N-Europe

Cloak and Dagger II

The Peeps

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are missing the point, though. If the truth serum player is real, coming forward isn't a good idea. If they are real, coming forward to save Magnus would make them a target. And, if they are real, it means that Magnus is telling the truth and isn't part of the mafia. In that situation the mafia will be jumping on the vote bandwagon - it's win win for them. Either they get a townie lynch or they out the truth serum player who is a danger to them.

I think we should give Magnus the benefit of the doubt for now. It's a lead for tomorrow but right now I don't think he should be lynched, because for all we know he's telling the truth and the truth-serum player just doesn't want to put their own life on the line. It's selfish in a way, but I think I would do the same in that situation.

SECOND POST:

I other news anyone know what this is?

erpe ghwrqdwlrq lq irxu gdbv

It was at the start of the write up. We haven't investigated any other lines of enquiry today, so lets see if anyone knows what it means. Code? Work just garbled language?

That's very interesting. Because I didn't get to choose what power to take, otherwise I would've had Marcamillian's! What is your take on the Magnus situation MadDog? Just because you don't have any info doesn't mean you can't take part in discussion!

With regards to the code, I had totally forgotten about it. Where's our best code crackers when we need them???

There's no evidence to back up his claim of him being injected with the truth serum, other than himself. There's evidence that he targeted 2 people who then died. Seems pretty conclusive.

I just wanted to check how long the day had been so far before i voted, and it's been going for a while so I'll get my vote in now.

Vote: Magnus Peterson

SECOND POST:

I other news anyone know what this is?

erpe ghwrqdwlrq lq irxu gdbv

It was at the start of the write up. We haven't investigated any other lines of enquiry today, so lets see if anyone knows what it means. Code? Work just garbled language?

I had a random theory that perhaps it was a reverse code ie convert them into numbers then back again and the numbers would equal different letters on a phone.

Using the telephone text buttons, the code reads: 3773 4497739511 57 4798 4328. I've tried finding a site which would give suggestions as to what those words could be, but every site is a "numbers into words" conversion and just says what they are - I try just 3773 and it comes out with "three thousand seven hundred and seventy three". Very fucking useful.

In case that was confusing, here's a personal example.

idv vm fc bgnuvc

Convert into numbers:

438 86 32 246772.

Using other letters on those phone keys:

Get to da choppa.

Telephone-keypad2.svg

Failing that. Using the letters to get their numeric value A=1 B=2 etc etc. Then maybe converting that. But since I couldn't find a site for the former I didn't bother translating them into numbers.

I could be way off base here. If so potential idea for future mafia. I thought of it first fuckers. We shall call it The EEMURIGMA Code.

@Magnus Peterson, what is your name? Sorry if this has already been posted.

Second post: mmkay, things may get a bit mind-fucky here, but bear with me.

I am able to surmise my thoughts/input into a particular type of coded message such that upon my death, these thoughts can be worked out using the information that comes with my death writeup.

The downside is that the info I put into these coded messages can't then come out from me bluntly (it can only come from working out the message).

I'm not a tracker or anything, but I do have the ability to do this, so I feel I should make the most of it.

I'll explain:

Each series of messages comes with one 'master' key. The master key is a 26x26 letter grid. Here is the grid:

sfxr90.png

Now, what you have to do here is use a piece of information relating to me, and use that to form a line pattern. You start on the left hand side (column A) and pick one letter from that column, then move onto column B, and pick one letter again from that column - forming connecting lines in the process. Repeat for all the columns. The letters you need to pick probably won't be obvious at this stage, unless you're in possession of some sort of investigatory ability and have used it on me to get hold of this information.

That line pattern can then be transposed identically onto the following 'clue' grids, to piece together something:

Clue 1: 2vkj5z8.png

Clue 2: 27y28hz.png

Clue 3: 160odhk.png

Clue 4: 2ptv3w3.png

Ok, using that same method, I have prepared a similar one for you too @Cube. It rests on you to work this particular one out, as probably only you can do it. Or anyone after you're dead. We've seen the kind of info surfacing on death here anyhow.

Here's the master key to form a letter-connecting line pattern. In this case it's something about yourself as the clue for what letters to connect to form the pattern.

34y8mqf.png

And once you have the pattern, your clue codes to apply it to:

208xj48.png

a1gwfr.png

2mhvbt2.png

ifx65f.png

As I say, to most please do not get hung up on this as the general idea is that this won't make sense to most, currently. Unless I gave too much away here which is entirely possible. Sometimes the clue can be simpler than first imagined.

As to what use is all of this...I think it's fairly obvious that if the Mafia kill me, or even Cube, they expose the code. As it stands, a chunk of my suspicions/beliefs/comments are getting locked away and aren't going to come out unless they're cracked. So the ball's in their court.

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

The clue to crack the master key is simpler than you might think. It's something relating to you and only you. It's not necessarily a word either. It could repeat. Link this info to the columns in the master key. Once you have your pattern, apply it to the clues.

Day Three Is Over

Majority was not reached

Votes:

Magnus Peterson (5): Yvonne, EEVILMURRAY, mr-paul, MadDog, Rummy

Majority is 7

12 Players Remaining:

@mr\-paul

@MadDog

@Magnus Peterson

MIA:

Marcamillian

Jonnas

Jon Dedede

The agents could not work out the code, nor could they decide on a lynch. Perhaps something will come out of the night phase!

NIGHT THREE

Please send in your PMs