Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Destiny

Dog-amoto

Anyone have a decent and comprehensive list of changes TTK brings to Destiny? Or can anybody list the changes? :p

I'm guessing that Light on armour will account for an extra level of defence or something if XP is doing to be directly tied to it now.

What does this mean exactly? That you won't need Raid/Faction gear to access content like PoE 34?

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have a decent and comprehensive list of changes TTK brings to Destiny? Or can anybody list the changes? :p

What does this mean exactly? That you won't need Raid/Faction gear to access content like PoE 34?

Comprehensive list here:

New info from the Gamescom IGN interview with Deej.

• Deej not wearing jacket

• Factions have bounties and rewards as you pledge allegiance

• Classes have many specific items, including weapons

• New footage being shown from first mission

• The Dreadnaught is home to patrols, strikes, raids, bounties, Court of Oryx (player instigated public event)

• Raid difficulty not revealed at this time

• Playing the game increases your level

• Your light is how powerful you are

• You will enter Taken King at the level you have currently obtained

• Every player gets a boost consumable to bring you up to Taken King level - will be available in the tower

• Crucible gameplay being shown as well

• They want you to focus on the story, the game, not how to hit max level

• End game crucible drop gave several rewards

• Year one weapons will still be relevant...for old content and Crucible

• Lots of talk about the new weapons and their customization options

• Two Titan hammers destroys a bubble in gameplay

• Their goal is to create weapons and gear that are better or more fun than our year one gear

• "If their is any one item or weapon that you choose every time, they would like to provoke us to think more about our loadout" "Destiny should not be Gjallarhorn simulator"

• Deej strongly hinting at elements in game that will encourage use of other weapons

• "Thorn has been a dominant terror in the Crucible for far too long" "I miss Suros"

• Nothing new on Vault Space yet but there is a plan

• There will be a live walkthrough of the tower before Taken King launches - will explain how collection urges will be satisfied

• That's a wrap!

He also let's me turn in Motes of Light, Weapon Parts, Armour Materials or Ammo Synths to gain rep - a handy tool for levelling up a faction for those players who have an abundance of any of the above" - Game Informer, September 2015 Issue

Finally we can get rid of those 1K+ Weapon parts/class armour materials to get those faction shaders/ships ;)

Maybe you won't actually level up while doing that though, it's perhaps just for joining your friends in the DLC content.

Tbh, you can level up characters so quickly now, once through the story, a few strikes and some vendor gear and you're practically there. The only thing you struggle with pre-2.0 is class materials.

Are people all on board about getting it? Not played Destiny for around 2 months. I wouldn't mind getting into it. Price wise how much is the DLC now?

Guess you have a Destiny base game? If so, it's better to trade it in and get Destiny Taken King next month since it will have base game + Year 1 DLCs and Taken King DLC for £40+ depends on which stores you will use.

Otherwise it's £40 for Year 1 DLCs and £40 for Taken King DLC.

It's ridiculous that it's £2.85 more for the DLC with the original game than it is for the DLC on its own. And I imagine either way, you would get the year one rewards. Trading is a no go because I have the limited edition version of the original. But maybe if the disk edition has several different codes, we can buy that then sell the codes for the first parts?

Edit: it's fucking £37 here! http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/destiny-taken-king-legendary-edition-playstation-4-xbox-one-34-85-simplygames-com-2258547

Edited by Shorty

So I caved and rolled a Hunter. Completed the story up to and including the first Moon mission but going to hold off on the rest until 2.0 and Nolandroid is in.

Levelled him up to 20 through PvP.

Not really sure how I didn't get on with Hunter last time I played because I kind of love it this time round. I think I'm maybe more aware of how important movement is and now understand the nuance of a lot of the other mechanics that I didn't even know about before. I'm only levelling Gunslinger at the moment so I've not tried dabbling again at invisibility and all that. Think I was slightly underwhelmed by Golden Gun - and at times I still am during PvE - but damn, it's brutal in PvP. Cook it round a corner and BOOM, three easy kills most the time (You can unlock a fourth shot, can't you?).

I'm remembering when I use to do Golden Gun, I always panicked and fired all three shots really fast. Now I'm calmer, got a steady hand and...yeah, liking it much more.

Cluster grenades really need to do more damage.

I was coming top of the team with less than half my skill-tree unlocked and no access to exotics. It was glorious (although I was more often than not on the losing team... :\ ). And I also realised how fucking annoying Thorn and The Last Word are. When you're using them and you're part of the meta, it's fine because everyone is playing dirty but Jesus, not having access to them is a real kicker. Although that was definitely made much worse by not having my armour perks unlocked yet so my armour stats were in the dumps. Being forced to use crap Hand-cannons and Scout-Rifles really makes me look forward to the weapon balancing.

Also, throwing knife. That was another thing that used to annoy me but it's clicked this time round. Definitely going to run with the double knife perk and the one that gives you a chance at an instant recharge on a kill.

So, I hit lvl 20 and I have no Legendary armour whatsoever. I've only got the Bones of Eao, so I'm sitting at a pretty lame lvl 22. (Also got the Crest of Alpha Lupi and the Nighthawk exotics.)

And, the starter cloak – the one you don't wear over your head – is the best class item. Fuck having my head covered. I was so annoyed when I accidentally dismantled that the first time. You should really have an option to wear your hood up or down.

destiny___gunslinger_by_morningwar-d7tm8vl.png

So I love my Warlock, and I've come round to my Hunter. Now it's just my Titan...who's been pretty neglected (the fault of the class upgrade material that is finally not going to be a issue soon).

Welcome to the dark golden side :) The fourth shot comes from the Achylophage Symbiote helmet. Hope you picked up Bones of Eao from Xur this weekend!

Edit: remember even though the class materials issue still exists at the moment, you need far fewer since the last major patch.

Edited by Shorty

I do keep thinking about getting a 2nd character going, i have a level 12 Hunter just sitting there doing nothing (and has been since January). I'm quite fond of the Warlock character, having put many hours into creating the character over the last year. But i can't see myself continuing with the Hunter, mainly because i don't particularly want to do all the lackluster story missions again. And the fact i don't have the time to run a 2nd character, i think i only created it to attempt a revive for Destiny.

Still, did some PoE last night and cashed in my Elder Cypher to get the Lord of Wolves Shotgun. Which brings my Exotics up to 7 (Vex, Gjallahorn, Hard Light, Pocket Infinity, Red Death, Lord of Wolves and SUROS Regime)

Funny you should say that, I just gave my spare Gjallarhorn to my Hunter.

...But no, I'm still a lowly lvl 28. Just need a couple Legendary chest pieces to Etheric Light up and I'll be 34.

Just realised my new Hunter is going to hit lvl 34 before my Week One Titan will. Awks.

Go visit the Postmaster cos there are a new bug where everyone get some "Red Bull" packages for free. Got 9+ Strange coins and a legendary weapon despite I never redeem a red bull code haha.

Also Game Informers got a 5 pages of new information about their experiences with the TTK.

I only had time for the Daily Mission yesterday. As a lvl 28, I didn't think I could rush through the lvl 30 difficulty so I did the lvl 26 one.

BOOM, got rewarded with a Legendary chest piece which I Etheric Lit upped and I'm now lvl 31. Just need either a Legendary helmet - preferable - or Legendary boots to hit lvl 34.

...Then I need to start levelling Blade Dancer. I've got almost all the story missions to do so I'm going to go through those when 2.0 is released.

Jeez you got all those levels without doing story missions? You do know they give the most xp over time out of anything (especially combined with Eris bounties)?

Edit: aha, have you done it so you can experience Nolan North's Destiny start to finish?? :p

Btw, have you checked that you're still in the running for your Year One gear? Progress is tied to each character, so you might have wiped some progress.

Edited by Shorty

Yeah, saving the story for the Nolan north experience. And yep, those juice XP rewards are waiting to speed-level my Void Hunter. Mwahahahaha!!!

My Warlock has 24 days 6 hours and 59 minutes of playtime on him (compared to 2d 4h 10m on my Titan and now 10h 28m on my new Hunter). My Triumphs progress is forever safe with him. He'll always be my main. My Dead Orbit Exo Warlock.

warlock_by_noble__6-d7x5hwo.jpg

Edited by Daft

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!