had a bit too much beer yesterday (as I handed in my master thesis - time for celebration!) so I didn't feel like exercising today. Thus I'll have to double it over the weekend but with two weeks of vacation, I have plenty of time for exercising (although I want to read Watchmen and A Game of Thrones, and I want to play all the games I have left in my drawer). :)

Wheeeee. Another half kilo down :) Positive steps.

Gonna do a 4 week bash with TKD starting in the beginning of September. Got nothing in my social calendar, and I won't worry about hitting PBs weightlifting wise.

Good going, @Raining_again /Raineeeng.

I'm going to be taking my legs a bit easy for a few weeks as my hip flexor is still a bit sore. Best to just let it recover before going at it again.

Weight loss is going good, still. Crunch time will be when school starts up, because I'm at a bit of a loss with what I'll be doing during dinner times there. At the moment, I'm very satisfied with my diet and lifestyle. I'm losing weight, exercising enough and eating tasty, healthy food (the shit exists). Will see.

Abs. Soon.

Sigh, not been eating much the past couple of days. I only realised this morning when my house mate asked me if I was alright.

Back on the bandwagon though, food down my face and doing some weights, already need some heavier ones. Tsk!

What kinda weights you be doing @nightwolf?

Just using 2kg weights whilst doing cardio. Finding that whilst I'm still pushing myself, they aren't as difficult as they were when I got them.

My PT did a check of my squat form now I'm getting heavy (70kg). I thought there wasn't something quite right and wanted him to check before I went on further.

He said that my lower back seems to be the weakest part of me (which I kinda knew) and he also said my glutes aren't always firing together and that results in me coming up unevenly, my right shoulder before my left. He got me to go on the reverse hyper seat/machine thing and by holy hell my hams are sore. And it was scary, I kept feeling like I was gonna fall on my face @_@

Just using 2kg weights whilst doing cardio. Finding that whilst I'm still pushing myself, they aren't as difficult as they were when I got them.

Awesome, keep it up :D Also moar weight! :heh:

soooo, i've just bought one of these...

fitbit-flex-wireless-activity--sleep-wristband_otherimages.jpg

(slate version, if anyone cares?)

been looking at the jawbone up for a while now but when this came out the reviews seemed much better and was speaking to a friend of a friend last night about it, he also recommended the fitbit (even though he was WEARING the jawbone up at the time!) and that made my mind up.

i'm not sure it's going to aid me in weight loss - though i'm looking forward to tracking activity and food - the main reason i bought this was for the sleep tracking and rem cycle based alarm system - it wakes you up at the best time for your body based on where you are in your sleep cycle when you want your alarm to wake you (eg. you set it to wake you between 6 and 6.30 and it'll wake you at 6.20 when it senses you're in light sleep)

I have real trouble with both getting to sleep and waking up(?!) so i'm hoping that this feature will be as beneficial to me as reviews and friends recommendations make it sound.

is this the right board for this?

shall i report back?

does anyone care?

:wtf:

:smile:

I suppose this thread really is all about fitness and health, just as much as diet/weight. So you might as well put it here.

That does seem like a wonderful idea, something I've been looking into myself, I either sleep too much (as in 14 hours) or not enough (not sleeping much for days), so perhaps this could give me a better idea of what is going on! Definitely let us know how these go @bluey

@Raining_again Some of us cannot do 70kg - you super woman! But my next weights will be 5kg for sure.

Yeah its totally the right place! The fitbit is cooool. I had one and it told me that I wake up at least 20 times overnight, and got a solid 1.5 hours sleep between about 1am and 3am. its plugs through to myfitnesspal as well, so you can log your food and it gives you additional activity points. The only thing it wasn't really good for was sessions at the gym. But if you are just looking to get a lil bit more active generally, its great.

@nightwolf - yesssss 5kg go. :)

@bluey, what exactly does that thing do? How does it work? I'm partly interested because my sleep patterns this month have been shit, for some reason.

@nightwolf: I'd really suggest you get an adjustable weights set. Basically, where you can buy a barbell, a dumbbell or two and some weight plates.

The reason I'm suggesting this is that you will progress with weights. Sooner or later (probably sooner) those 2KG weights will become far too easy for you. Instead of buying 3KG weights and then 4KG weights, you could buy the adjustable sets and alter the weight for your benefit.

You'll also benefit from this because it saves space and it could save you more money in the longer run.

@bluey, what exactly does that thing do? How does it work? I'm partly interested because my sleep patterns this month have been shit, for some reason.

it's a little fitness tracker that fits inside a wristband and syncs to an app to track your daily and nightly activity...

this review is probably the best and tells all the features...

New favourite lift has to be Power Cleans. Something about them just make you feel like you're a machine. Catching the bar at heavier weight when your hands are sweaty is a bit of an issue but I really enjoy doing them.